My thoughts

12 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Sorry to do this, but I am too aggravated to read through the whole board right now.  Most of this probably belonged in the game thread, but I spend that time screaming at my television and curing and not posting.  

I spent a bunch of time yelling "He sucks!  He just sucks."  I assume everyone knows who I mean.  He ran a couple of times.  He should do it more.  He is an expendable stiff IMO, so make the plays you can make.  Stop "living to fight another day."  Ton of times I was yelling at him to throw it and pull the trigger.  A few missed layups.  His throws were generally on the high side and seemed like a ton of hospital balls.  I'm not sure how anybody can blame Toon's concussions on Kenny O and feel this is a sustainable way to treat Garrett Wilson.

I was VERY mad at the refs.  Some of that is just being a fan in the heat of the moment but there was a fair amount of BS.  What is the rule on Carter's chop block?  That guy was not engaged.  The Huff roughing looked like it had an obvious uncalled hold.   The Jets shoot themselves in the foot enough, they don't need any ******* help.  Why am I listening to Collinsworth giggle and watch a replay of a crackback block decleating Clemons on a big gain, when we have probably lost 100 yards on that call this season?  What the ****?  Is it legal because he was on the line?  If anything it seemed worse to me.  The guy ran into him top speed.  Lazard even slowed and stopped on his.

The Oline wasn't too bad.  Too many runs into defenses set up to stop the run.  Don't they have a pass alternative or is it just a function of playing 3 TEs all the time?  I have no idea why they moved Mitchell from T to G or played Turner against the Chargers.   Newman seemed fine at G and they were way worse last week.  If Saffold is mildly serviceable I would run Becton-Tomlinson-Tippman-Saffold-Mitchell the rest of the way.  I actually think Brown had more in the tank last year, but you can't keep ******* with them week to week.

The Jets are a team that wins by their punter and they ran into a better punter yesterday.  Pure and simple.  Specials did not do them any favors.  Kicking game was fine, but they missed a couple of times when they should have been pinned because the cover team couldn't down the ball.  Gipson taking that ball out was a disaster and I think he was just pressing to make a play since they can't score on O.  Horrible decision horribly executed. 

Defense was generally solid.  Anybody complaining about Quinnen Williams should honestly read Football for Dummies cause they are nuts.  Sauce played well but that (I think it was him) tackle attempt on Jacobs big run was pitiful.  Adams took a horrible angle on the same play.  They keep knocking the ball loose and rarely land on it.  I saw a study that was just luck.   Any Jets fans surprised that the Jets have bad luck?  Props to Davis.  He is certainly in there scrapping for the ball.  Not sure that is worth a 3rd but he is trying.  On that pick, did Whitehead get lost?  Concussed?  I thought he was going to Jim Marshall it to the wrong end zone.  How did Collingsworth think he was downed by contact?  Didn't he have to catch the ball before he could be contacted?  

Uzomah with a bunch of stupid penalties.  He doesn't bring enough positives to the table for this sh*t to fly.  I argued that Lazard was an okay #2, but he appears to be the dog that many said he was.  Dog, not dawg.  He blows and doesn't always seem to try.  Not sure he had to come back to that ball though.  He was settling into a space in the zone.  As usual it was late.  Shocked we haven't seen much of Brownlee with this lackluster group.  People always blame position coaches when things go bad, but in this case I really am questioning Azzanni.  It doesn't seem like they square up and fight for the ball.  Even on that deep throw to Garrett Wilson he let the ball come to him.  They should have a plan for those sideline throws and I think stopping squaring up and jumping gets you more catches and PI flags than "late hands" and trying to let the ball snake through.  Especially for big squids like Lazard. 

I'll stop ranting now.  For the three people that read the whole thing, thank you.  For the rest of you, sorry, but tough sh*t.  I wrote it.  I probably have 1,000 more angry thoughts about that mess.  I don't see firing anybody.  I think they run it back next year with Rodgers.  I like Douglas, but that is his last chance to win.  Try to add Oline and WR and let the chips fall.  Heads roll mid-season if it is anything like this again.  

A lot of good thoughts here!

This team is uniquely frustrating to watch, even compared to most bad Jets teams of year's past. The awful QB/offense, the game-altering penalties, the crucial mistakes (drops, sacks, fumbles), the close/heartbreaking losses in low-scoring games. Ugh. Another brutal year. 

• Upvote 4

I read it. Now you read mine. It's shorter. More of an outline.

Why don’t we try to get the ball to Hall in space?

Why no RPO?

Why would you ever throw the ball to Lazard?

