Rex Ryan - The Best Jets HC This Century...

jetswinbaby!

Think we missed a really good opportunity by not giving Westy a shot. Can you imagine what he would say about Zack’s play after last weeks Pat horror show. Reporter….Coach where is Zack Wilson have not seen him today ? …….Westy. “ I cut his a$$ in the parking lot, didn’t even want him in this building” !

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Beerfish said:

In reality rex underachieved.   His teams the first two 'great years' should never have been a take the long route and be wild card teams.   They should have won divisions and dictated things in the playoffs.  After those first years he positively sucked.

I will give him credit for being a very inventive aggressive D coach unlike the guys we have running the show now.

Imagine if mark sanchez was the qb they thought he’d be when they traded up for him ? Rex deserves an award for taking team to league championship games 2 years with hot garbage like sanchez as qb. Yes Zach is 1000 x worse so he makes sanchez look pretty good. Not sure there ever was a qb statistically worse than sanchez who made it as far as Jets. Definitely not two years in a row. MT sucked as a gm. Just like this dummy gm, didn’t put more resources into OL. That is what really kept the O going in 09,10

19 hours ago, jetswinbaby! said:

I hate to say it, but I miss Rex...

He is a much better HC than Saleh...

The Jets have been trying to fill his shoes for a decade...

I supported his firing, but he may have gotten a raw deal with Idzik, Tebow, etc...

He is available,,,

And just how would the Jets record be today if Rex was HC?   How?

Funny how some forget

According to Rich Cimini of the New York Daily News, Ryan will give Sanchez a code word before each passing play to let him know how cautious he needs to be. 

Described as a simple red-yellow-green system, the color codes will tell Sanchez he needs to be cautious (red) or aggressive (green) or somewhere in between (yellow) on each pass play.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/jets-play-red-light-green-light-with-sanchez

I came to this thread wanting to debase "Rex the Clown" as the best coach of  the 2000+ era.   Then a sinking feeling crept into my gut as i realized that there may be a sliver of truth to this ... Rex however ruined a foundation laid by Mangini and in the end turned out to be nothing more than an overweight cheerleader.

Still ... he may indeed be the best HC the Jets have had this century..... how ******* pitiful is that.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Funny how some forget

According to Rich Cimini of the New York Daily News, Ryan will give Sanchez a code word before each passing play to let him know how cautious he needs to be. 

Described as a simple red-yellow-green system, the color codes will tell Sanchez he needs to be cautious (red) or aggressive (green) or somewhere in between (yellow) on each pass play.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/jets-play-red-light-green-light-with-sanchez

We should do that in neon for Zach.

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Doug Marrone thinks he has a verbal agreement to come in and be the HC/GM, but Manish slimes the sh*t out of him in the NYDN daily, which scares Woody off.

Of all the stupid sh*t this franchise has done, this is still frankly shocking to me. Whatever you think about Marrone himself, it's just jaw-dropping that an NFL owner would allow this to happen.

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Of all the stupid sh*t this franchise has done, this is still frankly shocking to me. Whatever you think about Marrone himself, it's just jaw-dropping that an NFL owner would allow this to happen.

How about our current HC texting with Joe Benigno an hour after each of our previous 2 games?  Maybe that's not the same as an owner allowing himself to make his decisions based off Manish but it's still pretty bad.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Vader said:

Rex is the kid that peaked in 8th and 9th grade. 

Yup. He's the big kid who was 6 feet in 9th grade and played center on the basketball team because he was bigger than everybody. When he topped out at 6'2", he couldn't even make the team  because he was not athletic and couldn't just shoot over everybody anymore.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Mangini so good 32 nfl teams won’t go anywhere near him.  He didn’t just suck here btw he also flopped with the browns and 49ers

The same applies to Ryan. After his collapse with the Jets and his failure in Buffalo, none of the  32 teams will touch him going on 8-9 years now.  Not even as a DC.  What does that tell you?

On 9/30/2023 at 10:35 AM, Dunnie said:

I came to this thread wanting to debase "Rex the Clown" as the best coach of  the 2000+ era.   Then a sinking feeling crept into my gut as i realized that there may be a sliver of truth to this ... Rex however ruined a foundation laid by Mangini and in the end turned out to be nothing more than an overweight cheerleader.

Still ... he may indeed be the best HC the Jets have had this century..... how ******* pitiful is that.

He came to the team at the right time. The team had mostly young players entering their prime or vets that still were at the tail end of theirs.

He gave them the attitude and confidence to win, but ultimately it wasn’t enough.

He never would have been successful in a rebuild situation or any kind of player development.

• Upvote 2

Rex got the team to the AFCCG twice which puts him on a short list of Jets coaches. He also did it with the worst QB of any coach to make it that far. He deserves an enormous amount of credit for that, as any coach would. After those years the roster fell apart--which he was partially responsible for--and the rest of the league figured him out and he couldn't adjust. It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. 

If he tried to come back, he wouldn't have any kind of relationship to build up a good coaching staff and he'd fall right back into the same predictable scheme and destroy the roster with his poor evaluations and wanting to load up the defense only.

I really wonder about this team this century.  True we had jag QBs for the most part but I'm  starting to think it's more on the FO and CS than the players.  I exclude JD because other than missing on the QB draft he's put together a pretty good roster. 

I put AR8 on Woody more than JD.  I'm pretty sure JD would have gone another way if he had the chance.  All these AR8 hangers on to get the deal done are the case in point.  They are subtraction by addition.  JD also missed on Cook so wtf JD.  

Geez, rereading this all I can say is end of rant.  Go Jets! :) 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, BP said:

Greatest head coach lmao this is how sad this franchise is. And some continue to go Gaga over losing in the afc championship game TWO YEARS IN A ROW!! WHAT AN ACCOMPLISHMENT!!! Two teams do it every year.

Rex did very well with a very bad qb. Saleh can’t say that. But to Saleh credit, as bad as sanchez was, zach is 1000 times worse..

• Sympathy 1