Jets problems

Squirt

24 minutes ago, Squirt said:

I've been a Jets fan since I was a teenager in 1960 when the team w established and a season ticket holder since 1980. I've missed very few games since becoming a season ticket holder. I ws at the game last night and our offense was a disaster again. I've given Zach the benefit of the doubt since he was drafted, but he is not an NFL QB. I was against trading for Rodgers because of his age and signing his friends. Turner should be cut NOW! Cobb and Lazaur are terrible. Hackett can't Hack it just like his father! Sala is too soft on his players. Woody take that neckless and put it where the sun don't shine! You're a clueless owner and should sell the team! Douglas didn't pay any attention to what the offense really needs to be successful Not one signing or trade at the deadline. Can the young guys on the roster be any worse than Turner, Lazaur, Cobb, or Cook? Coach them up and give them their shot, what's the worst that can happen the offense would not be any worse than it is now. It's a damn because the defense is champion ship caliber. I'm done.

You sir hit the proverbial nail on the head! Well done Squirt! 

• Upvote 1

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Problem #1  Woody Johnson 

#2. Zach Wilson 

#3 Saleh

# Joe D-to his credit he brought us some good players but you are what your record says you are-we knew from day one when he drafted Zach they were forever tied-Zach is a cinderblock around joes neck-he also failed to build up the o line and his wr failures outside of g wilson are terrible, C Davis, Perriman Cobb Hardman, K Cole, Moore mess, Lazzard, Berrios, Mimms.   -the bolded were brought here to be WR 1s or at very least twos -we have 3 tight ends but some how none are truly effective and frankly are invisible...

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

29 minutes ago, Trotter said:

This thread is probably going to grow and more than likely get out of control quickly so I will just give a small bit of advice.

Everyone spend the rest of the week watching the hallmark channel christmas movies. Sure they are all the same and you know the ending 5 minutes in but you will feel better. 

Zach Wilson makes the baby Jesus cry

• Haha 3

I was very speechless last night and disgusted at the same time. This team has problem offensively and it's not Zack Wilson. There are three things that keep hurting Zack Wilson and keeping him from growing.

1) The offensive line is killing Zack when he drops back to pass. He is not given time to throw the ball. The other problem is the offensive line are also drive killers with the senseless penalties. Notice every time the Jets are driving the line commits a stupid penalty and sets them back. How is Zack supposed to succeed when the oline cannot protect and constantly commit stupid senseless penalties that kill drives. Yes, the offensive line is injured and week to week they are rolling the dice with the line going out every week.

2) The Jets need another WR to compliment Garret Wilson because the other WRs can't step up and now opposing team's defenses know the Jets scheme. They double team Wilson now and that leaves the rest of the WRs on one on one but the WRs still can't step up and or catch the ball when needed. They will have to check into the draft for a WR or check for another veteran that can step up and catch the ball.

3) The Jets got Hackett to be the offensive coordinator and so far, his play calling comes into question. Each game I see play called for running on third down and one and the opposing defense crowd the line and it's not once that he has called it, and the Jets get stopped. Why does it take in the last quarter for the Jets to move the offense??? Look at the last few games against KC in the last minutes of the fourth quarter the drove and scored; against the Philly the same thing in the fourth quarter and against the Giants the same in the fourth quarter and they were trailing. The Jets offense appears and rally. Well last night against the San Diego the offense got caught going to the well to often. It looks like Hackett has to find a new gameplan to actually make your QB successful and other teams scared to play you. 

This team is looking more like a .500 team than a playoff team. IMO, if Rodger's didn't get hurt, his season wouldn't be successful like everyone thinks or wants. With that oline in shambles Rodger's will be constantly in the tent getting fixed up because he can't be protected. If this team wants to succeed, they need to address the elephant in the room which is the oline and WR's. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Ugh 3
  • More Ugh 1

It is impossible to get a good read on an offense when the line is this terrible.

I know Zach stinks but there isn't a QB in the game who doesn't when harassed.  Look what the Jets defensive front has done to Mahomes, Allen, Hurt and Hebert, and they all play behind stellar lines.  Would Zach have developed better with even something near decent protection?  Would Rodgers have gotten hurt in the first place?

Find all the scapegoats you want.  The QB misses open receivers.  The receivers are never open and when they are they lead the league in drops.  This one sits in Joe Douglas' lap.  He has spent more money and draft capital than any GM in building, what is now, the 4th completely rebuilt, LOUSY line.

I hope Rodgers doesn't try to come back this year.  This line will end his career.  Zach takes a half dozen murderous hits a game and is three times as mobile.

Would be make the playoffs with average offensive line play?  I'm sure we would.  Don't give me the injury excuse.  Four years and 4 completely rebuilt lines have been disgraceful fails.

