Media slowly coming for JD

kevinc855

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

and who has no other suitors. 

I think the Raiders were interested after the Tom Brady fantasy fell through and they cut Derek Carr loose. It's too bad (in retrospect) that they didn't reel their whale, in. Having said that, if Aaron Rodgers went with the Raiders, Zach is our starter, anyway. 

8 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

One thing I don't think anyone (outside this message board) said about the Rodgers thing is that it came from such a place of weakness. You don't just wake up one morning and decide to trade major assets for a 39-year-old who's coming off his worst professional season, who is by his own admission 90% retired, and who has no other suitors. If that looks like your best option, then by definition you have galactically ****ed up your roster in like a hundred different ways.

Two 2nd round picks are major assets?

2023 and 2024 2nd round picks for a future HOF. Come on. And I would take his worst professional season this year. Because it is still 3x better than what our current QB is giving us.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

We all know the story-JD is better than late stage Tannenbaum, Idzik and Maccagnan, or at least he feels better and is more professional, but has still not put together a TOTAL TEAM with an acceptable record.

But unfortunately, much of what JD has had to work with also includes people Woody employs who don't help, like the long-time scouts, medical and training staffs.  

He has Rodgers for 1-2 more years.  If he gives him a good enough OL and WR, the Jets will be +.500.  

But I think he has shown that without a Rodgers, he is going no where.  He should work out his contract, and the Jets should start with a new regime after Rodgers retires. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Claymation said:

2023 and 2024 2nd round picks for a future HOF. 

If you want to laud Douglas for not giving up a first-rounder, then you have to assume he knew Rodgers would get hurt and made the deal anyway, which seems kind of odd.

9 minutes ago, Claymation said:

And I would take his worst professional season this year. Because it is still 3x better than what our current QB is giving us.

Now that I think about it, this is his worst professional season. Jury is still out as to whether it's three times better than Wilson.

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, Wit said:

I actually don’t think firing him is a great idea. Look at the guys we keep hiring? 

JD knows it, too. He's protected, he's done everything Woody has ordered him to do. He's safe. Saleh is safe because he does everything he's told to do, as well. Remember being 5-2 last year? Then the wheels fell off? We're there, again. Nothing has changed. Nothing.

And nothing will change going into 2024. If you liked what you saw in 2022, and 2023, you're going to get it again in 2024.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • More Ugh 1

One thing I don't think anyone (outside this message board) said about the Rodgers thing is that it came from such a place of weakness. You don't just wake up one morning and decide to trade major assets for a 39-year-old who's coming off his worst professional season, who is by his own admission 90% retired, and who has no other suitors. If that looks like your best option, then by definition you have galactically ****ed up your roster in like a hundred different ways.

Not for nothing but Rodgers did win back to back MVPs the last 2 years prior to last. And if he was healthy and played the same way last year. This year. We are talking deep run in playoffs. Even if he is/was 90% retired in his mind. Would still be 100% better than Zack this year. He got hurt. It sucks. We’re the JETS

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, TBJ said:

He effed up everything by drafting Zach. He should have traded the pick and cashed in.

We have done better with every other QB who has played since Zach was picked.

Yep, he totally sh*t the bed. That deal the 49ers offered him was unbelievable. A man with a brain in his head would have jumped on that.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Wit said:

I actually don’t think firing him is a great idea. Look at the guys we keep hiring? Missing out on T law in that draft was a killer. The doubling down on Zach, not excusable. O line issues- some on him and some on injuries

If they landed Lawrence this team would be the next best thing. But one wrong move at the most important position, crumbled everything around it. 
Fortunately this team has built an elite defense from the ground up while the other side is trying to stay a float. 

When you whiff on the 2nd pick of the draft and your options are Jimmy G, Derek Carr and guy who won two out of the last 3 MVPs, you take the chance on the mvp guy.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

42 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

They had no path to even a B+ quarterback and Rodgers gave them that. Rodgers is a massive dickhead and he’s old, but his Achilles wasn’t an old man injury. Agreed on the operating-from-desperation, but that’s what happens to a regime when they draft a catastrophic bust QB. Bottom line, this team is a Super Bowl contender with Rodgers, which is what we hired these chuckleheads to do. 

