Bryce Huff: “I want to find a scheme that uses me as an every down player”

32 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Jets should’ve locked Huff up last year and should’ve never drafted McDonald. This franchise is an absolute joke. 

Huff is one of my favorite players on the team. How can someone not root for him? 

Let's. Not pretend one prevents the other or dependent on the other. I wish we locked him up too, but McDonald has nothing to do with it.

8 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Let's. Not pretend one prevents the other or dependent on the other. I wish we locked him up too, but McDonald has nothing to do with it.

Why else would they draft McDonald? It makes absolutely no sense. If you’re at least going to draft him, trade back 10-15 spots because he still would’ve been there. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

9 hours ago, Ghost said:

Jets should’ve locked Huff up last year and should’ve never drafted McDonald. This franchise is an absolute joke. 

Huff is one of my favorite players on the team. How can someone not root for him? 

what was his pressure rate this year?   it was crazy high percentage last year

7 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

We could have extended Huff and drafted Addison.  Now we are celebrating trading our best Edge Rusher since Abe for a second round pick 

We used a #1 draft pick to draft his replacement too.  And we traded down 2 picks, which cost us Broderick Jones, who we really needed.  

* sigh *

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, sirlancemehlot said:

Disagree.  Huff's game is edge speed with great hand punch and swipe.  He's also thickened up to add a bullrush.  The kid is a complete player and has been the last two years.  His numbers are better than anyone else on the Jets when it comes to winning his assignments and that includes JJ and JFM who have the same interior DL. He's got a top 10 win rate on pass rush reps and that's ahead of Bradley Chubb, Trey Hendrickson, Brian Burns, Chase Young, Nick Bosa...

The guy is an elite player who we've been told can't play the run.  Except he can.  And has. That's earned him increased 1st and 2nd down reps through he last five games.  Bottom line: the kid should have been on the field more, and many here knew it.  Now it'll cost us a top Edge rusher because we didn't value him as we would have a high draft pick.  That's myopic and foolish.

That's JD and Saleh. In addition to foolish and myopic, they are arrogant and stubborn fcks. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

It has everything to do with it.  Its allocation of resources.    Had the Jets drafted a T or offense in the first last year.  You could make a case to pay Huff.  
Joe reached for 2nd round prospect McDonald precisely to replace Huff. 
it’s mind boggling poor management.  Last offseason for Joe Douglas was so bad that’s it’s hard to believe he wasn’t purposely sabotaging the team. 

• Upvote 3

On 1/7/2024 at 6:19 PM, Jets723 said:

Yeah as much as I like Huff we can’t keep fishing out huge contracts on the defense when we obviously need to focus on improving the offense in the short window we have with AR.  I think the Jets tag and trade Huff

Especially when you use a first round pick on a DL almost every yr lol.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, sirlancemehlot said:

Disagree.  Huff's game is edge speed with great hand punch and swipe.  He's also thickened up to add a bullrush.  The kid is a complete player and has been the last two years.  His numbers are better than anyone else on the Jets when it comes to winning his assignments and that includes JJ and JFM who have the same interior DL. He's got a top 10 win rate on pass rush reps and that's ahead of Bradley Chubb, Trey Hendrickson, Brian Burns, Chase Young, Nick Bosa...

The guy is an elite player who we've been told can't play the run.  Except he can.  And has. That's earned him increased 1st and 2nd down reps through he last five games.  Bottom line: the kid should have been on the field more, and many here knew it.  Now it'll cost us a top Edge rusher because we didn't value him as we would have a high draft pick.  That's myopic and foolish.

44888C6A-3D16-4D42-9F88-9B5AAEB650D7.gif

On 1/19/2024 at 12:04 AM, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Of course it does - you can only put so many resources/ money  of your cap in one position , without hurting the ability to address other areas of need.  Take in point the Raiders are in similar position .   They have big money invested in MAXX Crosby , they drafted Tyree Wilson at 7 ( coming off injury was always going to take a year) , and Malcolm Koonce - is going on his last year before he’s an unrestricted Fa - exploded on the scene since Pierce took over,  and established himself the clear starter opposite Crosby. ( Raiders have to pay him,  or they become in same boat as the jets are now.   

