Cimini: Locker room is grumbling about Wilson, team is close to imploding

T0mShane

2 hours ago, Asymmetrical said:

an NFL team should win a game where they give up 13 points 100/100 times. This is crazy pills stuff

3 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

13 points.  The first 5 drives the offense had one that lasted more than two minutes.  You think that doesn't wear a team out?  You think you get opportunities for sacks and turnovers against a Bill Belichick team that is not even remotely afraid that you will score?  People maybe blind, but the defense is not.  

The weather held them to 13 pts. Not our defense.

27 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

The Patriots weren't loading the box, daring Zach to throw? Really? Hmm.

I guess the analysts, film, commentators, and people at the game are all lying to me...

28 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

The Patriots weren't loading the box, daring Zach to throw? Really? Hmm.

I guess the analysts, film, commentators, and people at the game are all lying to me...

The defenses were loading the box on 1st down or in 2nd/3rd and short situations (very few). That's pretty standard across the NFL. It was mostly press man across the board with an extra LB or S up front, with disguised rushes of 4 or 5 guys (i.e. they would drop a DE and rush a LB/S/CB) in clear passing situations. Patriots do this to everyone, but we played into it on a number of occasions. There were plenty of 2nd and long situations where the defense played honest but we still couldn't generate more than 2 or 3 yards on the ground. Even if they were loading the box- its not an excuse to only generate 36 yards on 20 carries. When you consider that we've been in 12 personnel in +30% of our snaps, that becomes alarming when you consider its supposed to be the strength of our roster. 

I do think it will get better. Last year we were ineffective on the ground for the first 4 weeks. Once the OL got in a rhythm and they took the training wheels off of Breece, the running game went nuts. I expect the same this year but problem is we're under the spotlight and tensions in the fanbase have hit a fever pitch entering week 4 in a primetime game against the Chiefs.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, oatmeal said:

God no 

Hopefully the noice will be too loud for them to pull that crap, I’m telling you bringing back this clown show will be yet another wasted season 

Why?? because the real reason we are terrible "ZW" will finally be gone? Makes little sense.

Would any team have drafted this QB #2 overall?

If COVID had never happened, this is the kind of production we are talking about.

Zach was an embarrassing reach.  He's a bust.

It shouldn't be that hard to fathom.

Continuing to throw him out there with the fanbase growing more and more irate is only going to hammer the final nails into his coffin.

Acceptance and honest problem identification is the first step towards recovery.

image.thumb.png.cce2c5bc0593f0bc9cbd0afc9fb4f5a7.png

• Upvote 2
  • Ugh 1

58 minutes ago, football guy said:

The defenses were loading the box on 1st down or in 2nd/3rd and short situations (very few). That's pretty standard across the NFL. It was mostly press man across the board with an extra LB or S up front, with disguised rushes of 4 or 5 guys (i.e. they would drop a DE and rush a LB/S/CB) in clear passing situations. Patriots do this to everyone, but we played into it on a number of occasions. There were plenty of 2nd and long situations where the defense played honest but we still couldn't generate more than 2 or 3 yards on the ground. Even if they were loading the box- its not an excuse to only generate 36 yards on 20 carries. When you consider that we've been in 12 personnel in +30% of our snaps, that becomes alarming when you consider its supposed to be the strength of our roster. 

I do think it will get better. Last year we were ineffective on the ground for the first 4 weeks. Once the OL got in a rhythm and they took the training wheels off of Breece, the running game went nuts. I expect the same this year but problem is we're under the spotlight and tensions in the fanbase have hit a fever pitch entering week 4 in a primetime game against the Chiefs.

Problem with this year is we were never supposed to have to watch Zach Wilson again … and now we are. 

• Post of the Week 2

1 hour ago, football guy said:

So, if the NFL had 25 game seasons, the Jets might achieve mediocrity? 

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, varjet said:
  • JD and Saleh are here for so long as AR8 is here.  The can play out their lame duck years in 2024 with AR8.  The Jets can then decide what to do with the three of them for 2025.   There will be a cap hit for Rodgers in 2025 if he retires-hopefully it does it in a cap friendly way.
  • The Jets completely reboot in 2025 or 2026.  Likely 2025.  The CS is gone and replaced with an offensive minded staff.  Ulbrich can stay.  Whether JD stays or not depends on what type of roster he gives Rodgers in 2025.   In 2025 we sign a Carr veteran QB type.  That is what I would have done in 2023.  

Some good points but I don't understand this one.  What makes you think that Saleh is safe as long as Rodgers is here?  Was there some connection between these two prior to the Jets?  As food chains go, last year's disaster fed LaFleur into the volcano.  This year's mess I can easily see Saleh being the next sacrificial lamb.  Do agree JD is probably safe altho he is really the architect behind the repeated OL mess and not having a backup plan in place for the possibility of Rodgers getting injured.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, football guy said:

Rex Ryan and Damien woody made a comment these Jets don't have a consistent play to hang their hat on 

Is it outside zone? Is it duo? Rex said on his teams they ran power 20x a game 

We know the offense has no motion because Rodgers makes the play call at the line essentially. 