Why does our D sometimes look totally overmatched in the run game?

Why did Hackett curl up in a ball with a 9-3 lead rather than put pressure on a Raider’s D that hadn’t stopped the Jets O?

Why does our Offense consistently commit bonehead penalties on crucial plays?

Why do our cover teams fail us at crucial times of the game?

Why are our WRs and TEs unaware that when you wrap your arms around a defender like you are hugging him, you will be called for holding?

Why doesn’t Saleh understand how to call a Timeout?

Why do i remain a fan of this “gang that can’t shoot straight” perpetual butt of the the joke team?

***note: No Zach Wilson "Why's" because what would be the point of that. He is who we thought he was, only worse.

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

A lot of good thoughts here!

This team is uniquely frustrating to watch, even compared to most bad Jets teams of year's past. The awful QB/offense, game-altering penalties week after week, the crucial mistakes (drops, sacks, fumbles), the close/heartbreaking losses in low-scoring games. Ugh. Another brutal year. 

They seem so bad, but have done some truly improbable things.  There were two games in the past two seasons that I would say they had a 99.9% chance of losing that they won - the Browns last year and the Giants a couple of weeks ago.  So much so that even though I had said the game was over well before (actually as soon as the Raiders got the TD since I calculated the odds of 3 more FGs being very slim) that my wife looked shocked when I told her they were getting the ball back and seemed to think they could still win.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Why no RPO?

Why did Hackett curl up in a ball with a 9-3 lead rather than put pressure on a Raider’s D that hadn’t stopped the Jets O?

Why are our WRs and TEs unaware that when you wrap your arms around a defender like you are hugging him, you will be called for holding?

Why do i remain a fan of this “gang that can’t shoot straight” perpetual butt the joke team?

***note; com Zach Wilson "Why's" because what would be the point of that. He is who we thought he was, only worse.

Lazard was even hobbled at that point.  He made a nice catch before but even there he was bobbling the ball before he finally secured it.  The oline did pass block well.  I hear the stuff about not being able to run against an eight man front but there are ways to negate it without passing too much. There were a couple of tricky tacky calls like the carter chop and the huff roughing but there should have been way more holds called on the raiders.

Time to make a qb change? Hard to say. I doubt if Boyle or semian can do much better but it is an easy change to make.  I don’t think it would necessarily be the end of Zach as a jet but it would send a huge message to the rest of the team.

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

They seem so bad, but have done some truly improbably things.  There were two games in the past two seasons that I would say they had a 99.9% chance of losing that they won - the Browns last year and the Giants a couple of weeks ago.  So much so that even though I had said the game was over well before (actually as soon as the Raiders got the TD since I calculated the odds of 3 more FGs being very slim) that my wife looked shocked when I told her they were getting the ball back and seemed to think they could still win.

Yep. We've had some wacky finishes. 

I also forgot to mention the two almost caught Hail Mary passes at the end of both the NE and LV games. This team teases us like no other.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Sorry to do this, but I am too aggravated to read through the whole board right now.  Most of this probably belonged in the game thread, but I spend that time screaming at my television and cursing and not posting.  

I spent a bunch of time yelling "He sucks!  He just sucks."  I assume everyone knows who I mean.  He ran a couple of times.  He should do it more.  He is an expendable stiff IMO, so make the plays you can make.  Stop "living to fight another day."  Ton of times I was yelling at him to throw it and pull the trigger.  A few missed layups.  His throws were generally on the high side and seemed like a ton of hospital balls.  I'm not sure how anybody can blame Toon's concussions on Kenny O and feel this is a sustainable way to treat Garrett Wilson.

I was VERY mad at the refs.  Some of that is just being a fan in the heat of the moment but there was a fair amount of BS.  What is the rule on Carter's chop block?  That guy was not engaged.  The Huff roughing looked like it had an obvious uncalled hold.   The Jets shoot themselves in the foot enough, they don't need any ******* help.  Why am I listening to Collinsworth giggle and watch a replay of a crackback block decleating Clemons on a big gain, when we have probably lost 100 yards on that call this season?  What the ****?  Is it legal because he was on the line?  If anything it seemed worse to me.  The guy ran into him top speed.  Lazard even slowed and stopped on his.

The Oline wasn't too bad.  Too many runs into defenses set up to stop the run.  Don't they have a pass alternative or is it just a function of playing 3 TEs all the time?  I have no idea why they moved Mitchell from T to G or played Turner against the Chargers.   Newman seemed fine at G and they were way worse last week.  If Saffold is mildly serviceable I would run Becton-Tomlinson-Tippman-Saffold-Mitchell the rest of the way.  I actually think Brown had more in the tank last year, but you can't keep ******* with them week to week.

