Robert Saleh on Eisen's show

At its height, the Roman Empire stretched from the Atlantic Ocean all the way to the Euphrates River in the Middle East, but its grandeur may have also been its downfall. With such a vast territory to govern, the empire faced an administrative and logistical nightmare. Even with their excellent road systems, the Romans were unable to communicate quickly or effectively enough to manage their holdings.

• Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Or just not having a let down against the Giants 

one week at a time! 

man ... we better not drop that game for F's sake

or Raiders. Chargers and Bills and Dolphins I mean those are whatever. I think our D should be able to handle Chargers , but can't loose to the Giants or Raiders

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Arsis said:

At its height, the Roman Empire stretched from the Atlantic Ocean all the way to the Euphrates River in the Middle East, but its grandeur may have also been its downfall. With such a vast territory to govern, the empire faced an administrative and logistical nightmare. Even with their excellent road systems, the Romans were unable to communicate quickly or effectively enough to manage their holdings.

Thus, Byzantium....

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Stark said:

man ... we better not drop that game for F's sake

or Raiders. Chargers and Bills and Dolphins I mean those are whatever. I think our D should be able to handle Chargers , but can't loose to the Giants or Raiders

Historically, the Giants game is a game we have lost over and over again throughout the years. 

Hoping to see a really good performance coming out of the bye. Important for this team to not have a let down in that spot. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

I hear a different Saleh when speaking of Zach WIlson and Rodgers. He is like: "yeah, AR is hanging around between Cali and here, cheering up the guys" and rubbing off the questions about his return this year. Instead, he focused on the team and current and future QB of this team Zach WIlson, hence viewing him as the it factor for the team.  

Sleep well haters. 

23 minutes ago, Arsis said:

Guys guys. What do you think was the real reason the Roman empire fell?

Many reasons.  Generalized political corruption to start with. It is a simplification but you can say that their economic system was a bit like a Ponzi scheme. Burgeoning military costs.  Military personnel's dedication given to who could aggrandize them rather than loyalty to the state.  Frequent civil wars. Inability to control borders. I'd get an argument with the next comments, but I see two emperors that really messed up in ways that caused far reaching consequences. 1. Marcus Aurelius abandoned the "appointed" successor that had been working so well and instead appointed his son Commodus.  Subsequently, Commodus abandoned border security and expansion along the northern frontier.  2. Caracalla enacted the "Constitutio Antoniniana".  Among other things, it made all free men everywhere in the Roman Empire a citizen and gave the same rights to free women everywhere in the Roman Empire.  That was an absolute disaster for the future health and strength of the empire. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Among other things, it made all free men everywhere in the Roman Empire a citizen and gave the same rights to free women everywhere in the Roman Empire.  That was an absolute disaster for the future health and strength of the empire. 

This is, quite frankly, the most unexpected and impressive way to get a thread locked I've ever seen.

Bravo, sir. Bravo.

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

This is, quite frankly, the most unexpected and impressive way to get a thread locked I've ever seen.

Bravo, sir. Bravo.

If it managed to illicit a response from none other than Spoot-Face, I've created an indisputable masterpiece  :-) 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Many reasons.  Generalized political corruption to start with. It is a simplification but you can say that their economic system was a bit like a Ponzi scheme. Burgeoning military costs.  Military personnel's dedication given to who could aggrandize them rather than loyalty to the state.  Frequent civil wars. Inability to control borders. I'd get an argument with the next comments, but I see two emperors that really messed up in ways that caused far reaching consequences. 1. Marcus Aurelius abandoned the "appointed" successor that had been working so well and instead appointed his son Commodus.  Subsequently, Commodus abandoned border security and expansion along the northern frontier.  2. Caracalla enacted the "Constitutio Antoniniana".  Among other things, it made all free men everywhere in the Roman Empire a citizen and gave the same rights to free women everywhere in the Roman Empire.  That was an absolute disaster for the future health and strength of the empire. 

Oh wow, forget my answer, this took the cake like a fat kid on his birthday.

• Haha 4

58 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

So many modern parallels. Constitutio Antoniniana was their Tik Tok.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2