Zach is THE Starter

Dunnie

3 minutes ago, win4ever said:

I'm going out on a ledge, and say the Cowboys game is going to be a different Zach Wilson.  I don't think it's going to be conservative because they have too many fast linebackers and rushers.  I expect a down the field attack, coupled with the running game.  It's the only way Wilson can play.  So I think they will take a couple of shots down the field early.  

If it succeeds, he'll have a good game.  If not, the traffic in here is going to be crazy with complaints.  I don't think they can go with the conservative game manager style with him because he doesn't have it in him.  It has to be a vertical offense, or garbage offense.  I think they take the shots down the field before they are down big to see if they can establish himself.  If he can hit those shots, I think people will be surprised by Wilson next week.  

But I was also up until 3 am last night because the let down was so big, that I just couldn't even sleep.  

I wish this were true ... i dont think Zach will have ANY TIME AT ALL ... I think its 3 steps 1st read. Play calling will be Run, Run, Run, Punt.  Pass, Run, Run , Punt.

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I predict that the Cowboys upcoming game is the last time we’ll see Zach Wilson throw a pass for the New York Jets organization.

Recording Your Prediction Sir …. and I predict if he survives this game .. a BIG IF I might add,....  that he will start at least 4 or 5 more games dependent on his performance. ... if not about 200 more.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Dunnie said:

I wish this were true ... i dont think Zach will have ANY TIME AT ALL ... I think its 3 steps 1st read. Play calling will be Run, Run, Run, Punt.  Pass, Run, Run , Punt.

I think part of the reason why they don't have any time at all is because of the focus on short passes and quick hits.  They are gonna have to move the safeties back.  One of the improvements I saw from Wilson in the pre-season was his touch on deep passes from the pocket.  They weren't all lasers.  I expect the Cowboys to come out in single high and crowd the line, and they have to try to get those outside release routes going.  Even if it's evenly matched, have to hope Wilson or Lazard could actually win a 50/50 ball.  

This was the biggest issue I had with MLF as well, there wasn't progression in setting up plays.  That's the only hope I see in Wilson actually being decent.  

There was a throw to Diggs on that last FG drive where Reed gets completely turned around.  It's because Allen loves to take deep shots (even with INTs), which caused Reed to flip his hips, and led to an easy catch.  In OT, they went far more conservative and Reed didn't flip his hips, and covered Diggs on the pass before the punt return.  While the results sucked, part of the reason the Bills go good on offense with a flawed QB is because they attack all sides of the field, whereas we seem to attack at the 5 yard mark.  

I think they change it up because "I hope we can manage the game" Wilson isn't managing anything.  He's too mistake prone in crowded areas, he needs the defenders to back off.  

I hope this is what they do, lol. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I predict a blockbuster trade and Kirk Cousins will be starting in 2 weeks. 

Come back to reality. Playoff teams don't trade away their starting QB mid-season, especially when the trade would require them to elevate their backup or take ZW as a starter. If you think MIN is crazy enough to elevate their backup, then you might as well advocate for making the easier trade for the backup and make him the Jets starter.

34 minutes ago, win4ever said:

I'm going out on a ledge, and say the Cowboys game is going to be a different Zach Wilson.  I don't think it's going to be conservative because they have too many fast linebackers and rushers.  I expect a down the field attack, coupled with the running game.  It's the only way Wilson can play.  So I think they will take a couple of shots down the field early.  

If it succeeds, he'll have a good game.  If not, the traffic in here is going to be crazy with complaints.  I don't think they can go with the conservative game manager style with him because he doesn't have it in him.  It has to be a vertical offense, or garbage offense.  I think they take the shots down the field before they are down big to see if they can establish himself.  If he can hit those shots, I think people will be surprised by Wilson next week.  

But I was also up until 3 am last night because the let down was so big, that I just couldn't even sleep.  

I think it'll be dink/dunk. That's it.

44 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I predict that the Cowboys upcoming game is the last time we’ll see Zach Wilson throw a pass for the New York Jets organization.

How would this even be possible? You're saying we pull of a huge trade for a starter in the next two weeks? Who would that even be that they are good enough to get here and start week 3? Explain your prediction...

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Fast forward to Monday, September 18th, 5:06pm, when Woody Johnson holds a press conference to announce that they are finally giving into pressure from that one dude and officially changing the team name to the "New Jersey Jets sponsored by Jet Blue© ".

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

Wilson can’t read a defense. Which in turn will make the o line look worse than it is. It will be an ultra conservative game plan with the hopes that we can win with D and running game. 

Yup and our defense will shut them down also. I see a low scoring ugly 13-10 game. 

8 minutes ago, Dcronin said:

How would this even be possible? You're saying we pull of a huge trade for a starter in the next two weeks? Who would that even be that they are good enough to get here and start week 3? Explain your prediction...

Zach for two and a half quarters vs the Cowboys, then Boyle, then Wentz or whoever it is they bring in. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I predicted after JD numbskulled the backup QB situation that if Rodgers misses time, Zach would get six quarters as “starter” before getting hooked. Probably need to amend that slightly since Rodgers went down within 2 minutes, but I still feel quite comfortable with the gist of the prediction. 

26 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

Wilson can’t read a defense. Which in turn will make the o line look worse than it is. It will be an ultra conservative game plan with the hopes that we can win with D and running game. 

That is like saying a fly landing on an elephant will make it appear heavier than it is. Or that a dust mote will make the air appear denser than it is.

Edited by Dunnie

2 hours ago, EM31 said:

if we could pick up even an average NFL QB then Wilson would be out as the starter in a heartbeat.  Problem is finding one.  Maybe Foles.

The other question is, does JD really want to find that average qb ? Or does he want to sign a Flacco like last yr just so we don’t have a viable option when Zach implodes.

53 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

This staff benched him for Chris Streveler last year. I assure you they don’t believe in him as much as some assume. 

This. There is no way they aren't frantically moving to figure out what to do. Zach came into this season with the only hope of a future is to take a couple of years behind Rodgers, totally reset, be the clueless kid he looks like, and restart the long process of possibly becoming an NFL QB. I like Zach, but he has no chance now. We've got too good a team to not figure out a cogent solution fast.