• Sympathy 1
  • More Ugh 1

Been a fan since 82 .... The problems are systemic... Joe D does seem competent... Other than that ...

Zach should have a short leash or outright benching .. couldn't get worse... Could it ?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by Dunnie

19 hours ago, Trotter said:

This thread is probably going to grow and more than likely get out of control quickly so I will just give a small bit of advice.

Everyone spend the rest of the week watching the hallmark channel christmas movies. Sure they are all the same and you know the ending 5 minutes in but you will feel better. 

The Yogi documentary on Netflix was pretty good.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Been a fan since 82 .... The problems are systemic... Joe D does seem competent... Other than that ...

Really????  He is better than the last few but what has he done to make you say that?  I' say he is average if you look at his 4 years here. Heck, based on his record, he is bottom 5 but that is subjective.  Weak O-line, no QB, no WR after GW. 

Really????  He is better than the last few but what has he done to make you say that?  I' say he is average if you look at his 4 years here. Heck, based on his record, he is bottom 5 but that is subjective.  Weak O-line, no QB, no WR after GW. 
I guess it's the Garret, Sauce, Jermaine, Breece draft that has him off the naughty list for now

27 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I guess it's the Garret, Sauce, Jermaine, Breece draft that has him off the naughty list for now

1 draft above average.....  1 out of 4.  Reminds me that I worked for an old Russian that had a sign in his office that said "Welcome to the USA, where we make superstars out of 250 hitters".  That was in the 80's.  

18 hours ago, AL047 said:

I was very speechless last night and disgusted at the same time. This team has problem offensively and it's not Zack Wilson. There are three things that keep hurting Zack Wilson and keeping him from growing.

1) The offensive line is killing Zack when he drops back to pass. He is not given time to throw the ball. The other problem is the offensive line are also drive killers with the senseless penalties. Notice every time the Jets are driving the line commits a stupid penalty and sets them back. How is Zack supposed to succeed when the oline cannot protect and constantly commit stupid senseless penalties that kill drives. Yes, the offensive line is injured and week to week they are rolling the dice with the line going out every week.

2) The Jets need another WR to compliment Garret Wilson because the other WRs can't step up and now opposing team's defenses know the Jets scheme. They double team Wilson now and that leaves the rest of the WRs on one on one but the WRs still can't step up and or catch the ball when needed. They will have to check into the draft for a WR or check for another veteran that can step up and catch the ball.

3) The Jets got Hackett to be the offensive coordinator and so far, his play calling comes into question. Each game I see play called for running on third down and one and the opposing defense crowd the line and it's not once that he has called it, and the Jets get stopped. Why does it take in the last quarter for the Jets to move the offense??? Look at the last few games against KC in the last minutes of the fourth quarter the drove and scored; against the Philly the same thing in the fourth quarter and against the Giants the same in the fourth quarter and they were trailing. The Jets offense appears and rally. Well last night against the San Diego the offense got caught going to the well to often. It looks like Hackett has to find a new gameplan to actually make your QB successful and other teams scared to play you. 

This team is looking more like a .500 team than a playoff team. IMO, if Rodger's didn't get hurt, his season wouldn't be successful like everyone thinks or wants. With that oline in shambles Rodger's will be constantly in the tent getting fixed up because he can't be protected. If this team wants to succeed, they need to address the elephant in the room which is the oline and WR's. 

Right although they might have ten wins on the strength of the defense. Obviously Zach should never, ever take a sack in the red zone. Nor should he fumble or throw a pick.  Those things are on him. But the procedure penalties are killers. Dropped passes are drive killers. Not being able to run block is hurting.  Not being able to convert third and three or less is a drive killer.There are plays to negate pass rushes, use them.  And these things aren’t all on Zach.

22 hours ago, Squirt said:

I've been a Jets fan since I was a teenager in 1960 when the team w established and a season ticket holder since 1980. I've missed very few games since becoming a season ticket holder. I ws at the game last night and our offense was a disaster again. I've given Zach the benefit of the doubt since he was drafted, but he is not an NFL QB. I was against trading for Rodgers because of his age and signing his friends. Turner should be cut NOW! Cobb and Lazaur are terrible. Hackett can't Hack it just like his father! Sala is too soft on his players. Woody take that neckless and put it where the sun don't shine! You're a clueless owner and should sell the team! Douglas didn't pay any attention to what the offense really needs to be successful Not one signing or trade at the deadline. Can the young guys on the roster be any worse than Turner, Lazaur, Cobb, or Cook? Coach them up and give them their shot, what's the worst that can happen the offense would not be any worse than it is now. It's a damn because the defense is champion ship caliber. I'm done.

tenor.gif