Sean Payton taking shots at Hackett and Jets

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

It is remarkable how good Russ was in Seattle and how inept he looked most of last season.

To what extent does a HC / OC even have the ability to make a "great" player look like a complete JAG?

In soccer or basketball, nobody would buy this as an excuse.

Unrelated but: I was at the Denver game and can say this:  Zach Wilson should never play another down for the NYJ.  Brett Rypien was the better QB that day.  Wilson was wild and lost, pancking at the slightest whiff of pressure, the entire day.  Best thing he did was hand the ball off to Breece for a 60+ yard TD.

I was also not that game and I will not be going again this year because I'm terrible luck - both Breece and AVT go down when I show up.

Raised Irish Catholic, so I have to blame myself. 

As for Hackett/Russ, I can't speak to his impact on Russ on-the-field specifically, but there were a lot of reports of him being isolated from the team.

Looks the exact opposite of Rodgers coming here - sitting at a different table @ lunch every day, going out with teammates in NYC during the offseason, making an effort with the young guys etc. 

Seems like it was a failure of leadership from Russ and Hackett for not doing that last year.

Besides, both Rodgers and Hackett have something to prove after last season and have already had success together.

40 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Dialing it back already... I guess he should've played better chess with his intentional actions

so everyone tried to climb up his ass with the "intentional" bullsh*t, and it one swift turn he sh*t them all out.

amazing.

• Upvote 1

Of everything I’ve read over that last 7 pages, the only thing that registers is that Hackett was not calling the plays for Rogers in Green Bay. Not sure if anyone else is concerned, but after Hackett’s last season, I am. I hope Rogers has the ability to run an offense on his own. 

28 minutes ago, DarthVitreous said:

Of everything I’ve read over that last 7 pages, the only thing that registers is that Hackett was not calling the plays for Rogers in Green Bay. Not sure if anyone else is concerned, but after Hackett’s last season, I am. I hope Rogers has the ability to run an offense on his own. 

I have to believe AR knows more about offense than LaFleur does.  Hackett as OC is the last thing I’m worried about.  

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, bitonti said:

When a prospect has a father who was a player it's a good thing. 

Notre Dame tackle Joe alt is the son of Kansas city lineman John alt. That's legacy, genetics and also what the kid learned 

Meanwhile Both Hackett are terrible coaches. Father and son both bad 

You can tell yourself this but it’s as wrong as wrong can be because there is no basis for this.  Following you if your father was a player you’re going to be a better coach?  Lol, could be but it’s not a given.  Just as it works the other way.  Father was a bad coach you’re going to be bad?  Based on what, genetics?  
Hacketts son is a better OC than his farther was but you’re just going to complain and moan, it’s what you do 

4 hours ago, k-met57 said:

you missed one lol

Everyone keeps saying this.

It's stupid either way.  It doesn't matter.

But if you want to play the stupid semantics / perception game, this puts even more pressure on Russ now.

I mean if he can't bounce back  now with genius Sean Payton at the helm, that must mean he's completely washed, no?

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Everyone keeps saying this.

It's stupid either way.  It doesn't matter.

But if you want to play the stupid semantics / perception game, this puts even more pressure on Russ now.

I mean if he can't bounce back  now with genius Sean Payton at the helm, that must mean he's completely washed, no?

he already apologized...there is no intentionality behind being a loud mouth a$$hole.

