NY Jets vs Dallas Cowboys - Week 2 : The Official Game Thread

Maxman

7 minutes ago, Greg555 said:

Some fans still focusing on ZW.   It’s a strange obsession.

He didn’t play well overall..but Boys had the ball the whole game. - well over double the time.   Run game ..offensive line - defensive unit..get more of the blame in my book. 

team loss..both sides of the ball…but especially due to a defense that’s supposed to be top 5?  N=t today.

42:15 to 17:45

10 minutes ago, Greg555 said:

Some fans still focusing on ZW.   It’s a strange obsession.

He didn’t play well overall..but Boys had the ball the whole game. - well over double the time.   Run game ..offensive line - defensive unit..get more of the blame in my book. 

team loss..both sides of the ball…but especially due to a defense that’s supposed to be top 5?  N=t today.

It’s because not having a real QB severely impacts what opposing defenses are able to get away with.

They can stack the box, but ZW can’t make them pay.

Not having a QB changes everything.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Yeah. It was McDonald not playing that lost us the game. 24, 25, 26, and 27, btw. Get it right. 

Did anyone say he was?

What I did say ( before the game btw) was that it’s not good that our 1st and 2nd round picks can’t take a snap when we’re so thin at WR and weak at OL.
If I remember correctly you applauded JD (repeatedly) for thinking long term and taking McDuck..

1 minute ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

It’s because not having a real QB severely impacts what opposing defenses are able to get away with.

They can stack the box, but ZW can’t make them pay.

Not having a QB changes everything.

The running backs got 10 touches today. Breece Hall had 4. That's pathetic. Coaching and game planning were a major fail today. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Green Ghost said:

Did anyone say he was?

What I did say ( before the game btw) was that it’s not good that our 1st and 2nd round picks can’t take a snap when we’re so thin at WR and weak at OL.
If I remember correctly you applauded JD for thinkinking long term and taking McDuck..

Who were the Jets drafting for OL? Do you think that a better WR would have made a difference?

9 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

The game was all but over when he threw the 1st pick. They were down by 17 in the 4th quarter, the way the D was playing, it was like they were down by 100.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

For years we heard so often how the Jets' terrible QBs really "showed something" when they finally started putting up some numbers during garbage time of games.  However, given Wilson is too terrible to do even that, we now get to hear the narrative of how it's actually a good thing that he gets progressively worse as the game goes on?

There sure is a whole lot of mental gymnastics that goes into pretending Wilson doesn't simply outright suck.

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Rangers1 said:

Do we have anyone better than Brown for the OL, he absolutely absolutely killed us today.

*Checks roster*

No.

Best case scenario, Becton plays well enough for a few weeks that they trust him enough to move back to LT and plug Billy Turner in at RT, who I think is our next best option. I know AVT can move to tackle in a pinch, but would only do that in an emergency, or if we were strong and had solid depth in the interior.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

For years we heard so often how the Jets' terrible QBs really "showed something" when they finally started putting up some numbers during garbage time of games.  However, given Wilson is too terrible to do even that, we now get to hear the narrative of how it's actually a good thing that he gets progressively worse as the game goes on?

There sure is a whole lot of mental gymnastics that goes into pretending Wilson doesn't simply outright suck.

Zach throwing those late game interceptions just shows how hard he is trying and how much he wants to win and you have to give him credit for that he's such a nice kid like Rudy you can't help but root for him

18 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Who were the Jets drafting for OL? Do you think that a better WR would have made a difference?

I’m not sure what it is (other than TC tweets) that has you so in love with the Jets taking McDonald. How can you not be disappointed with him not even dressing for the game?
Any first round pick good enough to be activated on game day would have made a difference as opposed to who we have.

• Upvote 1

I get that these are nice gestures, but what are we doing here? The dude has pocketed $30 million dollars and has been one of the worst players at his position in the history of the sport. Why does the whole organization treat him like a charity case? They wouldn’t do this for any other bust player at another position. Christ.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I get that these are nice gestures, but what are we doing here? The dude has pocketed $30 million dollars and has been one of the worst players at his position in the history of the sport. Why does the whole organization treat him like a charity case? They wouldn’t do this for any other bust player at another position. Christ.

Change of tune is coming soon!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

55 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The oline wasn't good today.

My argument the entire time about the oline was that it was fine with Aaron Rodgers because he gets rid of the ball quickly and knows how to adjust protections. Teams will play us differently with Zach Wilson at QB and he won't get rid of it on time a lot.

Ironically Rodgers was injured because he held the ball too long.

As for today, I'd have to go back and watch paying attention to oline but I was floored by what seemed like a complete lack of game planning for Micah Parsons. Where were the chips from TEs and/or RBs? It was like a free for all with him constantly getting a 1 on 1.

I don't know how many linemen in the league can lock him down with any sort of consistency 1 on 1 but I'd guess not many. Seemed like a stupid game plan to me.

Also, we ran the ball right twice today. 2 FN times we ran behind avt/Becton. This is stupid.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, TBJ said:

Change of tune is coming soon!

There was one point early in the game where it looked like GW was going to lose it. Oh yea it was on 3rd and something, Zach rolled to the right and threw way off the mark on the run to GW. HE just stopped and had a moment.  More to come.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

*Checks roster*

No.

Best case scenario, Becton plays well enough for a few weeks that they trust him enough to move back to LT and plug Billy Turner in at RT, who I think is our next best option. I know AVT can move to tackle in a pinch, but would only do that in an emergency, or if we were strong and had solid depth in the interior.

Unfortunately, Becton has looked like crap too, just tending to get beat slightly less quickly against opposition's 2nd best rushers.  AVT hasn't even started off so hot, but there's at least reason to believe he'll be fine, and I agree with simply keeping him where he is, unless they feel he's better served moving back to his original LG position and have someone else capable of stepping in at RG.

Other than that though, it's a mess from top to bottom.  Pretty much the only hope is Tippmann can get his sh*t together ASAP, and that be the start of putting a variety of other players into positions where they might be slightly less terrible.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I’m not sure what it is (other than TC tweets) that has you so in love with the Jets taking McDonald. How can you not be disappointed with him not even dressing for the game?
Any first round pick good enough to be activated on game day would have made a difference as opposed to who we have.

Was McDuck watching from a nearby pond? 

38 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The players know he is a headcase that cant handle the game mentally and are doing their best to give him confidence because their entire seasons rests on him thanks to the GM.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

41 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He's their starting QB who was forced into action.  They're trying to encourage him because they know they need him.