Russini and Rosenblatt: 2023 Jets a dysfunctional mess; Saleh paranoid, Hackett lazy, Zach a tittybaby

1 minute ago, rex-n-effect said:

“As far as what we have going on here, I kind of live by the saying, ‘If you ain’t got no haters, you ain’t poppin’, so hate away,” Saleh said.

Losing no playoff teams only haters are their fans and the local media.

The rest of the league loves you becasue you are lousy and no threat.

How about we get the rest of the league to hate this team for a change Robert.

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

That was Boyle. White was better and ownership had no choice once it was clear. The Wilson refused to play so they had to go with Simien, who was also better. 

MFW was last year, though, when ZW actually did stink.

Siemian was not better than ZW, imo.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Losing no playoff teams only haters are their fans and the local media.

The rest of the league loves you becasue you are lousy and no threat.

How about we get the rest of the league to hate this team for a change Robert.

i think you nailed the 2024 slogan

All gas - no poppin 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

And some people were suggesting Scot McLoughan as GM.  When he was in Washington his wife replied to one of Russini's tweets "How many BJ's did you give for that story?" 

Scot McLoughlan really likes the juice, but he is an incredible judge of football talent.  The 49ers are still benefiting from it.

JD could not hold his coffee cup in terms of scouting.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, varjet said:

Scot McLoughlan really likes the juice, but he is an incredible judge of football talent.  The 49ers are still benefiting from it.

JD could not hold his coffee cup in terms of scouting.  

Hogan, Mcloughlan. Russini certainly has a type.

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think ZW kept getting put back in because the Jets saw how awful the QBs they had behind him were.

That part was by design.  For 3 years.  

And even then say what you will about Siemian but he got the ball out quick and avoided sacks.  More than anyone can say about the boy wonder.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

What's the endgame here? Do you want us to stipulate that sports reporters are sleazy and sensationalistic? I don't think anyone here will argue with that. I also think it's weird to fixate on whether or not said reporters have Saleh's birthday memorized rather than the fact, very much in evidence, that the entire organization is rotten from the top down. That Josina Anderson tweet is a perfect example. The franchise is coming off a disastrous season and they're all in their feelings because Zach Rosenblatt ruined Saleh's trip to Chuck E. Cheese? Loserdom emanates off this team like stink lines. Kind of hard for me to drum up any outrage about the fact that Saleh maybe didn't actually literally threaten to take anyone's phone away.

Yep, let the Jets take their medicine. 

If they are so pissed about being a laughingstock, let them show us on the field next year, if they can. 

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

What's the endgame here? Do you want us to stipulate that sports reporters are sleazy and sensationalistic? I don't think anyone here will argue with that. I also think it's weird to fixate on whether or not said reporters have Saleh's birthday memorized rather than the fact, very much in evidence, that the entire organization is rotten from the top down. That Josina Anderson tweet is a perfect example. The franchise is coming off a disastrous season and they're all in their feelings because Zach Rosenblatt ruined Saleh's trip to Chuck E. Cheese? Loserdom emanates off this team like stink lines. Kind of hard for me to drum up any outrage about the fact that Saleh maybe didn't actually literally threaten to take anyone's phone away.

Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That part was by design.  For 3 years.  

And even then say what you will about Siemian but he got the ball out quick and avoided sacks.  More than anyone can say about the boy wonder.

You mean Sack Wilson? 

• Post of the Week 1

45 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

The franchise is coming off a disastrous season and they're all in their feelings because Zach Rosenblatt ruined Saleh's trip to Chuck E. Cheese?

Great post..with the Chuck E Cheese reference.  Been there, done that. 😂 

4 hours ago, NYJCAP2 said:

I think there’s a difference between cap spending and cash spending here.

Woody wouldn’t invest another $1-4M in an insurance policy on Rodgers, why would he spend $4-8M on a 2nd/3rd stringer. That’d be The most expensive QB run in the league.

IMG_0586.jpeg

IMG_0583.jpeg

What a stupid team with a collection of stupid people operating it. I’m glad they lost the money. 

6 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Going after Zach like Moore and Boyle did was an immediate ticket off the team. Woodys relationship with Wilson has undermined everything in the organization. Everything else is noise.

Moore and Boyle (assuming he was the leak on the Zach story, which you seem to be) damaged the whole team by their actions, even more than they damaged Zach.  Getting rid of them was absolutely the right move.

6 hours ago, Biggs said:

Yet Zach trade value, if he has any at all, is entirely based on the league wide view the Jets are a slap dick organization that failed him completely.

Think about it.  Thats JD's only rational pitch.

That pitch got a 2nd, 4th, and 6th out of Carolina for Sam Darnold.  The results of that trade for the Panthers will probably give teams contemplating an offer for Zach a little pause.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Going after Zach like Moore and Boyle did was an immediate ticket off the team. Woodys relationship with Wilson has undermined everything in the organization. Everything else is noise.

Didn't Moore go after the offensive coordinator? 

I remember both Cimini and Costello saying on podcasts that the Moore blowup emanated from the week 2 win over Cleveland, where Garrett Wilson had his first breakout game and Moore was barely targeted. Moore was hoping that he would get more targets once Wilson returned to the lineup (didn't play until week 4), and when that didn't happen, he cursed the OC out in practice. 

23 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I mean, for me really, it was always just about this.  You’re completely right in the sense that the Jets and Saleh deserve no benefit of the doubt.  My issue with the piece, as a whole, is exactly what you said.  This team has enough legitimate issues that can be reported on.  It doesn’t need to be twisted into mini tales that you would only expect to see in episodes of Curb Your Enthusiasm.  I guess I just expected more journalistic integrity.

I had the same issue with Manish Mehta, but at least Manish actually broke a personnel move, trade, free agent signing, etc., or two every now and then.  I mean seriously; take everything I’ve said out of the equation for a second.  You’re telling me that a guy who has, on more than one occasion, forgotten to tweet the final score of a game that he just covered, who can’t break a trade, can’t break a signing, can’t break a front office move, and pretty much just exists to just make sarcastic gameday remarks and tweets during training camp was able to find 30 legitimately vetted sources to help him write one of, if not, the biggest slam stories this multibillion dollar corporation has ever seen?

I guess we're just on different wavelengths. I don't really care if each individual anecdote is true. The overall thrust of the story sure seems accurate.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

31 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Yep, let the Jets take their medicine. 

If they are so pissed about being a laughingstock, let them show us on the field next year, if they can. 

Taking their medicine is fine.  Let them take their medicine for the issues on the field, losing, poor draft picks….the list can go on, there’s plenty they’ve done wrong.  Piling on them for this stuff is fair.

But they shouldn’t be taking their medicine for things that were fabricated and sensationalized in an obvious hit piece article.  Getting dragged for things that didn’t occur isn’t fair. 

• Post of the Week 1

Saleh's best line of defense as far as trying to prove he's not a pathetic loser HC is to argue he was "undermined" by Woody.

Basically, he'd have to go on record and say he wanted Hackett gone or at least demoted or never wanted him in the first place, which is never going to happen.

This entire mess flies in the face of the supposed "best culture in sports" (1JD springs more leaks than RMS Titanic after the iceberg) Joe Douglas has been pontificating about as his quasi-mission statement since the day he was hired.

• Post of the Week 1