Nice write up from MSN. Lots of good insight (post Texans game):

1 hour ago, Larz said:

“He’s been through the wringer here in this city, and it’s tough man,” Garrett Wilson said. “It’s definitely been a tough go for him. And to see him go out there and just ball, man. He’s finally doing what he deserves. This is what he deserves. He put in the work for it.”

“That kid’s a warrior, man,” left guard Laken Tomlinson said, laughing about Wilson grinning in the huddle at the start of the game. “It really felt like [he was smiling] every play. He’s out there and you look in his eyes and [say], ‘Man, this guy has this warrior mentality about him. He’s about to go out there and do some damage.’ And he did. I’m so proud of him, the way he handled himself — all year, really.”

Zach Wilson obviously had his issues last year with attitude and accountability. But those were always fixable in the locker room, because his biggest issue with his peers was that he wasn’t delivering the ball when and where he needed to.

“He balled,” Garrett Wilson said. “Put it all out there, throwing dots in the rain and those things mess with what they were trying to do on offense. As far as what we were trying to do Zach handled it and that is always our goal, handle it better than them and we did. Zach went crazy today, like I said, he has got all the faith in us in the world. It is great to see him and the just hoop.

his teammates love him 

Bad takes by Tomlinson and GW...They need to read this board and get their heads right. 😆

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

58 minutes ago, JetsRay said:

This is perfect and an amazing development.

The SOJF spin that Zach needs to go elsewhere to be successful because he lost the locker room, lost the team, all BS.

Zach overcame last year, he has grown, he NEEDED to grow up because last year was a tough lesson, but despite the fact that we aren't winning we are experiencing in real time the grown and development of Zach Wilson, that he can be "the guy" and everything is going in the right direction..

Rodgers gets this team next year, but Zach will still be here, and based on where Zach is now, and the major strides made this year despite more growing pains, he's finally gaining the confidence and maturity he needed to!

Well done Zach!!!

rick james cocaine GIF

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Larz said:

his teammates love him 

Thought there was a really lovely and interesting moment at the end of the game when Zach ran to find ex-teammate George Fant …there’s was obvious and genuine warmth in the embrace between them both, we’ve heard a lot from the locker room experts here that ZW is an entitled brat and his teammates hate him, moments like that put this nonsense to bed, it’s very clear that not only is he respected within the team but he’s popular. I know that’s going to upset folks around here but when it’s all said and done, being a good human being trumps everything  if you are a good human being you are pleased for him, pleased for THEM. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, JagsFanJif said:

This is all so confusing.  If Zach is all grown up and is so much more mature this year and this is the new and improved version of himself then why are the Jets the bad guys?  Why arent they being applauded for developing him? 

They should be they did being in Aaron Rodgers to make it happen 

30+ games of worst-in-league performance.

1 very good game.

And now he can be”the man” as one of you said above? I.e. a franchise QB?

I think many of you are far too quick to embrace and fall in love with mediocrity. I also think many on you might be out over your skis on this one….lets see Zach maintain at this level every game the rest of this year. Like Darnold did leading a 6-2 run in trash time in 2019. That’s a minimum to even consider retaining him for next year or beyond.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, JagsFanJif said:

This is all so confusing.  If Zach is all grown up and is so much more mature this year and this is the new and improved version of himself then why are the Jets the bad guys?  Why arent they being applauded for developing him? 

Because they are financially tied to Rodgers for the next 2 years.  Zach will be starting somewhere else for a long time.  The Jets will be starting over yet again.  

• Upvote 3

The confidence of the team is at its highest level since Rodgers ran out with the American flag and it finally felt like they played all gas as a full team in the second half last Sunday... Shout out to Mr consistency Thomas Morestead!

Time to break the Miami home  loss record that goes back to 2015, in the same way that they broke the Philly loss record earlier in the season. That's the dragon to be slain! Do that as it's ALL that matters!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

30+ games of worst-in-league performance.

1 very good game.

And now he can be”the man” as one of you said above? I.e. a franchise QB?

I think many of you are far too quick to embrace and fall in love with mediocrity. I also think many on you might be out over your skis on this one….lets see Zach maintain at this level every game the rest of this year. Like Darnold did leading a 6-2 run in trash time in 2019. That’s a minimum to even consider retaining him for next year or beyond.

Completely agree.  He should have had that Texans game his rookie year, good rookies flash games like that.  

I think the best case for wilson is doing what geno smith did, which is going back to basics and maybe becoming a functional starter years from now.  But even so, geno sat behind Russell wilson and had good coaching.  Not sure zach would ever do that either.

bottom line, lots of qbs with nice arms enter the league every year and most do not become good.  There’s going to be many drafted in 2024 and more in 2025.  And in 2026.  The jets will draft someone else and we’ll move on, so will he, he’ll live in obscurity somewhere out west and occasionally play. 

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, JagsFanJif said:

I’m not sure if promising to trade him so he plays better is the same as developing him. It should be, but I’m not sure it is. 

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, JagsFanJif said:

Fourteen steps backward one step forward, not exactly applause worthy, but where are they being called the bad guys 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Supreme bust recovers for one good game followed by the Scooby Doo mask being pulled to reveal that yes, Jets fans and the NY media were the villains the whole episode! It's a tale as old as time. 

Lisa Wilson was right!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, JagsFanJif said:

So the Jets developed Zach Wilson into a long time starter?  Kudos to coaching staff!  

Yup they did a great job getting him ready to beat the Jets like a drum for years.

They did almost as good a job as mutliple Chicago Bears staffs have done developing Fields.

• Post of the Week 3

7 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Yup they did a great job getting him ready to beat the Jets like a drum for years.

They did almost as good a job as mutliple Chicago Bears staffs have done developing Fields.

What do you think the Jets could get for Wilson if he had thrown for 4200 yards and 27 TD's, 700 yard rushing and 9 TD's in his last 16 starts like Justin Fields? 

1 minute ago, JagsFanJif said:

What do you think the Jets could get for Wilson if he had thrown for 4200 yards and 27 TD's, 700 yard rushing and 9 TD's in his last 16 starts like Justin Fields? 

If people think fields is bad, then what is wilson?  And his team has sucked too.  But he’s scoring and moving the ball and doesn’t get a cookie when he gets a few first downs, it’s expected.

this is the same mentality that allowed douglas to flip darnold for a 2nd, the notion that the jets ruined a very good qb who will flourish somewhere else.  It really doesn’t happen much, you’re going against the odds. 

• Upvote 2