We are not going anywhere, not next year or the year after...time to face facts

2 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Or maybe the O-line was putrid because there was no General out there letting them know their assignments and when they need to change.

How many times do you see Mahomes (yes Rodgerd does the same thing for a decade) literally walk up to the line and scream at his O-line hey 48 is coming not once like 7 times then adjusts the hot route to absolutely expose the open area the blitz came from while one of his O-line guys picks up said blitzer to slow him just enough to get the ball out.

Not one Jets QB could do this since Favre heck maybe he couldn’t even do it might have been Pennington.

They had Mangold who was able to adjust but it’s just not the same if it isn’t coming from the QB.

That is the most important thing Rodgers will bring to this team next season period.

Now will he still be physically capable to play at high level to keep up with his brain?

I think so, but time will tell.

How many times have you seen Mahomes get away from a pass rush and absolutely clown teams that lost containment putting a decent pass rush on him.  Rodgers isn't going to make any pass rushers worry about containment.

Teams are going to want to move Rodgers off his spot.  They are afraid to move Mahomes off his spot.

53 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Just FYI I've ranked the offensive lines in the league weekly for 14 years and I've never seen a group go from bottom 5 to top 5 in a year 

Usually when a team replaces multiple starters (as the Jets are about to do) those starters need to gel. You might replace both tackles and a guard and get to mid table by the end of the season or something 

This idea they can just swap out the line and it's gonna be awesome is a pipe dream

Especially with Keith Carter coaching 

Becton has a very high ceiling.  We can run the OL back as is and if it stays healthy with Rodgers mobility SB.

• Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

Just FYI I've ranked the offensive lines in the league weekly for 14 years and I've never seen a group go from bottom 5 to top 5 in a year 

Usually when a team replaces multiple starters (as the Jets are about to do) those starters need to gel. You might replace both tackles and a guard and get to mid table by the end of the season or something 

This idea they can just swap out the line and it's gonna be awesome is a pipe dream

They don’t need to go from bottom five to top five.  They need to go from bottom five to middle ten.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

Jets are gonna have $50-60m in salary cap space, that's plenty for FA. We have missed on 2nd round picks for like 15 straight years, I'm sure trading that pick for a HoF QB - even coming off that injury will net better value than Devin Smith, Stephen Hill, Marcus Maye, Elijah Moore, Denzel Mims combined.

Breece hall a miss? Tipp? Maybe they shouldn’t draft receivers in the second round.

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

But if JD spends all offseason upgrading the offense (tbd if that happens), despite knowing AR8 is going to be back next year then what does it say about what he thinks of the supporting cast that ZW played under this past year?

In other words, if the only problem was ZW then there would be no reason to feel like he'd need to badly upgrade the rest of the offense.

i dont think were getting what you think were getting on offense. yeah LT needs to be upgraded, but the WR wont be any big name. Lazzard will still be #2.

some comparrisons

Zach Wilson 

W-L.... 4-7

Sack % 11.1

avg offense yards .. 277

avg points ....16.3 ppg

1st downs.. 15.1

Trevor Sieman

W-L ...2-1

Sack % ...5.0 

Avg Offense yards.  ..331

avg Points.... 22.3

1st  Downs... 18.6

Sieman sucks. and Zach put up better personal numbers but when your talking about the team around him the offense did better with Sieman than Zach.

the OL gave up half the sacks with Sieman, and Sieman had more pass attempts (38 pg) than Zach (33 pg).

and to be fair i didnt count the Miami game cause he got hurt early.

Zach was a HUGE problem. there is no doubt if Rodgers played 17 games we might still be playing.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, rangerous said:

I think they’ll be able to find the space. Von miller is likely done.  As long as they can keep Allen and diggs this team will be a contender.

I think Von Miller is supposed to have a big dead cap hit.

39 minutes ago, rangerous said:

I think they’ll be able to find the space. Von miller is likely done.  As long as they can keep Allen and diggs this team will be a contender.

Diggs was invisible the second half of the year - wouldn’t be surprised if they move off him 

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

They don’t need to go from bottom five to top five.  They need to go from bottom five to middle ten.

Look around at the four teams left they all have top ten lines. Det and Kcc are top 5 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

Just watching these playoff games, it's apparent that we are so woefully behind being competitive to the Chiefs, Ravens, Bills, even the Browns in games that really matter. Our offensive schemes, OL, lack of quality receivers, an incompetent GM and HC, poor drafting, a ghastly OC, a 40 year old rickety QB, not to mention Woody. To think that we have even have a sliver of hope that this gets turned around in Rodger's tenure here is delusional. To top it off, we traded away our 2nd rounder and have so many needs and a bloated salary cap with a plethora of dead weight. There's no way we catch up with this regime. at the helm  Prove me wrong.