The Jets are a team that wins by their punter and they ran into a better punter yesterday.  Pure and simple.  Specials did not do them any favors.  Kicking game was fine, but they missed a couple of times when they should have been pinned because the cover team couldn't down the ball.  Gipson taking that ball out was a disaster and I think he was just pressing to make a play since they can't score on O.  Horrible decision horribly executed. 

Defense was generally solid.  Anybody complaining about Quinnen Williams should honestly read Football for Dummies cause they are nuts.  Sauce played well but that (I think it was him) tackle attempt on Jacobs big run was pitiful.  Adams took a horrible angle on the same play.  They keep knocking the ball loose and rarely land on it.  I saw a study that was just luck.   Any Jets fans surprised that the Jets have bad luck?  Props to Davis.  He is certainly in there scrapping for the ball.  Not sure that is worth a 3rd but he is trying.  On that pick, did Whitehead get lost?  Concussed?  I thought he was going to Jim Marshall it to the wrong end zone.  How did Collingsworth think he was downed by contact?  Didn't he have to catch the ball before he could be contacted?  

Uzomah with a bunch of stupid penalties.  He doesn't bring enough positives to the table for this sh*t to fly.  I argued that Lazard was an okay #2, but he appears to be the dog that many said he was.  Dog, not dawg.  He blows and doesn't always seem to try.  Not sure he had to come back to that ball though.  He was settling into a space in the zone.  As usual it was late.  Shocked we haven't seen much of Brownlee with this lackluster group.  People always blame position coaches when things go bad, but in this case I really am questioning Azzanni.  It doesn't seem like they square up and fight for the ball.  Even on that deep throw to Garrett Wilson he let the ball come to him.  They should have a plan for those sideline throws and I think stopping squaring up and jumping gets you more catches and PI flags than "late hands" and trying to let the ball snake through.  Especially for big squids like Lazard. 

I'll stop ranting now.  For the three people that read the whole thing, thank you.  For the rest of you, sorry, but tough sh*t.  I wrote it.  I probably have 1,000 more angry thoughts about that mess.  I don't see firing anybody.  I think they run it back next year with Rodgers.  I like Douglas, but that is his last chance to win.  Try to add Oline and WR and let the chips fall.  Heads roll mid-season if it is anything like this again.  

I read the entire post and am actually surprised yuu are this calm.

I won’t even allow my kids to say the ‘z’ word.  In my house it’s much worse than the ‘f’ word.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Why no RPO?

Why do i remain a fan of this “gang that can’t shoot straight” perpetual butt of the the joke team?

***note: No Zach Wilson "Why's" because what would be the point of that. He is who we thought he was, only worse.

Angry Leonardo Dicaprio GIF

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, rangerous said:

Lazard was even hobbled at that point.  He made a nice catch before but even there he was bobbling the ball before he finally secured it.  The oline did pass block well.  I hear the stuff about not being able to run against an eight man front but there are ways to negate it without passing too much. There were a couple of tricky tacky calls like the carter chop and the huff roughing but there should have been way more holds called on the raiders.

Time to make a qb change? Hard to say. I doubt if Boyle or semian can do much better but it is an easy change to make.  I don’t think it would necessarily be the end of Zach as a jet but it would send a huge message to the rest of the team.

You want to send a message to the team? Bench Uzomah and Lazzard. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1st and goal from the 3.  Okay, he did step on the line, but I feel good about this.  I'm pretty sure the whole huddle knew it would be a running play to the right.  No need to hold.  The worst that could happen is no gain or maybe a 1 yard loss.  Not like a desperate 4th down situation.  2nd and goal from the 4 would still keep the run in place.  This play bothered me the most with my morning Jets hangover.  

• Upvote 2
  • Ugh 1

8 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I’m one of the Zach Sucks contingent here, but I said in another thread (and I’m going to continue saying it all week) It dawned on me while watching the game last night that Zach Wilson is the 3rd best player on this offense right now.

Take from that what you will, but it is what it is.

Why it’s criminal for whoever put this offense together if Zach is 3rd best. JD

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I’m one of the Zach Sucks contingent here, but I said in another thread (and I’m going to continue saying it all week) It dawned on me while watching the game last night that Zach Wilson is the 3rd best player on this offense right now.

A testament to how bad they are, but I'd place him at no better than 6th behind GW, Hall, Conklin, Becton and Tippman. 

