Dalvin Cook Released

1 hour ago, Ron Rico said:

LOL

So what was drafting Ichabod McDonald?

Dalvin Cook was only brought in because:

A. Breece was just coming back and

B. He wanted to play with Arod

Did we NEED Dalvin? No. We could of just kept using Carter and izzy but the Dalvin signing was more of a “cherry on top” kind of move and we hoped he had something left but he didnt. It was for 1 year. One. Not 4 or 5 like a first rd pick. I cant explain the Will McDonald pick because like everyone else, I was confused when the selection was made

Dalvin made infinitely more sense then McDonald although McDonald might be a stud in our stash

5 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Great! now the Jets need to waste a draft pick to fix the RB depth problem created by cutting Michael Carter. What a dopey move that turned out to be.

His contract was up.  I don’t know whether MC was going to be worth a second contract.   His years 2 and 3 were not that great.  Let’s see what it costs the Cardinals to keep him. 

3 minutes ago, Team archer said:

Dalvin Cook was only brought in because:

A. Breece was just coming back and

B. He wanted to play with Arod

Did we NEED Dalvin? No. We could of just kept using Carter and izzy but the Dalvin signing was more of a “cherry on top” kind of move and we hoped he had something left but he didnt. It was for 1 year. One. Not 4 or 5 like a first rd pick. I cant explain the Will McDonald pick because like everyone else, I was confused when the selection was made

Let me break it down for ya. 

How DUMB is Dogass?

He goes high end on a "just in case" scenario that Breece isn't quite ready to go, but goes low end on Rasputin's backup QB. 

Izzy was fine. No problem with that draft pick. But for what Miami paid Mike White, we could have kept him. 

Dogass doesn't even know how to prioritize his limited resources. Hell, he didn't even put any thought into it, this was Rasputin's idea, just like all the other busts he signed as FA's.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ron Rico said:

Let me break it down for ya. 

How DUMB is Dogass?

He goes high end on a "just in case" scenario that Breece isn't quite ready to go, but goes low end on Rasputin's backup QB. 

Izzy was fine. No problem with that draft pick. But for what Miami paid Mike White, we could have kept him. 

Dogass doesn't even know how to prioritize his limited resources. Hell, he didn't even put any thought into it, this was Rasputin's idea, just like all the other busts he signed as FA's.  

Oh im not defending Joe Douglas or anyone in the front office. He dosent deseve anyone defending him. I just HATE hindsight 20/20 sh*t like this from some fans. And Im not pointing you out or anything..i just remember the fanbase(jetnation, jets media twitter, jet youtubers) essentially saying the same thing about Cook before we signed him which was:

Yes Dalvin Cook is probably trash. But why not have more weapons for Aaron? Its only for a year. That what alot of the fanbase from I seen were saying. And now that Cook is gone, it seems like everyone including the ones who were initially onboard are saying “see i told you so”

For the record, I dont know what your initial reaction to the Cook signing was so like I said, not pointing the finger at you

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Team archer said:

Oh im not defending Joe Douglas or anyone in the front office. He dosent deseve anyone defending him. I just HATE hindsight 20/20 sh*t like this from some fans. And Im not pointing you out or anything..i just remember the fanbase(jetnation, jets media twitter, jet youtubers) essentially saying the same thing about Cook before we signed him which was:

Yes Dalvin Cook is probably trash. But why not have more weapons for Aaron? Its only for a year. That what alot of the fanbase from I seen were saying. And now that Cook is gone, it seems like everyone including the ones who were initially onboard are saying “see i told you so”

For the record, I dont know what your initial reaction to the Cook signing was so like I said, not pointing the finger at you

I hear ya. It's painfully obvious at this point that whether you wanted Arodge or not, it was a huge mistake. He's not the savior. He's Neil O'Donnell. 2024 is going to suck bad. 

Dogass is a fraud, so is Salad. Anyone with an out, with a brain in their head, is going to "jet" the **** out of Woody World. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, jetswin said:

Normally Belidweeb would would sign this beast for our playbook week of...  however, as Anthony Kiedis would say

"that would be a waste of time"

Sounds dangerous.. could destroy your mind like looking into essence of primordial chaos itself

• Haha 1

Elliot, Fournette would have contributed more, Zonovan Knight and

Carter and Ty Johnson had better Jets moments. Izzy in the 5th

another genius move has speed but shows no  power or wiggle

UDFA RBs Keaton Mitchell & Jaleel Mclaughlin  are more dynamic backs

I didn't think Cook was that terrible. Some of this is on the blocking etc. like bad penalties mediocre Qb play that all added to making the offense ineffective. Izzy who probably will end up being OK also hasn't had any real standout performances and even Hall until recently was not having a great season. Some team who is in need of a RB in the playoff hunt might be interested in signing him cheap. 

18 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I didn't think Cook was that terrible. 

Where did he impress you?   The lack of burst and speed?  The 3.2 YPC and 38.8 % successful run % (good for 3rd worst in the league)?   The 3 first down catches on 20 targets?  The godawful pass blocking?  The pair of fumbles?

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Where did he impress you?   The lack of burst and speed?  The 3.2 YPC and 38.8 % successful run % (good for 3rd worst in the league)?   The 3 first down catches on 20 targets?  The godawful pass blocking?  The pair of fumbles?

He didn't impress me but he had a few decent gains and not all his fault. This year the offense has been stagnant. I wouldn't be surprised if he went to another team and plays better. 

they cut Bam for this...Bam still could have gotten hurt and went on IR and still have been more effective than this douche

I am still baffled how they cut MC w/o even trying to get anything back

I think they are letting Woody's son make these decision at the beer pong table

1 minute ago, SickJetFan said:

they cut Bam for this...Bam still could have gotten hurt and went on IR and still have been more effective than this douche

I am still baffled how they cut MC w/o even trying to get anything back

I think they are letting Woody's son make these decision at the beer pong table

Well you live in make believe land where Carter is a good and cook is washed. And bam I guess is better than both?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, long suffering jets fan said:

Without an offensive line, you can't run, or pass.  Look at what Breece and Hall have been reduced to this year.  

Yet Breece averaged 4.4 YPC and Dalvin’s was 3.2.  Funny how that works.  

Breece can also catch passes (6.2 yards per target this season).  Cook (3.9) cannot.  

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, jetswin said:

This is actually a nice thing for the team to do, it obviously didnt work out here, he didn't get much playing time and he could catch on with someone as insurance.  Maybe back up his little brother lol

Ty Johnson is providing better back up to his brother, than that washed up

waste of our cap could

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yet Breece averaged 4.4 YPC and Dalvin’s was 3.2.  Funny how that works.  

Breece can also catch passes (6.2 yards per target this season).  Cook (3.9) cannot.  

Ty Johnson 4.4 per carry and 7.8 a reception for his career

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

I didn't think Cook was that terrible. Some of this is on the blocking etc. like bad penalties mediocre Qb play that all added to making the offense ineffective. Izzy who probably will end up being OK also hasn't had any real standout performances and even Hall until recently was not having a great season. Some team who is in need of a RB in the playoff hunt might be interested in signing him cheap. 

I'm betting that UDFAs Keaton Mitchell & McLaughlin are better runners than Izzy