This is going to be a disappointing season for some of you

Facts

31 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

It's August 16th and we've got threads proclaiming this team as the best in franchise history

i.e. This roster's top end potential under Aaron Rodgers.  The best case scenario.

and others talking about firing the coach and the GM.

i.e. The worst case scenario if several of the player decisions don't work out, or AR gets hurt early, etc. given the specific situation (5th of 6 year contract, no winning seasons yet) of our GM.

Unreal.

Only if you have trouble with best case/worst case concepts.

I'm going to reserve judgement on how good the team is and whether JD and/or Saleh will be here in 2024 until after some or all of the games are played.

So you'll make your predictions after the thing you're predicting is already done.

That's definitely one way to do it.

That's not me being a jerk or me not understanding the purpose of a message board. It's just basic common sense and a modicum of intelligence.  

If you say so.  Sounds like simply being afraid to put your honest feels, your honest prediction, down in writing for fear someone will be critical of it.

Unless you really truly have no idea what you think will happen, I guess.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Facts said:

Oh, sorry.

Forgot about our new offensive coordinator who was one of the biggest head-coaching failures in NFL history, who turned a Super Bowl winning QB into a shell of himself, and whose claim to fame is getting coffee for Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay (the head coach in GB called plays - not Hackett).

Herm Edwards and Hacketts dad could make the playoffs with this team.  

All of that to say the Jets will go 9-8 or 10-7?

Well, if they go 10-7, they will hit the over and likely grab a wildcard, which happens to be my exact prediction. 

Despite the repeated claims by many that the jets are being “overhyped,” I have seen very few people actually picking them to win a SB. In Vegas, their over/under win total  is 9.5 and they have the 7th best odds to win the SB. That seems reasonable to me - in other words, they are likely a playoff team but not quite a SB favorite. 

basically, the claim that the jets are overhyped is overhyped. 

• Upvote 3

50 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Hey Facts.  This is the greatest offseason since we traded for Brett Favre.  How did that turn out?  Rhetorical, I'll tell you how it worked out, We won the Thursday night SB against that Pats, that's how it turned out. 

Lol! Exactly.

20 minutes ago, Warfish said:

i.e. This roster's top end potential under Aaron Rodgers.  The best case scenario.

i.e. The worst case scenario if several of the player decisions don't work out, or AR gets hurt early, etc. given the specific situation (5th of 6 year contract, no winning seasons yet) of our GM.

Only if you have trouble with best case/worst case concepts.

So you'll make your predictions after the thing you're predicting is already done.

That's definitely one way to do it.

If you say so.  Sounds like simply being afraid to put your honest feels, your honest prediction, down in writing for fear someone will be critical of it.

Unless you really truly have no idea what you think will happen, I guess.  

I'm happy to make a prediction.  Right now, I think this is about a 10-11 win team. I think they make the playoffs as a wild card and likely lose to one of the power AFC teams (KC, Cincy, Buff).  

I'm not going to proclaim that this team is the best in franchise history or that the season will be a massive disappointment.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Alka said:

Let's talk about facts, shall we?

Fact #1  The Jets were 7-4 to start last season, with basically this same offensive line.

Fact #2  The main reason the Jets finished the season at 0-6 was due to poor QB play, which everyone seems to agree on.

Fact #3  The Jets starting offensive line for this year has not played together one single down yet.  

The Jets offensive line should be:

Duane Brown-  Left tackle

Tomlinson- Left guard

Joe Tippman- Center

AVT-  Right guard

Mechki Becton - right tackle.

You may not be happy with this group, but I am.  McGovern will back up the center and guards.  AVT can be kicked out to tackle if someone gets injured, and McGovern can step into the guard or center role.  Max Mitchell, Schweitzer can be backups to McGovern.  Warren Carter is redshirted for this upcoming year.  I'm still not sure if Billy Turner makes the team or not, but we will see.

Strange thing about last season is that everybody acted like Hall and AVT going down was the death knell.  They still were okay for a bit.  The two things that seemed to change were the stacked box which presumably came from poor QB play (aka Wilson).  The one thing that isn't talked about is the return of Fant.  Fant was kind of a darling in 2021.  He stepped in at LT seemed to play well and seemed to get a bunch of respect from his teammates.  Well, last year he played the 1st 3 and they kind of sucked - even in the miracle comeback against the Browns.  When Fant went down they rolled AVT out and started Herbig against Pittsurgh, which is when the good run started.  Then Brown came back and they continued rolling along.  Even after AVT and Hall went down, the O was good against the Bills, and Bears.  Fant came back against the Vikings and the O was okay under White, but could never punch it in.  They, particularly the run game, sucked the rest of the way.  Fant is still on the street [EDITED:  This is false.  Fant signed 1 year/$4M with the Texans July 28th].  Maybe he is just that bad at run blocking.  How did he grade out? 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Green Ghost said:

You think we win more than 10?

