The 4 stages of soon-to-be-fired HC's

Saleh is not what I would call another Jet failed HC.  What we have here is yet another result of Woody.  Let me say, once again.  The only thing common to all the failed regimes if you bother keeping track of them as they come and go is WOODY.

Saleh was allowed to take care of the defense.  The defense was the best part of the team. 

Keep looking up above the HC and GM to see the problem.  And that problem aint going away. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Saleh is not what I would call another Jet failed HC.  What we have here is yet another result of Woody.  Let me say, once again.  The only thing common to all the failed regimes if you bother keeping track of them as they come and go is WOODY.

Saleh was allowed to take care of the defense.  The defense was the best part of the team. 

Keep looking up above the HC and GM to see the problem.  And that problem aint going away. 

Phase 1 of this Debacle involved JD and Saleh trying to build a team.  Maybe Woody was the driving force behind picking Wilson.

During Phase 1, Saleh and the defensive coaches found good players and built a good defense. 

But the picks of Zach Wilson, Mims, Cam Clark, Becton and Moore, combined with AVT's injuries, just killed the offense.  

But the generational draft of 2022 basically gave Woody false hope.

Phase 2 of this Debacle was Woody bringing in AR8, Hackett and others, and basically destroyed the team.  Saleh is obviously having issues with managing the team in its current state.  

I am sure he wants to be fired, but he is not walking away from his contract. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Sorry guys.  This would've been a lot funnier if written by T0mShane.  But I tried my best here.

It was good! It’s just too raw right now because he exhibits all the signs but isn’t going to be fired. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Placing my bet he’s gone Monday. Senior Bowl and Pro Bowl are over then. Then boom…

That would go over well. Woody publicly tells them they're safe then fires them. Nobody would want to come here, especially after these reports claiming he needs to approve things.

8 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

There’s nothing funny about this piece of sh*t (salad). 

When Bonigno's podcast came out and I could hear the passion for golf in Saleh's voice I posted that he was NOT gonna be a successful HC.

This board killed me.  To his credit, with a decent QB, Jets maybe win 10 games, put us in the conversation with Texans, fins etc. But I do not believe he is a coach that can coach a team through a month of playoffs, let alone the final few weeks when we must win.

He will be outcoached.  

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Hex said:

That would go over well. Woody publicly tells them they're safe then fires them. Nobody would want to come here, especially after these reports claiming he needs to approve things.

We can probably get a 1st time HC who has been a DC for a year.  That or a ST coach like Joe Judge!

I gotta be honest, cant knock Saleh for his golf passions, it's not easy to be a scratch golfer and I'd prioritize my golf game over the Jets winning Football games w/out question.  

Curious if his game carriers though.  I know a lot of low handicaps who play the same course over and over again but when they take their game to a new course, they're suddenly shooting 10 over par.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 2

11 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Slogan Writers:
At the bottom are your "Slogan Writers".  A Slogan Writer is someone who talks a big game but is really full of hot air.  His career starts out innocently enough with optimistic phrases like "All Gas, No Brake" and "Positive vibes only".  He slowly builds confidence with the fans by adding semi-philosophical lines like "You're writing the story of your own life, never allow another man to hold the pen". 

As the losses start to pile up, however, he adds as much filler to press conferences as possible with phrases like "we have to take a look at the film" and "The path is crystal clear".  

When reporters start to really question him, he starts getting defiant and spews out lines like "we're taking receipts" while acting like he just graduated from BUD/S (despite taking exactly zero accountability for his own shortcomings). 

The more obvious it gets that he's a failure, he makes desperate attempts to confuse the public with bewildering lines like "Crows and Eagles" and "We took the next step this year".

The Slogan Writer is also big on vacuous displays such as running the stairs before games.

image.gif.89e3de904c744b24b05a21e5aef3d7fc.gif

Cheerleaders:

The next level of soon-to-be-fired HC's are "Cheerleaders".  A Cheerleader is someone who puts on grandiose displays (clapping, high-fiving, and running into the end zone like an idiot to celebrate with players).  He wants as much camera time as possible where he has a smile on his face in an attempt to win over the affection of the fans, players and upper management.  He's motivated by external factors such as the desire to say "we embarrassed the opposing QB" as well as the signing of a 2nd contract.

image.gif.1e5a7db3bed620c5acf847e2dc35c88e.gif

Excuse Makers:

The 3rd level of soon-to-be-fired HC's are "Excuse Makers".  An Excuse Maker is internally motivated to look for reasons why external factors are to blame.  "He wanted to see how teams led by the NFL’s best coaches performed when playing without their star quarterback. …That became Saleh’s battle cry as the Jets’ losses piled up and criticism mounted: What do you expect? We lost Aaron Rodgers,"

image.gif.f02403b3b570afcedf20300e70ae863b.gif

Frauds:

The final level of soon-to-be-fired HC's is the "Fraud".  A Fraud is someone who cares more about golf than football.  He wants the season to end early so he can work on his putting while hanging out with Joe Benigno.   A Fraud hopes that Aaron Rodgers can single-handedly save his job.

image.jpeg.61654815fcdfca7653c98049188832a0.jpeg

Why is that ladies driver bigger than her feet? 

Another point about saleh is, according to the athletic article, the team made its goal of seven wins after Rodgers went down.  I’d be interested to know where he got that number from.  I’d also be interested to know how many wins he thought the team was going to get with Rodgers.  I have a hard time thinking was going to get more than needed to et into the playoffs.

12 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Sorry guys.  This would've been a lot funnier if written by T0mShane.  But I tried my best here.

It was very good and far funnier than tom. tom peaked at JI circa 1999, now he is about as effective as aaron rogers :)

• Haha 1

Antonio Pierce, basically a poor man’s version of Mike Vrabel, is putting together a staff with an experienced DC (a pretty good one) and former HC OC.  

For what the Jets are, they will not find a better HC candidate than Mike Vrabel.  BB and Pete Carroll are cooked.   McCarthy could do it when he is fired, but maybe he is never fired if Quinn is gone (maybe that is why Quinn is gone).   Ben Johnson has only been a OC for a short time-he will not have the chops to make it in NY.  The Jets need an experienced HC.

With Vrabel as CEO/leader with a REAL OC, the Jets can be successful.  They can find a Tannehill-maybe AR8 is already that.  They have their Derrick Henry.

Put back the 3-4 defense, permanently, and bring in Vrabel.  Now. 

2 hours ago, JustInFudge said:

I gotta be honest, cant knock Saleh for his golf passions, it's not easy to be a scratch golfer and I'd prioritize my golf game over the Jets winning Football games w/out question.  

Curious if his game carriers though.  I know a lot of low handicaps who play the same course over and over again but when they take their game to a new course, they're suddenly shooting 10 over par.

I would think his game carries.  Isn't Saleh's thing to play at like 1,000 different courses (something like that)?