Former NFL GM Michael Lombardi DESTROYS New York Jets coach Robert Saleh!

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Asman 100% buys the narrative that the only thing wrong with the team is that Rodgers got hurt and that as soon as he comes back we will be in dancing in meadows with rainbows.  We would have been better off 2-15 this team was never in the playoff hunt last year

i believe that too. as i posted before every QB the last 2 years had half the sack percentage as Zach and that includes "old man" Flacco and slow as crap White. and Sieman who sucks too. 

i dont know about dancing in meadows with rainbows but i think we win 10 games as long as Rodgers plays. and that should get us in the playoffs.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Saleh not at the Senior Bowl. Won’t go to the combine. Scratch golfer. Toothpaste salesman. Stair runner. Spent his first season living in a hotel while renovating a mansion that needed to be gutted. It’s fair to ask what’s important to him and if football is actually it. He doesn’t seem to be all that committed. 

Haha, spent a year doing the reno.

That thing is probably gonna be up for sale in less then a year.

• Haha 4

I'm trying to think of any other franchise with a GM/HC with a massive losing streak, feeling 'safe' in their jobs. 

So many owners can their GM/HC after ONE really bad season, TWO at the most. We're going on FOUR with JD/Saleh, and everyone thinks they're totally safe. "Well, our star LT keeps getting freak injuries, so what you expect?". "Well, they ended up with Zack, so what you expect?". "Well, Rodgers got hurt, so what you expect?". Next year, "Well, our QB1 went down again, so what you expect? That's not JD/Saleh's fault". 

There always seems to be an excuse to cut JD/Saleh a ton of slack. Personally, I'd like to give JD another year to see how he does with just one draft pick per round. Last year it was Will McDonald (juries still out). We know JD did great when he had 4 top draft picks 2 years ago, but the ZW blunder....my god. The only defense JD has is that half the GMs woulda loved to trade up for him, so Z had a lot of ppl fooled. Maybe even Woody, which would explain a lot.

As far as Saleh, I would not be upset if he was canned for someone like Mike Vrable. (Just not an 'offense only' hands off HC). I'd like for JD to keep Ulbrich for DC, but with a new HC, he'd probably want his own staff (fair enough). Plus, if we send Saleh, his 14 kids, and his prayer rug packing, we might get the Flight Squad back!

But back to my first question....what other owner has cut his GM/HC this much slack, and publicly stated he wants them all back??? I can't think of a single one.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Currently on the market:

image.gif.aa2877d0b654cb0b9fdfafd6b2014137.gif

image.thumb.gif.e832d9d659b91b423711b067c46d3f58.gif

image.thumb.gif.e2cfad81326890cb7988f1d155888451.gif

And we’re sticking with Saleh

just because there on the market doesnt mean they would come here. Bill was suppose to be a lock in Atlanta and then that fell through. even Harbough interview for that job. twice.

if we fired Saleh i bet you make this same post with.......and we hired Ulbrich. 

17 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's a funny statement, but when you break it down, there's indirectly some truth there.

The Chiefs were able to hire Andy Reid back in 2013.  That didn't happen by accident.

The front office built a strong team and Andy Reid was able to win some playoff games with Alex Smith.  That didn't happen by accident.

Reid decided Smith wasn't enough.  He then traded up for Pat Mahomes, who wasn't exactly considered an automatic slam dunk pick by many/most at the time.  Reid then kicked Smith to the curb coming off a career year and handed the keys to Mahomes.  That also didn't happen by accident.

Strong ownership and front office brought Reid to KC.  Reid brought a QB in and won championships as a result.

Culture does matter.  And the owner establishes that culture.  But of course you still need the QB or you'll always have a missing piece.

It matters. But it’s established by winning. Chiefs were a mess for years before Reid got there. 

You can be tough, disciplined, players coach etc etc, but unless you back it up with wins, none of it matters. 

Rex changed the culture right? Had everyone believing. Until he didn’t win anymore. Then it was a circus again. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

It matters. But it’s established by winning. Chiefs were a mess for years before Reid got there. 