6 hours ago, bitonti said:

I don't know how any Jets fan can defend nate Hackett

Besides being Paul's son, he really was terrible last year. He didn't call the plays when Rodgers won those mvp. Aaron loves him the same way kids love a babysitter that feeds them candy 

Nate Hackett is legitimately bad. Not an upgrade over MLF 

Payton is like walter in lebowski he's not wrong but he is an a$$hole 

And Billy Turner is done as a player 

A great QB has different needs from an OC than normal QBs. They don’t need teaching or great play calling they just need someone to design the offense to their strengths and make them comfortable. That’s why Gase did fine as Peyton Manning’s OC and why Hackett will be good with Rodgers. Aaron likes him and wants him here. He’ll succeed or fail based on how much he has left of his hall of fame talent and Hackett will make him feel comfortable. 

great non apology, so stupid. Oh you shoudl have taken off your fox hat? more like you are just an A55 hat. He is not some cerebral master minded coach figuring out the best way to take everyone on his shoulders. He is just some bum that had Drew Brees on his team and lost whenever he didnt have one fo the best Qb in the league on his team. 

He is a bum, so is Russel wilson. 

I still like how Saleh handled it, the guy has really seems to grow into this HC role. I hope his game management continues to grow in the positive. But im sure having AR will limit the amount of game time sensitive actions he needs to take aside when to call for the qb kneel

32 minutes ago, docdhc said:

A great QB has different needs from an OC than normal QBs. They don’t need teaching or great play calling they just need someone to design the offense to their strengths and make them comfortable. That’s why Gase did fine as Peyton Manning’s OC and why Hackett will be good with Rodgers. Aaron likes him and wants him here. He’ll succeed or fail based on how much he has left of his hall of fame talent and Hackett will make him feel comfortable. 

doesnt hurt that aaron probably designed half the plays himself.

8 hours ago, bitonti said:

I don't know how any Jets fan can defend nate Hackett

Besides being Paul's son, he really was terrible last year. He didn't call the plays when Rodgers won those mvp. Aaron loves him the same way kids love a babysitter that feeds them candy 

Nate Hackett is legitimately bad. Not an upgrade over MLF 

Payton is like walter in lebowski he's not wrong but he is an a$$hole 

And Billy Turner is done as a player 

This isn’t Craig carton saying Hackett did a lousy job last year, this is a head coach taking a wildly unprofessional and personal cheap shot at one of our own. 

I got Hacks back on this 

18 minutes ago, Larz said:

This isn’t Craig carton saying Hackett did a lousy job last year, this is a head coach taking a wildly unprofessional and personal cheap shot at one of our own. 

I got Hacks back on this 

Your loyalty is admirable 

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

You can tell yourself this but it’s as wrong as wrong can be because there is no basis for this.  Following you if your father was a player you’re going to be a better coach?  Lol, could be but it’s not a given.  Just as it works the other way.  Father was a bad coach you’re going to be bad?  Based on what, genetics?  
Hacketts son is a better OC than his farther was but you’re just going to complain and moan, it’s what you do 

Jets fans convincing ourselves nate Hackett is a good coach is one of those things we hope is true so we pretend it is 

9 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Jets fans convincing ourselves nate Hackett is a good coach is one of those things we hope is true so we pretend it is 

Honestly I don’t give a sh*t if he is.  Rodgers is the OC.  Hackett can get his coffee for all I care.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Honestly I don’t give a sh*t if he is.  Rodgers is the OC.  Hackett can get his coffee for all I care.  

Yeah I agree the best Hackett can do is stay out of the way 

That's not the sign of a good coach 

28 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

He was a terrible HC, but nowhere near a historically bad OC. 

He's Adam gase level bad 

And like gase belongs coaching high school 

18 minutes ago, bitonti said:

He's Adam gase level bad 

Ok, but the last time he was an OC, his QB won back to back MVPs, much like Gase when he had Peyton Manning as his QB. Hmmm - it’s almost like the QB is what really matters. 

sign me up for “Adam Gase level bad”

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

There’s a whole lot of ground between a good coach and historically bad.  
No one is selling anything but you. 
Jets fans love to put that “historically” in front of too many peoples names.  

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, bitonti said:

He's Adam gase level bad 

Again.  Your over the top bad takes are pretty much all you got

IMG_2969.thumb.jpeg.d0eef176f76b2e4a1d5f5b85e3e1887e.jpeg

• Upvote 1