It feels good to be excited about the season...

1 hour ago, HighPitch said:

You guys say this every year lol

All they've done the last 10+ years is talk as I have been saying forever. I am very very guardedly / slightly optimistic tbh. It's the Jets. Everything can and usually does f*ck up once the real games start. As Max said, we do deserve a winner already for Christ sakes. Still, it is the Jets. 

Nice throwback uni's though.

I haven’t been this excited since 98.  Until the world crashed opening day vs the Pats.  
There were other years were the excitement level was high but this is so different.  The QB changed everything for the fanbase.  A top 5 defense and a capable offense with a HOF QB, GW, BH and capable TEs?  
Can’t wait!  We do deserve this, let the most loyal fanbase have its day.  

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, freestater said:

I love the fact that there's so many good young kids that are easy to root for. Been years since it's been like that.

Ah, the good old days with Kellen Winslow II, Robby Anderson, Sheldon Richardson, Damien Robinson...

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Lith said:

Guilty as charged.  Every year, I get optimistic in the offseason.  Then it usually does not take long after seeing the team on the field for them to beat the optimism out of me.  But this year it does feel different (no I don't say that every year).  The talent level on the team appears to be better than it has been since 2009/10.  And we have Aaron Rodgers as our QB -- we have not been able to say that in past years.

Bringing Rodgers in was a risky move.  It could blow up in our faces.  But this year, there is at least a clear path to a possible special season.  That has not been the case in past years.

Same with me

but last year i felt the same. I thought zach was gonna ball

but yea as usual i am super optimistic this year. Again

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Bungaman said:

For the first time in a long time (ever?) I have faith that the organization will not only figure out the next couple of years, but beyond that. Yes, JD's first draft was pretty grim, but I would wager that someone who has time (not me) could look through the last four drafts of any of the top ten teams and see that the miss rate is probably pretty close to what the Jets have. Saleh's job is to motivate the men, hire good coordinators and assistants to coach and teach - and I think that free agents look to this place no longer as "the last place to cash in", but as a place to play football in a style they like, and for a coach they can relate to. 

It's not perfect, but it never will be: people and organizations learn and evolve. I think we are in a good spot for the short and long term. JD has gotten rid of players that don't fit, and Saleh has replaced coaches in the same way, IMHO.

And, in important news, I may be moving to a place where I will have fiber internet instead of (yes, really,) 12 mb x 1 mb DSL "service." As someone with an IT job, this has been especially insulting and injurious. But that's what I get for living near the bears and bobcats on the slopes of Camels Hump State Park (VT). If it happens, I might actually sign up for the NFL Ripoff since I might actually be able to stream the game.

Agree 100%.

Hope your move goes through.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HighPitch said:

Same with me

but last year i felt the same. I thought zach was gonna ball

but yea as usual i am super optimistic this year. Again

I think the difference between Rodgers and Favre is that I think Rodgers actually wants to be here.

I am optimistic that they will be a playoff team. Defense looks like it is going to be really good, and with Rodgers in there instead of Zach I can see this offense taking off. It might take a little time for the receivers to get in sync with Rodgers and the way he runs the offense and all the little intricacies that go along with it, but with Wilson, Hall Lazard, Cobb if they stay healthy they will be really good as well.

If the Jets stay healthy they will complete with Buffalo for the division.

One more thing....If they get a chance to stomp the Pats I really want them to run up the score. I know it probably won't happen but after seeing scumbag Pats coach do it to the Jets so many times I really REALLY want them to humiliate them if the get the chance.

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, freestater said:

I think o-line is my biggest questions on offense, but agreed all around. What a crazy season. My absolute dream scenario at the end of last season is to get Aaron Frickin Rodgers. Cannot even believe that here we are. QB was the one glaring hole that needed to be addressed  and we bring in Aaron Frickin Rodgers. Can't say how excited I am. So pumped to come watch us stomp the cheating p*tsies and their scumbag coach this September. 

I think this is gonna be a fantastic year. 

Unlike last year, I feel like there's good depth on the O-Line.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Unlike last year, I feel like there's good depth on the O-Line.