37 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

They seem so bad, but have done some truly improbable things.  There were two games in the past two seasons that I would say they had a 99.9% chance of losing that they won - the Browns last year and the Giants a couple of weeks ago.  So much so that even though I had said the game was over well before (actually as soon as the Raiders got the TD since I calculated the odds of 3 more FGs being very slim) that my wife looked shocked when I told her they were getting the ball back and seemed to think they could still win.

it's just difficult to watch.   As fans, we see the shortcomings that we talked about all off-season but somehow JD/Saleh don't seem to see.   It was obvious to everyone but JD that this OL wasn't going to be enough and they all decided to 'run it back with Duane'.   Saleh all off-season was 'Duane is a tough out' and the dude literally can't play anymore.   What did Saleh see that we didn't to come to this conclusion?   

Uzomah has never been good and now he's consistently costing an already challenged offense mulitple opportunities per game.   

Lazzard is a fish, I get the AR/Lazzard love but AR's been hurt since 4 plays into the season so at this point that toothpaste is out of the tube.  Even the ball he caught last night he almost dropped and he too is good for a drive killing penalty or drop each game.  

Last item on my list is culture and attitude, one thing I expected from Saleh.   I watched the Lions go for 4th down 3 times on one drive yesterday while they were within FG range.   They are the real all gas team, not us.   It seemed like the Jets came out attacking last night and were moving the ball through the air and starting to set up the run as a result.  Once they got to 9-3 they reverted to run-run-pass punt and tried to win a 9-6 game which just isn't going to cut it in the NFL.    They took their foot off the gas and couldn't get back to any kind of attack mode.    

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

Zach WIlson is not even as good at his job as Irv Charles.  He is to QBs what Xavier Newman is to centers.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, since1975 said:

1st and goal from the 3.  Okay, he did step on the line, but I feel good about this.  I'm pretty sure the whole huddle knew it would be a running play to the right.  No need to hold.  The worst that could happen is no gain or maybe a 1 yard loss.  Not like a desperate 4th down situation.  2nd and goal from the 4 would still keep the run in place.  This play bothered me the most with my morning Jets hangover.  

Does that group of dumbasses need to be reminded before they break every huddle, "OK, and just a reminder, DON'T F***ING HOLD HERE. Other than a turnover, the only thing that removes realities of scoring a TD is if we're 2nd or 3rd and goal from the 13."

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, LionelRichie said:

it's just difficult to watch.   As fans, we see the shortcomings that we talked about all off-season but somehow JD/Saleh don't seem to see.   It was obvious to everyone but JD that this OL wasn't going to be enough and they all decided to 'run it back with Duane'.   Saleh all off-season was 'Duane is a tough out' and the dude literally can't play anymore.   What did Saleh see that we didn't to come to this conclusion?   

Uzomah has never been good and now he's consistently costing an already challenged offense mulitple opportunities per game.   

Lazzard is a fish, I get the AR/Lazzard love but AR's been hurt since 4 plays into the season so at this point that toothpaste is out of the tube.  Even the ball he caught last night he almost dropped and he too is good for a drive killing penalty or drop each game.  

Last item on my list is culture and attitude, one thing I expected from Saleh.   I watched the Lions go for 4th down 3 times on one drive yesterday while they were within FG range.   They are the real all gas team, not us.   It seemed like the Jets came out attacking last night and were moving the ball through the air and starting to set up the run as a result.  Once they got to 9-3 they reverted to run-run-pass punt and tried to win a 9-6 game which just isn't going to cut it in the NFL.    They took their foot off the gas and couldn't get back to any kind of attack mode.    

I don't know what to make of the all gas no brakes thing.  They certainly seemed aggressive and pass first with Mike White and Joe Flacco.  Why are they so careful with Zach?  My guess is, it's Zach. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

i actually thought they were going to win before the INT. 

2 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Pass blocking was outstanding.

Run blocking was not good from what I could tell.  But at the same time, I don't understand why everything is up the gut.

They never run off tackle to the left behind Becton, whom you supposedly drafted to be "Highway 77".

It’s amazing how competent the OL looked when the ball was coming out on time. They helped chip block with RBs and TEs and it worked well.

They need to stop running out of shotgun. It’s a joke how bad it is.

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I don't know what to make of the all gas no brakes thing.  They certainly seemed aggressive and pass first with Mike White and Joe Flacco.  Why are they so careful with Zach?  My guess is, it's Zach. 

Typically, this is the case, but yesterday, Zach dropped back to pass 44 times (incl Zach eventual runs) and they ran the ball 17 times. And that's with the team winning or tied for most of the game. 

Personally, I think that's pretty aggressive.