The point is you can only pay so many at one position than you have to fill the other spots with late round picks,  or old veterans not costing much to fill the depth there.  

• Upvote 2

On 1/19/2024 at 5:51 AM, Ghost said:

Why else would they draft McDonald? It makes absolutely no sense. If you’re at least going to draft him, trade back 10-15 spots because he still would’ve been there. 

Doubtful he would have been there. In the draft especially at one you have to take your guy m8

18 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

It has everything to do with it.  Its allocation of resources.    Had the Jets drafted a T or offense in the first last year.  You could make a case to pay Huff.  
Joe reached for 2nd round prospect McDonald precisely to replace Huff. 
it’s mind boggling poor management.  Last offseason for Joe Douglas was so bad that’s it’s hard to believe he wasn’t purposely sabotaging the team. 

You can have more than one good player. If McDonald is your guy you take him. Even if you already have good players there. I.e. look at sauce situation.

My point that you seemed to have missed was that we could have signed huff and still signed him. 

The idea that he was a second rounder is not something many people would agree with.

Joe had done a remarkable job I know your upset Rodgers got hurt the team didn't do well this year but you should focus on at least identify the actual issues that are making you upset. Huff and Douglas are not the cause. Freak injury and bad OC are.

7 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Of course it does - you can only put so many resources/ money  of your cap in one position , without hurting the ability to address other areas of need.  Take in point the Raiders are in similar position .   They have big money invested in MAXX Crosby , they drafted Tyree Wilson at 7 ( coming off injury was always going to take a year) , and Malcolm Koonce - is going on his last year before he’s an unrestricted Fa - exploded on the scene since Pierce took over,  and established himself the clear starter opposite Crosby. ( Raiders have to pay him,  or they become in same boat as the jets are now.   

The point is you can only pay so many at one position than you have to fill the other spots with late round picks,  or old veterans not costing much to fill the depth there.  

Look ill give you great credit, on good coach decision to drop what's his name and promote and now sign the new guy. Crosby is also an excellent player.

But we could have signed huff and extended him and still sign McDonald. Alot of people forget you don't really know who will be there and joes approach is to take premium in first round. 

You can be stacked in a area and still draft and sign guts there. Especially if it is the srength of your team.

Look it's not really hard to understand, huff is playing great it won't be nice to lock him up. McDonald was the pick, seperate of that situation 

Huff: "I want to be an every down player"

Translation: If I call myself an everydown player, I am trying to boost my value in free agency. 

What do you think he's going to say? Im cool with my part-time role? Of course not. That limits his free agency market and $$ potential. 

On 1/18/2024 at 11:31 PM, Ghost said:

For me that’s not it, the players fought very hard for free agency to do exactly what he plans to do, control his path. He’s made it obvious he’s going to the highest bidder and that’s fine.  It’s unrealistic to expect the jets to give a situational pass rusher a huge deal after his performance in 2022 of 3.5 sacks. 

On 1/20/2024 at 6:22 AM, Raideraholic said:

O Captain! My Captain!

Bryce Huff: “I want to find a scheme that uses me as an every down player”

CJ Uzomah: “I want to collect a playbill from every show on Broadway.”

Mekhi Becton: “I want to prove the 12-year old trolls on Twitter wrong.”

Zach Wilson: “I don’t want to play, because I might get hurt.”

There’s more…

For all the talk about culture, it seems like they shun the guys that want to ball and make excuses and give more rope to the guys that hurt the culture and team.

• Post of the Week 1

Jets logic: 

Let your best 25 year old pass rusher go becasue he is too expensive and one dimensional in your mind.  Can only rush the passer.

Keep handing your 31 yer old ILB 17 million a year even though he is totally one dimensional and easily replaced.  Can only make some tackles if kept clean y the dline, can;t blitz, can;t cover at all

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Jets logic: 

Let your best 25 year old pass rusher go becasue he is too expensive and one dimensional in your mind.  Can only rush the passer.

Keep handing your 31 yer old ILB 17 million a year even though he is totally one dimensional and easily replaced.  Can only make some tackles if kept clean y the dline, can;t blitz, can;t cover at all

I said in another thread this week that Huff will be the bone this offseason to Saleh and Ulbricth. Pretty much everything else will go to AR and the O. As it should.

• Upvote 2