Jets vs Chiefs: Official Game Thread, Anything is Possible!!!

Maxman

Ok, pump the brakes. Yes,  Zach looked like an NFL QB today. I would say some of those drives were possibly the best I have ever seen him engineer but this is still one game. He has to do this for the better part of this season. I still don't  see this team winning more than 5 or 6 games until he puts multiple games together like this. Let's  see how the next 2 games go before crowning him the king of NY
Absolutely agree, but there is FINALLY something you can say we might be able to build on...

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Ok, pump the brakes. Yes,  Zach looked like an NFL QB today. I would say some of those drives were possibly the best I have ever seen him engineer but this is still one game. He has to do this for the better part of this season. I still don't  see this team winning more than 5 or 6 games until he puts multiple games together like this. Let's  see how the next 2 games go before crowning him the king of NY

2 hours ago, thebuzzardman said:

The Jets are a crappy team with a bad coach and teams like that always find a way to lose, so they did. 

F*ck all this "silver lining" mess. 

The team sucks. They aren't winning 10 games or going on some magical streak. They'll win maybe 5 games. Whatever the # is that f*cks up the pick. 

Somewhere between these 2 posts is the truth. We were in the game Because 3 turnovers.  The D was flat almost the entire 1st half.   BUT, we saw what could be possible but as we have said for years…..   maybe next year BUT Joe D’S  free agent additions are marginal.  Cook, Cobb etc…. Did our 1st rounder have any impact last night?????

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Did not have Micah Parsons and Chris Jones caping for Zach Wilson on my bingo card but alas.

Also, Rodney Harrison continues to be an embarrassment. If you’re going to be this antagonistic, at least be interesting, and he just isn’t.

WTF ? Haha 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Did not have Micah Parsons and Chris Jones caping for Zach Wilson on my bingo card but alas.

Also, Rodney Harrison continues to be an embarrassment. If you’re going to be this antagonistic, at least be interesting, and he just isn’t.

Considering everyone (including Joe Namath) has sh-t all over ZW, I guess we can't be too upset.  But it's crazy to me that we'll all rush to Nate Hackett's defense over a slight from Sean Payton but, with our own QB, many will probably laugh right along with it.

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Where is your cowbell? More cowbell, more.

19 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I came away from last night more encouraged by the coaching staff than I had been at any point prior, tbh. Down 17-0, getting nothing from the QB again, and with a patchwork OL, they had every excuse to go belly-up, but they pulled their sh*t together, suffocated another elite QB, and git Zach Wilson back on his feet. I thought Hackett did a lot of encouraging stuff, to boot. In the aggregate, the first quarter of the season ain’t all bad news. We beat the Bills, and should have beat the Pats and Chiefs if we got a little more from the QB spot. Encouraging stuff. 

Kinda cool that Zach played well enough, the coaching staff showed some adaptability and Aaron’s unconditional loving spirit in person were enough to make the Chiefs need the refs to beat us! 

• Upvote 3

19 hours ago, Rangers1 said:

Jets actually did dominate this game from the 2nd quarter on.

if they play like this for the rest of the season, who knows where this could lead.

maybe they play angry the rest of the way

Somehow the defense woke the heck up after getting used in the first quarter. I was scarred they were gonna drop 70 on us and then it just changed in a blink.  Throw in a little offense and it just kept accelerating. Bart Scott said it best on post game on SNY, Shame on the refs for taking the game into their hands and not giving the Jets the chance to pull this game out which they valiantly fought back.  

• Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I came away from last night more encouraged by the coaching staff than I had been at any point prior, tbh. Down 17-0, getting nothing from the QB again, and with a patchwork OL, they had every excuse to go belly-up, but they pulled their sh*t together, suffocated another elite QB, and git Zach Wilson back on his feet. I thought Hackett did a lot of encouraging stuff, to boot. In the aggregate, the first quarter of the season ain’t all bad news. We beat the Bills, and should have beat the Pats and Chiefs if we got a little more from the QB spot. Encouraging stuff. 

They also came back from being down 10-0 against the Bills after Rodgers went down. This team does have some balls. 

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

More fuel for the fire for Zach

• Haha 1

I'm sure this is a sentiment that's already been expressed by many of you but I'm going to say this anyway.

Really proud of the way our guys played last night. Media, fans (including myself) and even Joe Namath destroyed the team all week. They could have folded and gotten smoked by the defending champs last night and not one of us would have blinked. The Jets did not fold, rallying around each other playing with a ton of passion and if it weren't for the refs getting in the way we might've pulled it out. Sucks we got our hearts ripped out in the end but if they play like they did last night this team can win some games.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Praising everybody but Zach, I see.  Lol

"Great job by the defense giving up 17 quick points to start the game and then tightening up!"

11 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The world has officially turned upside down. 

• 2 weeks later...