Rex Ryan - The Best Jets HC This Century...

jetswinbaby!

In reality rex underachieved.   His teams the first two 'great years' should never have been a take the long route and be wild card teams.   They should have won divisions and dictated things in the playoffs.  After those first years he positively sucked.

I will give him credit for being a very inventive aggressive D coach unlike the guys we have running the show now.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

In reality rex underachieved.   His teams the first two 'great years' should never have been a take the long route and be wild card teams.   They should have won divisions and dictated things in the playoffs.  After those first years he positively sucked.

I will give him credit for being a very inventive aggressive D coach unlike the guys we have running the show now.

Agree with the exception of 2010. The team went 11-5 and had the fifth best record in the NFL that year. They lost the division to NE who won 14 games that season with the best record in the league.

1 minute ago, rex-n-effect said:

Agree with the exception of 2010. The team went 11-5 and had the fifth best record in the NFL that year. They lost the division to NE who won 14 games that season with the best record in the league.

True enough but those two years they frittered away a lot of games.   In large part due to the mistake of getting a rookie QB in Sanchez.  If ever a team would have been better suited to a vet game manager it was those teams.  In any case it is sad we have to hold up those years as the beacon of coaching for this franchise over the past 20 plus years

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

It's like the mouth breathers who hate him haven't been watching the Jets since he left.

I don't hate him. I actually LOVED Rex when he was here and was devastated he didn't work out. But listen, he coached here 6 years. The last 4 were non-winning, non-playoff years. The roster deteriorated under his watch. You can argue it went from top 5 to bottom 5. There are good reasons he was fired. It's not because people didn't like him. It's because he had some glaring weaknesses as a head coach that ultimately became fatal. 

And if you don't believe me, ask Bills fans what they think of Rex. He went there and laid a huge egg, ruining their top 3 defense in the process. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

49 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

@Smizzy BAN THIS MAN

I was thinking the replacement JN Captain. Just to make it clear that you don't get to pick anymore. Or vote. Or opine. 

Also considering the idea that the JN Captain title be changed to the more kingly JN Rex. Because I know you will hate it. But you can be the JN Rex of the Week, from time to time. Because I know you will hate that, too, and as a moderator I am randomly spiteful for no good reason. 

Your turn.

:D

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I don't hate him. I actually LOVED Rex when he was here and was devastated he didn't work out. But listen, he coached here 6 years. The last 4 were non-winning, non-playoff years. The roster deteriorated under his watch. You can argue it went from top 5 to bottom 5. There are good reasons he was fired. It's not because people didn't like him. It's because he had some glaring weaknesses as a head coach that ultimately became fatal. 

And if you don't believe me, ask Bills fans what they think of Rex. He went there and laid a huge egg, ruining their top 3 defense in the process. 

We had weak GMs who gave Rex too much say in the draft and roster makeup.  Let Rex run the roster and NOTHING else.  I'm losing respect for Saleh, slowly and steadily.     

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I was thinking the replacement JN Captain. Just to make it clear that you don't get to pick anymore. Or vote. Or opine. 

Also considering the idea that the JN Captain title be changed to the more kingly JN Rex. Because I know you will hate it. But you can be the JN Rex of the Week, from time to time. Because I know you will hate that, too, and as a moderator I am randomly spiteful for no good reason. 

Your turn.

You and @Maxman like to try and subvert the authority wielded by The Committee but alas you cannot. None of your coup attempts will work, and no man named as your false Captain will stand before us. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, jetswinbaby! said:

I hate to say it, but I miss Rex...

He is a much better HC than Saleh...

The Jets have been trying to fill his shoes for a decade...

I supported his firing, but he may have gotten a raw deal with Idzik, Tebow, etc...

He is available,,,

Rex woudl not win alot of games with zach. manybe more than saleh but not many more.

QB matter. I do not understand after all we have seen that they are will not bench wilson yet. Its crazy. We played streveler over this guy for gods sakes. 

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

The man won 4 playoff games on the road and with the crappy Mark Sanchez.  He even beat Bill Belichick.  He has to get at least SOME credit.

That being said, his last few years were awful plus we were a total clown show.  We can't go back to him.  If we're going to go back to a previous HC, Eric Mangini is the guy we should target.

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Your turn.

King Ugly 

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

if they had an average QB instead of Sancez, they would not have taken the long rout.

2 hours ago, jetswinbaby! said:

I hate to say it, but I miss Rex...

He is a much better HC than Saleh...

The Jets have been trying to fill his shoes for a decade...

I supported his firing, but he may have gotten a raw deal with Idzik, Tebow, etc...

He is available,,,

Agree 100 %.  Rex was an excellent coach.  He was and is a true Jet.  He's all Jet.

I had the most fun when Rex was the coach.  The payers did too.

Bring Back Rex !!!

One thing is for sure.  Rex would have his best cover CB on the opposing offense's best WR instead of sitting on his thumb.  You would also see a lot more pressure put on opposing QB's.  All those defensive lineman would be put to good use. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1