Saleh end of season press conference (live now)

Just now, T0mShane said:

Saleh: Everyone did great and fine and it’s unfortunate we didn’t win the Super Bowl this year, but stuff happens <microphone picks up the sound golf shoes clicking on the tile floor beneath Saleh>

Garrett Wilson: This is the worst year I’ve ever experienced in football. Everyone here sucks. 

I couldn't decide between the laughing emoji and the POTW emoji.  Sometimes there is so much truth in humor.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

The Jets do not coach these guys to speak candidly.

It's garbage bag day.  This is always when the kimono opens.  And FWIW, the Rodgers quote at the end of his presser about cutting out the "bullsh*t" was far more incendiary than anything Garrett said.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

If the Jets had a really strong executive in charge of football operations, they’d very likely fire Saleh based solely in this press conference alone. This was every bit as bad as the infamous Idzik presser.

Saleh is a disgrace of a HC.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

I'm not Saleh fan but what does anyone expect to be said from these press conferences that will make them feel better? He does sound like a dunce in these always so don't expect anything different.

"I resign" would work great.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Wilson getting himself traded lol

disaster currently unfolding 

Actually, the nice thing about never being in contention is that there really AREN'T any real disasters.

What's losing Garrett Wilson going to do? Make the offense suck?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Just watched his PC and it's exactly why I don't base opinions on tweets.  It was completely fine no idea why anyone whining.  Even the line about taking the next step was said as if we expected to take the next step but didn't.  He didn't say anything crazy.  

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, HighPitch said:

7 wins without rodgers.

may have been 10 with him and a playoff spot

Next year we will really know what sally and jd are all about

7 wins last couple of years with zach and sh*t as QB.   is that really so bad?

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, derp said:

I think for a team with limited assets and a short window, devoting serious capital to one pass catcher moves the needle more than one OL - where a whole lot of help is needed. So I think it's good there's some awareness there. But I also believe this regime is at a time that they're going to bring in someone on the downside of their career rather than a young player to accomplish that and it won't go well.

I genuinely believe there's very little chance that the OL gets fixed this offseason. Problems with coaching and asset allocation.

perhaps the blame needs to be on JD for overpaying for AR?  how would the team have been with a OT instead of W Mcdonald?  any different?

• WTF? 1

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

If the Jets had a really strong executive in charge of football operations, they’d very likely fire Saleh based solely in this press conference alone. This was every bit as bad as the infamous Idzik presser.

Saleh cribbed this https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=mcafee&ei=UTF-8&p=otter+animal+house+court&type=E211US978G0#id=52&vid=12723e1c3fbd4dfc2356682730a47bb8&action=click

29 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

what would a non disgrace of a HC get out of this roster?

how many games would a good HC have won this year?

I don't know.  How did Kevin Stefanski and Mike Tomlin do, having dealt with very similar situations?

And how did Brian Daboll do with a QB who was far more focused on marketing himself (before his 15 minutes of fame were up) rather than playing QB?

• Upvote 3

"Took the next step" WTF???

Last season: scored 296 points, allowed 316 points.

This season: scored 268, allowed 355.

Same record as last season despite a much easier schedule (-0.6 SoS this season vs 2.0 SoS last, ProFootballReference), and this guy has the balls to say they improved??

I gotta give it to him, he's doing everything he can to get fired.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, nj meadowlands said:

It's garbage bag day.  This is always when the kimono opens.  And FWIW, the Rodgers quote at the end of his presser about cutting out the "bullsh*t" was far more incendiary than anything Garrett said.

Exactly,  and added that "everyone" in the Org will be on the HOT seat next year... ya think dude.  I hope they get rid of Keith Carter he is the worst.