50 years of futility...I'm done with the NYJ

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan_always said:

I am switching my allegience to a team that is consistency intelligently managed, has drafted well over the decades, and has had a ton of players I've really liked.  I guess its kind of ironic the account name I picked, since I will no longer be a fan of the team.

Tom Hardy Bait GIF

• Haha 3

Just now, Rangers1 said:

Goodbye

you shall return, because you can’t help but root for the Jets. It’s in your blood.

In the past that worked, but after last night's fiasco and the realization ZW is a total bust, I just can't deal with this team any more. It's like the Knicks, as long as Dolan is owner they will NEVER win a championship, and I've endured enough preventable disasters by this team.  Oh I forgot to mention some others, like the Peyton Manning scenario, and the team going 10-1 in 1986 and then losing 6 straight games, or losing 45-3 on MNF, and losing 38-3 on MNF, and being unable to give away my season ticket games for entire seasons because they sucked so bad.  I've paid my dues, and even my brother, who also grew up a fan and split the season tix with me, asked why I still rooted for them if they frustrated me so much?

I took my 3 NYJ hats, two jerseys, three t-shirts, 2 mini helmets, and signed footballs, and threw them in the garbage this morning.  

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Rangers1 said:

Just think it could be worse.

how many superbowls have the Bills won, how many have the browns an lions been to

oh and the mighty Dolphins won their last one 50 years ago. 
I for one hate these last 54 years on futility but just can’t stop rooting

LOL a friend from BUF mentioned that to me today and simply said: "did you lose FOUR superbowls in a row? No, then you don't know frustration"

That is true but those other teams have been much more competitive, and not lost as consistently from self-inflicted wounds. The Jets could have hired the monkey that the WSJ was using to pick stocks for years to throw a dart at a list of draftee names and gotten better results than this franchise.

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, JetFreak89 said:

Hate to break it to you but the entire rest of the post also falls under this category. By the way, this isn't an airport. No need to announce your departure. 

I could have, like most people do, just said "screw this team!" and stopped following the team and no one would have really noticed or cared, but a tiny part of me is hoping SOMEONE from the organization is reading these and other forums, and seeing that their fanbase is declining, and why. Perhaps its a futile gesture, but a cathartic one for me - a likely equivalent to standing outside the stadium at 3am and screaming "FU Woody!" 

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

24 minutes ago, Jetsfan_always said:

Einstein said insanity is repeating the same task repeatedly and expecting different results. That is a pure description of the NYJ and its management.

Watching last night's game I even said to my wife when it started: "I hope we don't see another Testaverde situation", as we were watching that game in 1999 live and saw the team's SB hopes go down the drain with an over-the-hill QB getting injured, down for the season. Sure enough - it happened again.

The NYJ should never have been in this situation, they have wasted so many top-5 picks in the last 5-7 years on bad choices, especially at QB. That AR got injured was just a deserved kick in the face to the owner, who is a clueless tool, and the rest of his management team.

After enduring this garbage for over 50 years, from the Marino fake spike, picking O'Brien over Marino in the draft, losing to CLE in 1987 after being up 20-10 with 4 min left, Marvin Jones fiasco, Mud Bowl fiasco, and so many other really frustrating, crushing events tied to this team, I am now announcing to the World (who of course does not care, but I need to get it off my chest) that I am no longer following the team or a fan of it.

Following a pro sports team is meant to bring excitement and joy, and outside one or two years in the past 40, it has just been an unbearable ride for too many seasons. Did I mention Rich Kotite?

As one gets older, they realize that there is more road behind than ahead, and I'd rather spend my last few years on this earth rooting for a team that is not so badly run, and move on. I hope things eventually turn around for the team, I really do, and I admire those of you who have been fans as long as I have and are still willing to stick with them - I just can't. If they do someday win a title, it'll be that much sweeter for a team that has been a league doormat for a long, long time.

I am switching my allegience to a team that is consistency intelligently managed, has drafted well over the decades, and has had a ton of players I've really liked.  I guess its kind of ironic the account name I picked, since I will no longer be a fan of the team.

Which team I will be giving my support for moving forward doesn't matter from your perspective, I just have too many other frustrating things going on in my life to absorb this BS from the NYJ any longer. They are literally the WAS Generals of the NFL. Good luck to all of you.

