### Jets vs Giants - The Official Game Thread ###

Maxman

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I would put in Siemian right now. No lie

Well coach, you would have lost the game if you did that.

Practice squad players aren't eligible to play in games unless they are promoted before hand.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Pretty solid recap, but you forgot to mention we’re 4-3 and broke the Giants hearts.

Ice Cube Reaction GIF

This is how the Jets usually lose. At least for now the Giants are the new Jets (I really hope it lasts more than a week)

6 minutes ago, Snook said:

This is how the Jets usually lose. At least for now the Giants are the new Jets (I really hope it lasts more than a week)

The Giants out-Jet-ed the Jets. Are the Jets lucky today? Hell yeah.

But you don't apologize for wins in the NFL. You fix what is wrong and move on.  Hopefully the Jets take that last part seriously.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, Dunnie said:

This performance was a coaching failure ... Nothing more.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

I see it as a coaching win. The team was able to spike the ball after the completion because of coaching. It goes both ways. This is a well-coached team that needs to adjust around an AWFUL QB. 

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

The Giants out-Jet-ed the Jets. Are the Jets lucky today? Hell yeah.

But you don't apologize for wins in the NFL. You fix what is wrong and move on.  Hopefully the Jets take that last part seriously.

^^^^ This guy sat through that sh*t show in the rain and is all happy and excited :rl: 

Did you notice the giants don’t have non stop music blasting between plays? And their pa announcer doesn’t scream? See how a real professional team game day xp is? No wonder why you had so much fun in the rain.

Im not in denial, because I know how this will play out lol 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, BP said:

This is probably the worst take I’ve ever seen on this board. Fitting being that you’re on the fence about Saleh being an impeccable genious or a dunce.

this was the worst football game I’ve ever witnessed. Jets played terrified on offense until they had no choice. And almost got beat on defense by a 3rd string nobody.

GREAT COACHING!! 

that might be an exaggeration about the defense. the defense played well except for not doing a great job stopping the run, but the giants were held to negative passing yards and i think maybe 1 3rd down conversion and 10 points. thats a pretty good day, especially on a day where you have to take the field for 17 possessions by your oppponent. you can say they almost bea tthemselves with penalties and that saquon almost made them pay for it. but to say devito almost beat them is not genuine

I see it as a coaching win. The team was able to spike the ball after the completion because of coaching. It goes both ways. This is a well-coached team that needs to adjust around an AWFUL QB. 
Yeah .. the QB compelled the Defense to commit asinine penalties all day .

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

that might be an exaggeration about the defense. the defense played well except for not doing a great job stopping the run, but the giants were held to negative passing yards and i think maybe 1 3rd down conversion and 10 points. thats a pretty good day, especially on a day where you have to take the field for 17 possessions by your oppponent. you can say they almost bea tthemselves with penalties and that saquon almost made them pay for it. but to say devito almost beat them is not genuine

This is true. But to say great coaching (not you, the other guy) after that asinine offside on 4th and 5 punt late in the game. Immediately after that dumb penalty the run defense collapsed. GREAT COACHING!!

Also, they are sooooooool lucky they didn’t run out of time before the tying fg.

This was one of the worst games I have ever seen in my life. And again, with two weeks to prepare the Jets weren’t ready to play and played like terrified pussies on offense until they had no choice.

What I learned about Zach from this game is he is a very slow starter and has trouble making any 1st downs early in the game . . . but after he settles down around 59 or so minutes into the game, he comes alive and is able to complete some passes and actually make a 1st down too. We just need to petition the league to officially change the game time from 60 minutes to either 75, 90 or even 120 minutes and we might have a decent QB! LOL

The other thing I learned is our field is haunted by the ghost of Jimmy Hoffa who gets his revenge by injuring anyone who dares to play on it above him where ever the mob buried him below it.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, BP said:

This is probably the worst take I’ve ever seen on this board. Fitting being that you’re on the fence about Saleh being an impeccable genious or a dunce.

this was the worst football game I’ve ever witnessed. Jets played terrified on offense until they had no choice. And almost got beat on defense by a 3rd string nobody.

GREAT COACHING!! 

Obviously this is your first year as a Jets fan. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, BP said:

GREAT COACHING!! 

They ALMOST got beat, but they didn't. 

Is this your first year watching football? This isn't in the top 20 of worst games. There is no such thing as a good loss, and there is no such thing as a bad win. 

9 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Yeah .. the QB compelled the Defense to commit asinine penalties all day .

You know that two things can be possible at once, right? The defense shot themselves in the foot AND Zach Wilson is an awful QB. If his name was Wack Zilson and he was drafted in the 3rd round or later, we wouldn't even be talking about him anymore. I will root for Zach for as long as he wears gotham green, but he is an atrocious QB who occasionally makes a nice play or two. 

• Upvote 3

The TV crew showed pics of AR with a headset on. They had asked Zach if Rodgers communicates with him during a game. He said basically no and the crew mentioned that Rodgers talks to Hackett on the headset during the game. They have a good and long relationship and that means the star player and QB has a big say in game planning and calling of plays. It's good and smart Rodgers obviously has a great understanding and grasp of football esp on offense Hackett is smart consulting with him. 

23 hours ago, ausman said:

Odd.  That’s your hope so you can tell all us other fans how dumb we are?  Sad.

You're right, I was being unfair. 

The Jets should actually win 8 or 9 games this year. Another losing season, and no playoffs since 2010. Still better than last season, I guess. 

Nickelodeon Yes GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

• Upvote 1