It feels good to be excited about the season...

8 minutes ago, Larz said:

Amen. We deserve a smart QB, electric playmakers and a ferocious pass rush.  Should be a fun year. 

Wilford Brimley in the Natural with Robert Redford rounding the bases.

I deserve this.

:)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Again, regardless of Rodger’s age, expense or years left, none of this excitement would be present without him.

Imagine if we had Derek Carr or Jimmy G. Locked down for the next 4 years… We would currently be stuck in “contender limbo” for the unforeseen future.  We would not have nearly as many young players develop as quickly as with Rodgers here.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

This is an actual genuine post from me. :) It feels good to be excited for the season. The biggest question mark on offense is the backup QB. The defense looks legit and Aaron Rodgers says he plans on playing multiple years.

Joe Klecko and Darrelle Revis are getting inducted to the Hall of Fame soon and Jets football is here.

It really feels good. Fingers crossed for an amazing season, we deserve this! Let's go Jets!

Yep..I’ll be in Canton and following week Jets come to my home city.  Charlotte Jets club is having a get together before the game for those interested.   Season starting out strong…….  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Yep..I’ll be in Canton and following week Jets come to my home city.  Charlotte Jets club is having a get together before the game for those interested.   Season starting out strong…….  

That is so cool to see two games like that. Nice start to camp for you.

Are you going to the Hall of Fame parade on Saturday in Canton?  Apparently my Son and I will be in it, should be walking behind Joe Klecko's car. Pretty pumped.

• Upvote 3

Sure does.  With the videos from TC flowing, it’s hard not to be.  We deserve a good run.  Been a rough decade for the franchise and us fans. This next few seasons can go a long way in changing the narrative of the franchise moving forward.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Sure does.  With the videos from TC flowing, it’s hard not to be.  We deserve a good run.  Been a rough decade for the franchise and us fans. This next few seasons can go a long way in changing the narrative of the franchise moving forward.

Yes this is just the beginning (hopefully).

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

That is so cool to see two games like that. Nice start to camp for you.

Are you going to the Hall of Fame parade on Saturday in Canton?  Apparently my Son and I will be in it, should be walking behind Joe Klecko's car. Pretty pumped.

I didn't plan on it.  We're getting in on Friday morning but I can look into it. 

Getting pumped.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, billo83 said:

I'll be there. Looking forward to it. I'll look for you guys in the parade. So pumped to finally see Klecko get inducted. 

Me too. Gonna wear my signed Klecko jersey all weekend from Friday to Sunday all throughout Canton and during the ceremony. I bought floor seats.  I'll then wear it  the following Saturday at the game in Charlotte.

• Upvote 4

It feels amazing to be excited for a season.
But having been a Jets fan since ‘98, I know full well how many false dawns we have.

excited? You bet. Cautious and expecting 0-17 and an Adam Gase return? Wouldn’t shock me.
... like a troglodyte seeing the sun for the first time. ... warmth bathing over it's swollen blind eyes as the optic nerves reach towards the warmth in an effort to heal themselves.... This is the thankless journey of a Jets fan

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Haha 3

Did anyone follow Russel Wilson last year at Denver's TC? Was the excitement anything like here with Rodgers? Did Russell have a great TC over there? Did anyone buy him a diamond necklace?

I don't remember too much about Russell's early days over there and just wonder if there's any parallels to Rdgers being under center here for the Jets....

14 hours ago, Bronx said:

Ball security from both MC1 and Abikanda on the last couple of days are a bit concerning. 

The primary concern about the defense is that they don’t generate enough takeaways. The fact that they are clearly working on this in camp should be considered a good thing. For the RBs as well, who’ll learn to hold onto the ball tighter. 

13 hours ago, freestater said:

I think o-line is my biggest questions on offense, but agreed all around. What a crazy season. My absolute dream scenario at the end of last season is to get Aaron Frickin Rodgers. Cannot even believe that here we are. QB was the one glaring hole that needed to be addressed  and we bring in Aaron Frickin Rodgers. Can't say how excited I am. So pumped to come watch us stomp the cheating p*tsies and their scumbag coach this September. 

I think this is gonna be a fantastic year. 

Agreed all around. We really only know who the guards are gonna be on the OL right now. I like all the competition they have, but I’ll feel better once they settle on a starting five.  

They got the only QB available who could turn the team into instant contenders. Most years, I’m looking for things to be excited about, this year I’m making an effort to try to keep my expectations down. 

4 hours ago, ScouserJet said:

It feels amazing to be excited for a season.

But having been a Jets fan since ‘98, I know full well how many false dawns we have.

excited? You bet. Cautious and expecting 0-17 and an Adam Gase return? Wouldn’t shock me.

A fan since ‘98? You’re a pup, lol. The Jets didn’t have a winning season in my first ten years as a fan (a.k.a.: the 70s). I’m invested. 

• Upvote 3

54 minutes ago, FootballLove said:

Did anyone follow Russel Wilson last year at Denver's TC? Was the excitement anything like here with Rodgers? Did Russell have a great TC over there? Did anyone buy him a diamond necklace?

I don't remember too much about Russell's early days over there and just wonder if there's any parallels to Rdgers being under center here for the Jets....

Wilson did not look good in camp last year.  Many of the talking heads on sports talk radio in Denver were taking the angle of "it's a new system, it's only practice, he'll figure it out when the real games start."

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HighPitch said:

You guys say this every year lol

Guilty as charged.  Every year, I get optimistic in the offseason.  Then it usually does not take long after seeing the team on the field for them to beat the optimism out of me.  But this year it does feel different (no I don't say that every year).  The talent level on the team appears to be better than it has been since 2009/10.  And we have Aaron Rodgers as our QB -- we have not been able to say that in past years.

Bringing Rodgers in was a risky move.  It could blow up in our faces.  But this year, there is at least a clear path to a possible special season.  That has not been the case in past years.

• Upvote 4