Joe Douglas press conference is LIVE (Jets are not streaming it)

21 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Will McDonald will be 25 next season and you hope he becomes what Huff already is at 26 next season. Absolutely backwards way of doing things. The jets way. 

He’s shown flashes and is a 1st round pick on a rookie deal. The only way he’ll get significant reps is if jj or huff get hurt. You want to to keep riding the pine? Look at the ravens. They let guys like huff go and are completely fine after 

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Allen had 17.5 sacks and played 880 snaps vs 480 for Huff.

Allen is a franchise De quality price guy, Huff?   I'll be shocked if the jets franchise him and there is no incentive at all for Huff to sign and then get traded.

We’ll see what happens! 

35 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Tagging will cost a huge amount of money, teams are not going to pay the tag number for him and a 2nd rounder imo.

Tagging for a DE is like 20 million no?

OTC projected it at $23M+ to franchise a DE. Before even getting into the fair question of anyone else's willingness to take that on, I have no clue where the Jets would get that money from just to do it. Plus how much more they'd need for FA, when they currently don't have enough to just fill out the roster.

I have little doubt they'd prefer to tag and trade, it just may not even be possible.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

He’s shown flashes and is a 1st round pick on a rookie deal. The only way he’ll get significant reps is if jj or huff get hurt. You want to to keep riding the pine? Look at the ravens. They let guys like huff go and are completely fine after 

Comparing the Jets to the factory up in Baltimore is silly. Name the players the Ravens have let go and “been fine” after. Point is the McDonald was a luxury pick on a broke down roster. Like when Xhibit would “pimp” rides with nintendos but leave the 100K mile engines untouched. 

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Huff getting injured isn't going to matter in 2024

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Comparing the Jets to the factory up in Baltimore is silly. Name the players the Ravens have let go and “been fine” after. Point is the McDonald was a luxury pick on a broke down roster. Like when Xhibit would “pimp” rides with nintendos but leave the 100K mile engines untouched. 

Holy Hell, I watched that show and always thought the same thing. HAHA

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Chuck Clark!

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

OTC projected it at $23M+ to franchise a DE. Before even getting into the fair question of anyone else's willingness to take that on, I have no clue where the Jets would get that money from just to do it. Plus how much more they'd need for FA, when they currently don't have enough to just fill out the roster.

I have little doubt they'd prefer to tag and trade, it just may not even be possible.

PFF has his value at 3/$40M, so I'm sure teams will be lining up at $23M!

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, RJIII said:

This team will never be worth a shït until woody woodpecker is forced to sell and new leadership takes over. He's such a fücking dud and unqualified to run a football franchise. 

Woody Woodpecker Reaction GIF

Gave u post of the week but u really deserve post of the year

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, RJIII said:

This team will never be worth a shït until woody woodpecker is forced to sell and new leadership takes over. He's such a fücking dud and unqualified to run a football franchise. 

Woody Woodpecker Reaction GIF

17 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Gave u post of the week but u really deserve post of the year

Woody paid 635 m’s for this franchise and it’s now worth 6.1 bill.

What we really need is for everyone to stop spending money on this org until we get the needed change.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Tagging will cost a huge amount of money, teams are not going to pay the tag number for him and a 2nd rounder imo.

Tagging for a DE is like 20 million no?

It is but it’s happened before and teams will compete for a chance to get him.  These types of players don’t grow on trees.  

A few tag and trades recently at the Edge position in the past few years involved Frank Clark, Ngakoue, Clowney and Dee Ford.

Devante Adams was tagged and traded for 2 firsts when everyone knew GB didn’t have enough salary cap to re-sign him.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, peekskill68 said:

Woody is going all in on this Dream Team, isn't he?

I'm looking for a growth curve here and I'm not seeing it.  Can anyone say Saleh is clearly better as a HC in Year 3 than he was as a rookie?  Has he learned/grown, or is he the same slogans-based, stair runner coaching an undisciplined team that seems stuck in the same gear?  

well he won 3 more games than his rookie year. he beat some tough teams too. Eagles, Bills, Broncos, Texans, and was a fumble away from beating the Chiefs.

i just want to see him with a QB who is not the worst ever. only way we can really see what Saleh is.

• Upvote 1