Righttttttttt …. See you back here next week

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan_always said:

In the past that worked, but after last night's fiasco and the realization ZW is a total bust, I just can't deal with this team any more. It's like the Knicks, as long as Dolan is owner they will NEVER win a championship, and I've endured enough preventable disasters by this team.  Oh I forgot to mention some others, like the Peyton Manning scenario, and the team going 10-1 in 1986 and then losing 6 straight games, or losing 45-3 on MNF, and losing 38-3 on MNF, and being unable to give away my season ticket games for entire seasons because they sucked so bad.  I've paid my dues, and even my brother, who also grew up a fan and split the season tix with me, asked why I still rooted for them if they frustrated me so much?

I took my 3 NYJ hats, two jerseys, three t-shirts, 2 mini helmets, and signed footballs, and threw them in the garbage this morning.  

I can’t really fault you for feeling this way and I have lived through all of this also for 63 years

though you left out Namath getting hurt chasing down a linebacker interception return in a preseason game, Pennington getting hurt in a preseason game. And all the other bs that has gone on

i just can’t help my self in loving the Jets

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Rangers1 said:

I can’t really fault you for feeling this way and I have lived through all of this also for 63 years

though you left out Namath getting hurt chasing down a linebacker interception return in a preseason game, Pennington getting hurt in a preseason game. And all the other bs that has gone on

i just can’t help my self in loving the Jets

Like I said above, I admire your loyalty and steadfastness to stay with them, I'm just burned out from the relentless, constant stupid team decisions that put them in these losing positions.  Good luck to you, I hope they win a title for the long-time fans that stuck around like you, who deserve it. 

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan_always said:

Einstein said insanity is repeating the same task repeatedly and expecting different results. That is a pure description of the NYJ and its management.

Watching last night's game I even said to my wife when it started: "I hope we don't see another Testaverde situation", as we were watching that game in 1999 live and saw the team's SB hopes go down the drain with an over-the-hill QB getting injured, down for the season. Sure enough - it happened again.

The NYJ should never have been in this situation, they have wasted so many top-5 picks in the last 5-7 years on bad choices, especially at QB. That AR got injured was just a deserved kick in the face to the owner, who is a clueless tool, and the rest of his management team.

After enduring this garbage for over 50 years, from the Marino fake spike, picking O'Brien over Marino in the draft, losing to CLE in 1987 after being up 20-10 with 4 min left, Marvin Jones fiasco, Mud Bowl fiasco, and so many other really frustrating, crushing events tied to this team, I am now announcing to the World (who of course does not care, but I need to get it off my chest) that I am no longer following the team or a fan of it.

Following a pro sports team is meant to bring excitement and joy, and outside one or two years in the past 40, it has just been an unbearable ride for too many seasons. Did I mention Rich Kotite?

As one gets older, they realize that there is more road behind than ahead, and I'd rather spend my last few years on this earth rooting for a team that is not so badly run, and move on. I hope things eventually turn around for the team, I really do, and I admire those of you who have been fans as long as I have and are still willing to stick with them - I just can't. If they do someday win a title, it'll be that much sweeter for a team that has been a league doormat for a long, long time.

Which team I will be giving my support for moving forward doesn't matter from your perspective, I just have too many other frustrating things going on in my life to absorb this BS from the NYJ any longer. They are literally the WAS Generals of the NFL. Good luck to all of you.

Didn't read. We don't care. Get lost.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan_always said:

If you’ve already made up your mind to ditch the Jets, I would recommend rooting for the 9ers bro

You are right about one thing: good organizations win, good ecosystems win 

It’s always about more than the QB, HC or any one specific thing 

• Upvote 1

Jets_Always .... not.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Jetsfan_always said:

Watching last night's game I even said to my wife when it started: "I hope we don't see another Testaverde situation",

Aha so it’s your fault for reminding the football gods. You should never have said that you jinx 

See you next season!

• Haha 3

LOL a friend from BUF mentioned that to me today and simply said: "did you lose FOUR superbowls in a row? No, then you don't know frustration"

That is true but those other teams have been much more competitive, and not lost as consistently from self-inflicted wounds. The Jets could have hired the monkey that the WSJ was using to pick stocks for years to throw a dart at a list of draftee names and gotten better results than this franchise.

"Boy, I Love Losing Superbowls" (and yes I know "Super Bowl" is 2 words but it's just too perfect this way)

• Upvote 1