Even I think we win more than 10.  I think the AFC east is amazingly over rated.  We should win 5 in the division.  This division is ripe for us to kill it.  Buffalo is in decline.  Tua will be lucky to get out of one full game and New England is about to bench their QB.

We have the best D and the best QB in the division.  This is a good team with a great QB.  12 and 5.  If we had a great coaching staff this team would be in the hunt for the 1 seed. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

I'm happy to make a prediction.  Right now, I think this is about a 10-11 win team. I think they make the playoffs as a wild card and likely lose to one of the power AFC teams (KC, Cincy, Buff).

Cool.  That's pretty much where I am as well.

11 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

I'm not going to proclaim that this team is the best in franchise history or that the season will be a massive disappointment.  

Nothing whatsoever wrong with that.  But other folks see it more optimistically, others more pessimistically.  I think it's interesting thr wide range of possibilities this year, it really could be all or nothing, depending on just a few vital factors.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Facts said:

RB: Quite frankly I don't care about RB's. This isn't the 70's and 80's anymore.  The best offenses run very little. 

The ratio between run and pass in the NFL is around 56/44.  FACTS.  

The highest in the league was Tampa Bay at around 68 percent but they ranked in the middle of the league for points.  FACTS.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Facts said:

Buffalo won 13 games last season and Miami beat us (without Tua) in the last game.

I say we go 3-3 in the division. 

Last years team isn't as good as this years team.  We beat both Miami and Buffalo twice and maybe even NE twice with decent QB play. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Facts said:

Oh, sorry.

Forgot about our new offensive coordinator who was one of the biggest head-coaching failures in NFL history, who turned a Super Bowl winning QB into a shell of himself, and whose claim to fame is getting coffee for Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay (the head coach in GB called plays - not Hackett).

https://jetsxfactor.com/2023/01/27/ny-jets-aaron-rodgers-nathaniel-hackett-stats/

Say what you want, Rodgers didn't turn into a shell of himself under Hackett from 2019-2021, quite the opposite.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ghost420 said:

Insufferable fanbase

2 hours ago, sciond said:

SOJF

I hate singling you two out, because I see these terms thrown around by a lot regarding Jet fans, and i don’t understand why.

Anyone who has remained a fan of this team for any period beginning after 1970 up until now should be praised for remaining loyal to a team that’s given back as little joy as this one has.

For one of our own to impose a deprecating label on any of us for being critical, or not optimistic enough to please you is disgusting.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I hate singling you two out, because I see these terms thrown around by a lot regarding Jet fans, and i don’t understand why.

Anyone who has remained a fan of this team for any period beginning after 1970 up until now should be praised for remaining loyal to a team that’s given back as little joy as this one has.

For one of our own to impose a deprecating label on any of us for being critical, or not optimistic enough to please you is disgusting.

Maybe I could understand a bit if it was only this off season after bringing in a legit HOF talent at QB. But it's exactly the same dance every. single. off-season.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Praised?  I think the word is Institutionlized.  

4 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

It's fans that all doom and gloom about everything. Ppl around here I never seen once say anything positive about the team. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

I think 10 wins is the minimum

This obviously means nothing to anyone, but I’ve gone over our schedule a few times. I tried very hard to be as neutral as I could, even allowing for an unexpected outcome or two.

I’ve come up with 9 or 11 wins once or twice, but the vast majority of times I end up on 10. 
Sesame Street Idk GIF

2 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

not alot of facts here, just SOJF.

I mean you can see AR is not declined from our practices, but there you go. You dont care about RB's gotcha, WR are the same even though we now have G wilson. OL sucks because the backs play like back ups uh huh, DEF is good, yet you don't consider how with even a decent average offense how many more games we would have won, nor how many an AR led offense can win this year with that good def.

What a weird hill to make a stand. One day we will not have fans like you anymore. One day the SOJF will be a thing of the past, just as every other team who builds a winning culture eventually loses these types of fans.

Im an looking forward to it. NExt season there you will be pretending you weren't such a grouch and knew Rodgers and Douglas were great all along.

Well said my friend!!!

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Despite the repeated claims by many that the jets are being “overhyped,” I have seen very few people actually picking them to win a SB.

Yeah the rhetoric around the Jets is mainly media types being "skeptical of the Super Bowl hype" even though nobody is actually picking them to make the Super Bowl.

Who has even picked them to win the AFC East?

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Yeah the rhetoric around the Jets is mainly media types being "skeptical of the Super Bowl hype" even though nobody is actually picking them to make the Super Bowl.