I miss the t0m that got misty eyed when seeing pics of 

IMG_6818.thumb.jpeg.aabf143a3c7f813fffdad349740d1565.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Jets0712 said:

Not for nothing but Rodgers did win back to back MVPs the last 2 years prior to last. And if he was healthy and played the same way last year. This year. We are talking deep run in playoffs. Even if he is/was 90% retired in his mind. Would still be 100% better than Zack this year. He got hurt. It sucks. We’re the JETS

At this point, I think the entire thing was a ruse. Arodge was pulling a ruse, JD and Saleh were pulling a ruse, Woody was pulling a ruse... not all on the same page but in spite of the different agendas it all fell into place for all of them. It doesn't matter if the team sucks, JD, Saleh, Arodge and Zach are all going to come out of this smelling like a rose. 

And Jets fans? You get to do this again, in 2024. 

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

“bUt jD iS tHe bEsT gM tHaT mOsT jEtS fAn HaVe eVeR sEeN” 

1 hour ago, Claymation said:

2023 and 2024 2nd round picks for a future HOF. Come on. And I would take his worst professional season this year. Because it is still 3x better than what our current QB is giving us.

0/4 and a torn ACL is not worth two first round picks and a trade down in the first round. hindsight is 20/20 but at this moment we are not winning this trade.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

17 minutes ago, Ron Rico said:

JD knows it, too. He's protected, he's done everything Woody has ordered him to do. He's safe. Saleh is safe because he does everything he's told to do, as well. Remember being 5-2 last year? Then the wheels fell off? We're there, again. Nothing has changed. Nothing.

And nothing will change going into 2024. If you liked what you saw in 2022, and 2023, you're going to get it again in 2024.

Well, one thing has changed.  They are 4-4, not 5-2. 

10 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

If they landed Lawrence this team would be the next best thing. But one wrong move at the most important position, crumbled everything around it. 
Fortunately this team has built an elite defense from the ground up while the other side is trying to stay a float. 

Again.

46 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

I don’t think anyone can doubt the desperation. The Zach whiff was so monumental that another losing season was probably going to do the whole regime in. Ironically Rodgers blowing up instantly has probably saved them all as they’re going to want to run it back rather than reset. That they’ve been allowed to get away with putting Zach back out there genuinely sickens me. 

The desperation didn’t necessarily make it bad though. It could have worked and looking at this team we’re likely top of the division even with a lesser version of Rodgers. Green Bay being completely inept offensively lends credence to the idea that the drop off last year was as much down to them than him. That was always the hope. The move was always predicated on a lot of things going right.

Was it really that monumental.  It was a choice between him, Lance, Fields and Jones?  

The monumental mistake is continuing to trot him out there and not have a real backup plan should Rodgers get hurt, which he did.

There are plenty of whiffs at first round QBs.  

• Upvote 3

A couple points;

1-As somebody already mentioned JD is much better than our prior 3 GMs, even early Tanny. He made his picks at the combine, cap guru that never watched film.

2- We dont know how much say ownership had in the A-rodg decision, and lastly

3- despite some big whiffs (zack, Becton?) JD has drafted 2 roys. He also has done very well with low round picks, RFAs, ansd waiver pick ups. That is a product of a good scouting system and in the end that is what is needed to build a team from the ground up.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

The whole off-season there was one major concern that destroyed this team last year and it was the O-Line. Douglas. Did. NOTHING. He left the team to rely on an old man coming off a major injury at LT, the position most critical to protect ting a right-handed QB. Look what happened to the QB with the same depleted OL. Joe Douglas, other than hitting a HR on a  few draft picks hasn't been able to sign any impact players. Can somebody please explain to me how the 2023 draft can't be considered the least impactful draft since who knows when too? The Jets have never had a 1st round pick that they refuse to play. They have a RB they drafted in the 5th round that Woody Johnson was all excited about, who showed a lot of promise and since getting hurt 3 months ago has yet to even be activated on a gamely instead, they continue with Cook

Screen Shot 2023-11-09 at 6.21.42 PM.jpeg

JD doesn't know what he's doing. He makes alot of money that Woody pays him and he does what Woody tells him to do.