There is, I thought they would bring Fant back. But they are running pretty deep depth wise (as far as the Jets are concerned anyhow). So fingers crossed!

47 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

I think the difference between Rodgers and Favre is that I think Rodgers actually wants to be here.

Favre stopped in NY just a little bit longer than Anthony Barr on their collective ways to Minnesota.  

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, shawn306 said:

If the Jets stay healthy they will complete with Buffalo for the division.

One more thing....If they get a chance to stomp the Pats I really want them to run up the score. I know it probably won't happen but after seeing scumbag Pats coach do it to the Jets so many times I really REALLY want them to humiliate them if the get the chance.

Oh yes, pretty please yes! I want the Cheatriot fair weather fans - many of whom seem around here to be slightly less enthusiastic since their two decade FQB left to play in Tampa - to feel like they did when the Bills whupped them 50 something to whatever in the playoffs, when the Bills scored on every drive in the game. THAT'S what I want - historic drubbings. I can only hope one of those would coincide with Belicheat achieving the all time loss record: that would be sweeeaaat!

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Maxman said:

This is an actual genuine post from me. :) It feels good to be excited for the season. The biggest question mark on offense is the backup QB. The defense looks legit and Aaron Rodgers says he plans on playing multiple years.

Joe Klecko and Darrelle Revis are getting inducted to the Hall of Fame soon and Jets football is here.

It really feels good. Fingers crossed for an amazing season, we deserve this! Let's go Jets!

Harumph!

22 hours ago, Maxman said:

This is an actual genuine post from me. :) It feels good to be excited for the season. The biggest question mark on offense is the backup QB. The defense looks legit and Aaron Rodgers says he plans on playing multiple years.

Joe Klecko and Darrelle Revis are getting inducted to the Hall of Fame soon and Jets football is here.

It really feels good. Fingers crossed for an amazing season, we deserve this! Let's go Jets!

If we get to the bye 3-3 or 4-2 we’re in for an exciting ride! 11-6 or 12-5. Now that’s the definition of exciting.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, shawn306 said:

One more thing....If they get a chance to stomp the Pats I really want them to run up the score.

I am certain AR knows the deep level of animus Jets fans have for the Pats. It will be Rodgers way of paying immediate divends to the fan base and the F.O. The energy for that game will no longer be dread, but a confidence that will have the defense firing off the ball and throwing their body around.

• Upvote 1

On 7/24/2023 at 5:36 AM, southparkcpa said:

Me too. Gonna wear my signed Klecko jersey all weekend from Friday to Sunday all throughout Canton and during the ceremony. I bought floor seats.  I'll then wear it  the following Saturday at the game in Charlotte.

That's great, I have floor seats as well. Really looking forward to it. I'm taking in all of the activities on Saturday. Do you know if any of the Friday activities are worth it? I see $170 for the gold jacket which I think is too high

Maybe a JN meeting spot on Saturday?

I am no more excited than normal.  But my normal excitement level is so high that the knob goes to 11 so not much room for additional excitement. I am more fearful though of a bad season since the letdown will be so immense with such a talented team. Still going with 5-11 for the season,

1 hour ago, billo83 said:

That's great, I have floor seats as well. Really looking forward to it. I'm taking in all of the activities on Saturday. Do you know if any of the Friday activities are worth it? I see $170 for the gold jacket which I think is too high

There is a bar called Jerzees on Dressler ave that Jets fans are going to on Friday around 6.     I might do that. Saw it on a Tampa bay Jets club FB page.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, billo83 said:

We are leaving on Wednesday night from NJ. Driving the RV out and staying in a highway rest stop, probably around midnight. Will finish the drive up in the morning.

On Thursday we check in to an RV park nearby and are going to the game obviously.

Friday we have some stuff that we are doing with Tailgate Joe.

Saturday he got us in the parade, I posted it in another thread but we are supposed to be walking behind Joe Klecko's car. So pumped for that.

There is a lot of time in between the parade and the induction ceremony though. Would love to meet up with anyone going.

We should either bump the old HOF thread or start a new one so we can keep track of who will be there.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1