7th in SB betting odds.  Those are people putting their money on the line.  

3 hours ago, Facts said:

And it's not so much the Jets fault, as it is the insane expectations that some of you have.

These are some of the comments I have read this past week:

"Best RB room in the NFL"

"Best D-line in the NFL"

"Best CB's in the NFL"

"Best roster in Jet's history"

Lots of insane comments.

We were 7-10 last season and lost 6 games in a row. 

Coach: The same terrible rah-rah cliché BS coach we had last year.

QB: Aaron Rodgers is a Hall-Of-Famer and has brought respectability back to this franchise. For that, I thank him. I also think him for his leadership and his willingness to remove $30M+ from our books. However, he is also going to be turning 40 years old in a few months and one AFC Scout said in an interview with ESPN, "I think everyone is afraid to say he's declined a little". He also has to rely on an o-line that looks like dog crap (more on that below).

RB: Quite frankly I don't care about RB's. This isn't the 70's and 80's anymore. The best offenses run very little. Don't get confused by total rush attempts - you must remove QB rushes. For example, the best offenses in the NFL - Kansas City, Buffalo, Cincinnati, etc are all in the bottom 10 of rush play percentage. They literally only run the ball to give the WR's a break and keep the defense honest.

WR: Our starting WR's are the same exact as last years 7-10 team outside of Lazard whose best season ever was 60 receptions. Honestly I think this group is fine but it's certainly not a high-end group.

OL: Here is where the entire offense falls apart. The o-line sucks. I saw one tweet that said during training camp "if (defenders) could hit the quarterback, most drives would be "ending with sacks".

Defense: Great. But same defense we had with our 7-10 record last year. 

I predict either 9-8 or 10-7 which will massively disappoint some of you who think this is some sort of super roster. With any luck we will get a coach next season that cares more about winning that making t-shirt worthy quotes.

Jets were 7-10 with worst qb in nfl history. Now we are adding Aaron rodgers. Go put your head in sand homer ha

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Strange thing about last season is that everybody acted like Hall and AVT going down was the death knell.  They still were okay for a bit.  The two things that seemed to change were the stacked box which presumably came from poor QB play (aka Wilson).  The one thing that isn't talked about is the return of Fant.  Fant was kind of a darling in 2021.  He stepped in at LT seemed to play well and seemed to get a bunch of respect from his teammates.  Well, last year he played the 1st 3 and they kind of sucked - even in the miracle comeback against the Browns.  When Fant went down they rolled AVT out and started Herbig against Pittsurgh, which is when the good run started.  Then Brown came back and they continued rolling along.  Even after AVT and Hall went down, the O was good against the Bills, and Bears.  Fant came back against the Vikings and the O was oaky under White, but could never punch it in.  They, particularly the run game, sucked the rest of the way.  Fant is still on the street.  Maybe he is just that bad at run blocking.  How did he grade out? 

Fant played very well at left tackle, but only pedestrian at right tackle.  Duane Brown is an upgrade to Fant at left tackle, so, unless you want to throw him back at right tackle, where he is just okay, he should stay on the street.  I would much rather put Becton at right tackle, but Max Mitchell is younger and cheaper than Fant, and he is about the same as Fant.  On top of that, Are you sure about Fant being on the street?  I think he was signed recently.  Doesn't matter in any case.

I wish we still had Herbig.  To me, he was a player on the rise.

1 hour ago, Alka said:

Fant played very well at left tackle, but only pedestrian at right tackle.  Duane Brown is an upgrade to Fant at left tackle, so, unless you want to throw him back at right tackle, where he is just okay, he should stay on the street.  I would much rather put Becton at right tackle, but Max Mitchell is younger and cheaper than Fant, and he is about the same as Fant.  On top of that, Are you sure about Fant being on the street?  I think he was signed recently.  Doesn't matter in any case.

I wish we still had Herbig.  To me, he was a player on the rise.

I was actually going to back to edit that.  Fant signed with the Texans a couple of weeks ago.  I think he might be a sh*t run blocker.  I didn't want him back.  I actually liked the signing, but the entire point of my post was that I think the team suffered with him in there last year. 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Facts said:

Buffalo won 13 games last season and Miami beat us (without Tua) in the last game.

I say we go 3-3 in the division. 

Leaving out some important FACTS, such as :

Miami beat us with the corpse of Joe Flacco under center, while we beat them with Skylar Thompson taking snaps - it works both ways. 

We beat the bills with Zach Wilson and then played them very tough with Mike white. 

27 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Exactly. I think I saw one of Colin cowherd’s underlings (don’t know his name) pick us to win the division. I’m sure there have been others, but he’s the ONLY one I can think of.  Every other person I have heard has Buffalo or Miami winning it.