Think you right but this more Woody's doing forcing a 40 year old QB then him bringing his buddy's with him think this team was doing good another year of a decent draft a solid veteran QB like Minshew Mayfield and retaining White would have turned it around but the n Woody got involved and regressed this franchise. It will only get worse if next year is a disaster. Massive cap hit from Rogers retiring  no QB of he future new staff. Could take another 5 to 10 years to turn the ship.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

1 minute ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

What about the final 8? Curious. I know Texans have a pretty good OL, idk about the rest. 

Detroit, Baltimore, SF and KC have arguably the top four lines in the league.  Buffalo, Houston, GB and TB all seemed serviceable and held their own.

KC's tackles have been suspect but in the playoffs Andy is a wizard and Mahomes is nearly impossible to sack.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, nyjets1969 said:

Think you right but this more Woody's doing forcing a 40 year old QB then him bringing his buddy's with him think this team was doing good another year of a decent draft a solid veteran QB like Minshew Mayfield and retaining White would have turned it around but the n Woody got involved and regressed this franchise. It will only get worse if next year is a disaster. Massive cap hit from Rogers retiring  no QB of he future new staff. Could take another 5 to 10 years to turn the ship.

Nailed it.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, nyjets1969 said:

If it wasn’t Rodgers it was always going to be Wilson anyways. 

58 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

These playoffs showed me the complete opposite of what the OP stated.

Dolphins are paper tigers unable to play in Dec/Jan

Bill WILL always choke. 

It is right there for the Jets. 

The NFL changes a lot from year to year.  How do we know teams like the Texans or Jaguars won't be very good next year?  How about the Chargers potentially under Harbaugh?   Meanwhile, the Jets have a lot of rebuilding to do.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, bitonti said:

Not necessarily disagreeing but I think there's a lot that make our situation different.

For starters a couple guys just need to stay healthy for us to be better. So that's not us needing new players.

And we also are desirable for vets who want to win. So as an example... a guy like Tyron Smith could be persuaded to come here when most teams that are bottom 5 don't have the desirable trait to get good vets in the door.

7 minutes ago, OMA said:

Detroit, Baltimore, SF and KC have arguably the top four lines in the league.  Buffalo, Houston, GB and TB all seemed serviceable and held their own.

KC's tackles have been suspect but in the playoffs Andy is a wizard and Mahomes is nearly impossible to sack.

Serviceable is what we're aiming for lol.

I know Jet fans here think he's "shot" but Rodgers will give this team a chance next year. It's more so can him and Hackett get on the same page like they once did. The rest will fall in to place. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The NFL changes a lot from year to year.  How do we know teams like the Texans or Jaguars won't be very good next year?  How about the Chargers potentially under Harbaugh?   Meanwhile, the Jets have a lot of rebuilding to do.  

Lions could maybe win it all this year. But I am very curious to see how they do once Ben Johnson takes off. That was a huge part of what made them take the next step.

3 hours ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

I see a lot of posts along this thread that purport we only need a #2 WR and another lineman and then we are good to go. I find this to be a mantra of the delusional who have bought into this throwaway line in order to ignore reality. We are so much further from fixing this team than just those 2 items. Our #1 WR is plotting an exit, AVT is officially injury prone, they're going to let Huff walk away, no #2 pick in the draft and all of this is supposed to be remedied how? FA? Add to that you just know Saleh is going to be hovering around JD's butt on draft day to give him some defensive players as he usually does re the panic pick of McDonald. No, it's much deeper than that my friends.

Garrett Wilson isn’t leaving, not without a heavy compensation if it came to that. He just doesn’t want an MiLF hunger throwing passes. And yeah, AVT is injury prone. But I did say we need to stay healthy to be competitive. If depth is tested, we are doomed even with a Rodgers in his prime. And that is assuming we keep the key players intact (Huff). I do feel Huff will want a massive deal and the numbers won’t make sense for our cap situation. You gotta move on and let some of the other first rounders earn some back. Need to invest more at WR. Also draft 2 QB on day 3. No current QB is worth keeping and you draft 2 QB each year until you hopefully luck into one. Purdy could’ve been a Jet if we followed the simple plan of drafting QBs relentlessly.

Anyways, I’m no delusional. I’m hopeful. And I have my reasonings. I don’t trust this regime but I do feel we have some players that can help us play some competitive games in January. Mostly hanging my hat on AR. 

2 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

I think 9-8 or 10-7 is the best the Jets can do in 2024.  Likely one and done if they squeak into the PS.

Why? They had a plenty-hard schedule the way things looked at the time - especially in that first month-plus - and finished 7-10.

If the OL and QB are on the field, over the league's worst QB + 15 different combinations of backup starters on the OL, why would that only mean a max 2-3 game difference over a 17-game season?

Heading into the '23 offseason I wonder what the ceiling prediction would've been for lots of playoff teams this year, including Detroit, the Rams, Houston, post-Brady Tampa, and Cleveland (even without their own injury woes, in the only division with no sub-.500 teams). 

There's plenty of opportunity for more than 9-10 wins. The opponent list isn't even bad. 

• Upvote 2