Let’s talk about Zach Wilson

Part of Rodgers being here is to mentor Zach and get him ready to take over when Rodgers retires.  Is Zach is improving and playing well in practice and preseason games, they are not trading him.  

You think Rodgers is wasting time mentoring Zach so he improves and can go play for another team?

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, FootballLove said:

What are you talking about? This player had ARM TALENT written all over him! Not sure how scouts missed it 🤣

Every NFL Team’s Draft Pick That Mel Kiper Was HORRIBLY WRONG About

He developed into an elite QB. He was a game manager in his first 3/4 seasons. 

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1

29 minutes ago, FootballLove said:

My fear is we'll win big with AR, but that will come to an end and we'll have NOTHING in the pipeline. We will be back to square one searching for our FQB. Another decade of darkness. Those 'feel good years' will seem like so long ago, as the losses pile up and the Jets return to the cellar.

I think the thing with ZW is the same as with Becton. 

I think with the level of talent across the roster, if that can be maintained, we will remain competitive no matter what happens after AR retires. If ZW isn't the guy, JD will figure out a way to get someone else, either a pick or a FA. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, slats said:

For me, that’s difficult to envision, especially if Rodgers feels like playing a third season here. 

The problem with Rodgers is he is 40.

He may plan on playing 3-4 more yrs and then get injured and change his plans.

Or he coukd win a Super Bowl and decide to retire.  

Hard to make plans with all the possible scenarios.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

The problem with Rodgers is he is 40.

He may plan on playing 3-4 more yrs and then get injured and change his plans.

Or he coukd win a Super Bowl and decide to retire.  

Hard to make plans with all the possible scenarios.

My opinion is that the Jets are currently stuck with Zach, and talk about his development is mostly just that to pump up his confidence and value as a potential trade chip (or maybe comp pick). Rodgers is probably here for two years, which is also how many years Zach is under contract. It’s extremely hard to see the Jets extending him. He would have to have a massive turnaround, as well as the team’s trust, which I suspect is still pretty shaky. 

I have very little problem with him as the backup, though. Rodgers rarely misses a start, and Zach really isn’t any worse of an option than any other contending team has at backup QB. The team demonstrated it could win with him, even if it looked ugly as hell. That’s all you need from a backup. 

I’m very much rooting for him for as long as he’s a Jet, at least, but I don’t see him having a career here. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hex said:

Normally I would say “good. Now let’s see it on the field” but I have a feeling the best case scenario is if the QB2 doesn’t have to play at all this season

..agreed !  😎       hopefully this season will be a time for zach to  " watch & Learn " ;)

The guys that have decided Wilson is a bust are the same guys that thought LaFleur was going to be our next head coach and that Ulbrich was an issue and would be fired.

He very well may be but these rush to judgements when he is going to get at the very least to change the narrative?

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, FootballLove said:

My fear is we'll win big with AR, but that will come to an end and we'll have NOTHING in the pipeline. We will be back to square one searching for our FQB. Another decade of darkness. Those 'feel good years' will seem like so long ago, as the losses pile up and the Jets return to the cellar.

I have no such fears. If we win then go back to sh*t who cares? We are used to that anyway.

My biggest fear is Rodgers gets hurt and we stink again this year.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

The guys that have decided Wilson is a bust are the same guys that thought LaFleur was going to be our next head coach and that Ulbrich was an issue and would be fired.

He very well may be but these rush to judgements when he is going to get at the very least to change the narrative?

The “rush” to judgment on Zach Wilson

Office Sloth GIF by Disney Zootopia

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Bungaman said:

I think with the level of talent across the roster, if that can be maintained, we will remain competitive no matter what happens after AR retires. If ZW isn't the guy, JD will figure out a way to get someone else, either a pick or a FA. 

Yes, if ZW aint the guy, it falls back on JoeD to get another QB. But if JoeD already has AR's heir apparent on the roster, how long should JD keep him on the roster, waiting for AR to retire? I guess that's why JD gets paid the big bucks.

And no doubt, with our talented roster, a non-FQB could do pretty well. But at the end of the day (season?) most teams need a Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen type QB to push them over the hump. I just don't wanna fall into the Kirk Cousins trap, winning just enough games not to fire him, but never good enough to win a ring, even with a talented roster.

1 hour ago, jgb said:

I have no such fears. If we win then go back to sh*t who cares? We are used to that anyway.

My biggest fear is Rodgers gets hurt and we stink again this year.

This. All day, this.

This franchise is never going to draft "the next Mahomes" - ever. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

after 2 very good years with Rodgers (hopefully) he retires and in 2025 we go with Zach Wilson? 

after all that good success that will give Saleh and JD new life and probably new contracts there going to risk that with the worst QB in NFL history with 20 or more starts.? they would be really stupid to do that. so stupid it could cost them their jobs because we already seen this movie, and nobody will give them a pass for this.

NO

they will get a QB either in the draft or FA or both. no way they take the risk of give Zach the team in 2025.

Zach Wilson is done as a Jet. he is only on this roster cause nobody wants him and it would cost us more to cut him than keep him.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

11 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

Post of the year!!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

21 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Prey for doesn’t play.

Team is all with Aaron. I’d have to believe front office would over pay in a trade for decent qb if #12 was to miss more than a couple games. Know the D and running game Carried zach few wins last yr but can’t take that chance. 

• Upvote 1

... give this man a cigar.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

I’ll sign up for “another decade of darkness” and deal with the regression at this point if it results in a championship. That said, I think we have a competent front office that is more than capable of avoiding that negative long term scenario. The coaching staff is the only outlier at this point.
  • Upvote 2

On 7/24/2023 at 11:33 PM, doitny said:

Zach will look good in preseason just like he did his 1st year. we cant be fooled again. 

I didn't see things this way.  In both previous TC's ZW would have a good day or 2 then lay an egg.  The fan base and media made mountains of the good days and didn't talk to much about the bad. 

IF...... he is showing any level of consistency that is an improvement over the last 2 years. 

24 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

He's already washed out .

🪙 Bitcoin During Low Tide

Whatever.  

All I am hearing is that he is a new guy and looks great.   He is on our team and I root for the guys on our team, especially young guys with potential playing important positions. I don’t know why some of you are in such a rush to predict any players failure.  

Let’s see how he does in the 4 exhibition games and then maybe we ll have some more information to assess his future.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • More Ugh 1

10 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Zach might be having the best camp out of everyone.  As jet fans, we couldnt ask for anything better.

Get excited jet fans.  We may have a franchise qb waiting in the wings once rodgers is done.

image.jpeg.9b4aac529f13734688542f7e98ec8d0c.jpeg

• Haha 3

On 7/25/2023 at 12:09 AM, BloodGreen said:

Really young with loads of arm talent. Who knows? Has the opportunity to sit a learn from an all time great, like 5th round talented QB’s should. We shall see…

LOL Arm talent. Yes so much talent that he repeatedly throws a swing or screen into the turf.

He stinks. He is outa here come contract time.

• Haha 1

On 7/25/2023 at 8:28 AM, FootballLove said:

That's your fear? You are the epitome of the SOJ fan.  

Ah you think misery is your ally? You merely adopted the misery. I was born in it, molded by it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1