Props to Wilson

Ghost

The ball bounced off of GW's arms and into Surtain's legs. Not a high % interception play. GW should catch this ball 9/10 times. There's an argument that this specific pass should not have been attempted at all though.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

People deeply underestimating how much time, energy, and how many wasted resources are going into propping Zach Wilson up right now. 

He’s not good but he’s better than last year or the year before. With this version you can win games, and i do think they would score more tds if they attacked the end zone instead of settling.  But still it feels like this is what we should have seen year 1 from him, and that you build off of this.  It’s taken 3 seasons to get to this point and you wonder if there’s anymore growth.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

People deeply underestimating how much time, energy, and how many wasted resources are going into propping Zach Wilson up right now. 

He's bad but pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee   Other than Garret Wilson our WR core stinks, we used our 1st round pick on a pass rusher who hardly plays, we are running a lot which we should be doing due to having breece hall.  The oc is still not very good.   The jets should have blown denver out this is obvious but propping up?

• Upvote 2
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Beerfish said:

He's bad but pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee   Other than Garret Wilson our WR core stinks, we used our 1st round pick on a pass rusher who hardly plays, we are running a lot which we should be doing due to having breece hall.  The oc is still not very good.   The jets should have blown denver out this is obvious but propping up?

They would score more if they attacked the end zone from the red zone.  They don’t, the hc is happy with 3 and thats why denver stayed in the game today.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

He’s not good but he’s better than last year or the year before. With this version you can win games, and i do think they would score more tds if they attacked the end zone instead of settling.  But still it feels like this is what we should have seen year 1 from him, and that you build off of this.  It’s taken 3 seasons to get to this point and you wonder if there’s anymore growth.

This is “growth” in the sense that he’s no longer running backwards at the snap. Everything else is still operating at an “intriguing sixth round flyer that you stash on the practice squad maybe” level. There is no positive upside. He’s bad-bad

• Upvote 3
  • More Ugh 1

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

You don’t know any of this until you get a functional QB in there. 

• Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is “growth” in the sense that he’s no longer running backwards at the snap. Everything else is still operating at an “intriguing sixth round flyer that you stash on the practice squad maybe” level. There is no positive upside. He’s bad-bad

He’s better than he was and that’s why they almost beat KC and why they’re able to win these ugly games.  He finally looks like the rookie i thought we were getting 2 yrs ago.  He’s a streaky passer who needs to be fed the ball like a 3 point gunner but the jets want to pound it with him and it limits his effectiveness.  He’s best when he’s playing like at the end of the half.  They would score more tds if they attacked the end zone more.  We may be seeing his upside now though. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You don’t know any of this until you get a functional QB in there. 

And that is not going to happen, it simply isn't unless wilson gets hurt and they are forced, or until next year.

I'd love to see us trade for a cousins but by now I know how our front office and coaching staff works.

By this time the venom should be hoisted on saleh and douglas.  We all know wilson is no good and is not going to magically get better.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

They would score more if they attacked the end zone from the red zone.  They don’t, the hc is happy with 3 and thats why denver stayed in the game today.  

Zach doesn’t pull the trigger. Combination of a few things, doesn’t see the field well, afraid to make a mistake and not able to read the coverage. The plays arent designed for the check down he is always taking. 

Zach’s been better, but still nowhere near what you want from QB1 on a contending team. 

• Upvote 4
  • WTF? 1

2 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Zach doesn’t pull the trigger. Combination of a few things, doesn’t see the field well, afraid to make a mistake and not able to read the coverage. The plays arent designed for the check down he is always taking. 

Zach’s been better, but still nowhere near what you want from QB1 on a contending team. 

I think they need to be more aggressive when they get inside the 20, i suppose wilson shares blame with the coaches.  There’s definite improvement.  But we may be seeing as good as it gets.  It’s not like we expect him to continue to develop where he becomes the next geno

I’m not sure what everyone who hated his game today wants / expects at this point. He was borderline out of the league bad….now he’s not and made some big plays when needed.

The crowd that is satisfied with today, I don’t think anyone feels that he has arrived and we’re set. Rodgers is coming back next year and probably in 2025. Let this kid use this year to build off of and continue to learn under his idol and we’ll see where we’re at.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

52 minutes ago, Ghost said:

• He did not play as good as he did last week but he played better than his usual self. I know that’s not saying much but with Breece Hall and our defense, we do not need to throw 3 touchdowns a game. 

• He made very important throws to Wilson and Conklin that kept the chains moving. 

• The INT was his fault. He should’ve been in a position where only Garrett Wilson can catch it. This is something he will learn from. I’m starting to slowly believe in this kid! 

Good because he never will. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Adoni Beast said:

I’m not sure what everyone who hated his game today wants / expects at this point. He was borderline out of the league bad….now he’s not and made some big plays when needed.

The crowd that is satisfied with today, I don’t think anyone feels that he has arrived and we’re set. Rodgers is coming back next year and probably in 2025. Let this kid use this year to build off of and continue to learn under his idol and we’ll see where we’re at.

Agreed.  While rodgers should return next year, will he even be ready to start the year?  And if so, how many games can he play anyway?  I think there’s still a chance that wilson doesn’t return and they draft a guy in the 3rd round to groom.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Every QB plays better at the end of the half when they’re operating a one-read offense against a defense playing in a prevent situation. We are again giving credit to Wilson for doing the barest of minimum things. 

He moved the ball well, again, he looks like i thought he would his rookie year.  Some good plays some bad.  He doesn’t look as frazzled.  The first quarter was also an OL disaster.  The team seems to suck in the first quarter and not be prepared.  

• Sympathy 2

11 minutes ago, FactsOnly said:

Mac Jones 12/22 110 0 TDs 2 INT 

0 points

remember when you casuals were screaming about how great this guy was so much better than Zach??

Cracking Up Lol GIF

Zac Wilson lost what amounts to a bum fight to Mac Jones. 

Today simply wasn't adequate. 

The Jets need to figure out another QB at the break. 

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1