It feels like the run game problem is less about the line (which isn't great) and more about these garbage system that Hackett and Keith Carter are running 

Mike LAfleur was a decent OC believe it or not 

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Dunnie said:

cmon ... no one want that ... guy is recovering from a devastating injury right now.

Of course I dont want that to happen. I’m just saying he’s 40 and the chances of him getting hurt again seem pretty good. If we head into next year fully depending on Rodgers, it wouldn’t be smart in my opinion. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

If we can get Kirk Cousins, I feel then, we better. Look, I've been a fan of this team too long and so have you guys, we all KNOW that just because a star is supposed to be a starting QB that MOST of the time, with this team it doesn't work out that way. Aaron Rodgers as the sure thing QB next year? I don't trust in a 40 year old UNTIL I see it. Get Cousins if we can, and KEEP him for the season. 

I guess the worry is, Will acquiring Kirk Cousins upset Rodgers. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

When you see it during a game. People arguing on the field and even getting in Zach's face. Then you know there's a big problem. And when the key player is Garrett Wilson. Then you have to make a decision as to who do you want on the team. And that decision is easy. 

It should have been easy last year

it should have been easy pre draft

we're going to suffer through this year and the next with Zach on this roster, because ownership wants it that way 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

When you see it during a game. People arguing on the field and even getting in Zach's face. Then you know there's a big problem. And when the key player is Garrett Wilson. Then you have to make a decision as to who do you want on the team. And that decision is easy. 

This is being way overblown. Last week in the Eagles game Hurts and Brown were going at it on the sidelines, It happens in all sports and with all teams. Its just that right now the blood is in the water and the fans and media are in a feeding frenzy . 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

It should have been easy last year

it should have been easy pre draft

we're going to suffer through this year and the next with Zach on this roster, because ownership wants it that way 

I can't criticize the org at the QB position this year after trading for Rodgers. They realized the problem with Zach and addressed it. They did the best they could getting Rodgers. There was no plan to start ZW this year maybe let him do some mop up work. Look they benched him last year and even deactivated him. I think he has one more start this season and that's it. 

6 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I can't criticize the org at the QB position this year after trading for Rodgers. 

I can

he was old and done last year 

everyone knew it but us

this wasn't some amazing plan that took time to organize

they made a retired man the highest paid player in team history and he lasted 4 plays 

they gave up 2 2nds and 75 mil in cap for 4 plays

and that deal, it's 7 years non voidable 

the Rodgers thing was a giant bust. the organization deserves criticism 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I can

everyone knew it but us

they made a retired man the highest paid player in team history and he lasted 4 plays 

Sad but true 

1 hour ago, peekskill68 said:

Some good points but I don't understand this one.  What makes you think that Saleh is safe as long as Rodgers is here?  Was there some connection between these two prior to the Jets?  As food chains go, last year's disaster fed LaFleur into the volcano.  This year's mess I can easily see Saleh being the next sacrificial lamb.  Do agree JD is probably safe altho he is really the architect behind the repeated OL mess and not having a backup plan in place for the possibility of Rodgers getting injured.

Because they’re keeping Hackett for Rodgers and Woody isn’t giving Hackett a HC contract. They’ll let Saleh play the 4th year of his 5 year deal.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Because they’re keeping Hackett for Rodgers and Woody isn’t giving Hackett a HC contract. They’ll let Saleh play the 4th year of his 5 year deal.

I thought about this and I'm not so sure.  Another losing season and Woody will have to make a sacrifice to keep the planes with banners grounded.  If Hackett is untouchable with Rodgers coming back, who's getting thrown into the volcano?  

2 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Would any team have drafted this QB #2 overall?

If COVID had never happened, this is the kind of production we are talking about.

Zach was an embarrassing reach.  He's a bust.

It shouldn't be that hard to fathom.

Continuing to throw him out there with the fanbase growing more and more irate is only going to hammer the final nails into his coffin.

Acceptance and honest problem identification is the first step towards recovery.

image.thumb.png.cce2c5bc0593f0bc9cbd0afc9fb4f5a7.png

his coffin is already nailed. he will never be on a NFL team again. cant even put him on a PS. 

only chance he has is to go to the CFL and hopefully start and play well. that might convince someone to give him one more shot.

right now he is the worst QB to ever play the game.

Patriots got the GOAT and we got the WOAT.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

I can

everyone knew it but us

yep, we are all going to regret this. we should have got Carr.

• Upvote 3