Lead Up To Jets/Patriots Season Finale

4 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Can you even call it a rivalry when 1 team dominates the other so thoroughly?

hence the air quotes "rivalry"

it really never has been. lots of potential -- but nothing really came out of it. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

We are going to get murdered next week. 

C'mon, you know Bill is going to F us by losing and then taking the 3rd LT right before the Jets draft..

Fast Forward to Joe Douglas:

"With all the WRs and LTs that were already off the board, T’Vondre Sweat was the best value on the board."

• Upvote 3

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

C'mon, you know Bill is going to F us by losing and then taking the 3rd LT right before the Jets draft..

Fast Forward to Joe Douglas:

"With all the WRs and LTs that were already off the board, T’Vondre Sweat was the best value on the board."

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

We've missed the playoffs since 2010.  We can't afford to have empty victories that hurt our draft position.

But we can afford to build a losing culture? I would argue that a drive to win even when the outlook is bleak is far more valuable than trusting our GM to pick better with an extra 3 spots in a crapshoot.

Since 2010 the Jets have picked in the top 6 six times. Of those, only Sauce and QW turned out, and one of them took many years to actually have a good season. I trust mediocre players in a winning culture to do better than the wild card draft picks in a tank culture.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I want us to lose so badly that Woody recants on the free pass.

If that was even a remote possibility that would be the only reason I would root for a loss. I don't see that happening, even with a 63-21 Raiders-Chargers-esque game. Trust Woody to be a moron.

3 minutes ago, Hex said:

If that was even a remote possibility that would be the only reason I would root for a loss. I don't see that happening, even with a 63-21 Raiders-Chargers-esque game. Trust Woody to be a moron.

I agree, but it’s not a prediction, it’s a wish.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I want us to lose so badly that Woody recants on the free pass.

This is the way. Woody Johnson wants Kraft’s approval so badly that getting roached by his team juuuuust might break him. Especially considering Kraft wants to lose this game for the draft pick and to have an easier time selling Belichick’s firing to the fanbase. Losing 24-7 to Bailey Zappe, though? With Aaron Rodgers in mothballs on the sideline and Zach Wilson already a week into tanning his concussion in Cancun? 

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is the way. Woody Johnson wants Kraft’s approval so badly that getting roached by his team juuuuust might break him. Especially considering Kraft wants to lose this game for the draft pick and to have an easier time selling Belichick’s firing to the fanbase. Losing 24-7 to Bailey Zappe, though? With Aaron Rodgers in mothballs on the sideline and Zach Wilson already a week into tanning his concussion in Cancun? 

Does Kraft really have to sell anything by now?  Belichick has been exposed going on 4 years now without the GOAT Qb

2 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Does Kraft really have to sell anything by now?  Belichick has been exposed going on 4 years now without the GOAT Qb

Belichick is a deity amongst that base and they’re percolating because the team is playing well. If nothing else, Kraft needs to grease the skids for whoever replaces him.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Belichick is a deity amongst that base and they’re percolating because the team is playing well. If nothing else, Kraft needs to grease the skids for whoever replaces him.

As much as I hate pats fans there’s no way they are still buying the media narrative about Belichick.   How can they possibly be that stupid to think it wasn’t all Brady it was Belichick making his players do extra jumping jacks in pads in practice 

5 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

As much as I hate pats fans there’s no way they are still buying the media narrative about Belichick.   How can they possibly be that stupid to think it wasn’t all Brady it was Belichick making his players do extra jumping jacks in pads in practice 

I don’t want to speak for Pats fans, but I’d guess that the idea of Belichick plus Drake Maye is pretty intriguing.