You can be tough, disciplined, players coach etc etc, but unless you back it up with wins, none of it matters. 

Rex changed the culture right? Had everyone believing. Until he didn’t win anymore. Then it was a circus again. 

Eric Mangini in 2008:  9 wins.

Rex Ryan in 2009:  9 wins.

Just saying.  Rex came here partly because he didn’t have much in the way of alternatives and also because we had a good roster already (Revis, Brick, Mangold, Harris, etc).  There was already a decent “culture” here prior to his arrival.  

No HC with options is coming here and that’s because if Woody Johnson.  Maybe we get lucky and hit on a first-time HC that was a DC one of these days.  Till then we’re spinning our wheels, and that falls on the owner.  

• Upvote 3

I'm trying to think of any other franchise with a GM/HC with a massive losing streak, feeling 'safe' in their jobs. 
So many owners can their GM/HC after ONE really bad season, TWO at the most. We're going on FOUR with JD/Saleh, and everyone thinks they're totally safe. "Well, our star LT keeps getting freak injuries, so what you expect?". "Well, they ended up with Zack, so what you expect?". "Well, Rodgers got hurt, so what you expect?". Next year, "Well, our QB1 went down again, so what you expect? That's not JD/Saleh's fault". 
There always seems to be an excuse to cut JD/Saleh a ton of slack. Personally, I'd like to give JD another year to see how he does with just one draft pick per round. Last year it was Will McDonald (juries still out). We know JD did great when he had 4 top draft picks 2 years ago, but the ZW blunder....my god. The only defense JD has is that half the GMs woulda loved to trade up for him, so Z had a lot of ppl fooled. Maybe even Woody, which would explain a lot.
As far as Saleh, I would not be upset if he was canned for someone like Mike Vrable. (Just not an 'offense only' hands off HC). I'd like for JD to keep Ulbrich for DC, but with a new HC, he'd probably want his own staff (fair enough). Plus, if we send Saleh, his 14 kids, and his prayer rug packing, we might get the Flight Squad back!
But back to my first question....what other owner has cut his GM/HC this much slack, and publicly stated he wants them all back??? I can't think of a single one.
When it comes to blame for the last 2 seasons the bulk of it is on JD. He handed Saleh this bag of sh*t. The fact that Saleh won 14 games the last two years with the WORST QB room in football is a nothing but short of amazing. But if you are hell bent on blaming Saleh, just ask yourself who hand picked the guy. That would be Douglas.

All of this is on Douglas. Imagine being handed Gase's 2 win roster and the biggest QB bust in the past 2 decades and being expected to win games. Who coaches the Jets to more than 7 wins this past season? I'm all ears.
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No HC with options is coming here and that’s because if Woody Johnson.  Maybe we get lucky and hit on a first-time HC that was a DC one of these days.  Till then we’re spinning our wheels, and that falls on the owner.  

Not saying Woody wouldn't need to pay up to entice someone to hop on this clown mobile,  but everyone has a price...

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Asman 100% buys the narrative that the only thing wrong with the team is that Rodgers got hurt and that as soon as he comes back we will be in dancing in meadows with rainbows.  We would have been better off 2-15 this team was never in the playoff hunt last year

I disagree. Fix the oline and make some noise with Aaron next season.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Maxman said:

I disagree. Fix the oline and make some noise with Aaron next season.

Yeah we are putting all our eggs in the Rodgers basket again next year.

Also I keep hearing how we don't have to fix the oline , it is fine, just need a better QB.

Just now, Beerfish said:

Yeah we are putting all our eggs in the Rodgers basket again next year.

Also I keep hearing how we don't have to fix the oline , it is fine, just need a better QB.

Nah, the offensive line needs to be fixed for sure. I think Carter Warren can make the pain a bit better. But anytime you need a starting left tackle and possibly two guards you are playing with fire.

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Saleh not at the Senior Bowl. Won’t go to the combine. Scratch golfer. Toothpaste salesman. Stair runner. Spent his first season living in a hotel while renovating a mansion that needed to be gutted. It’s fair to ask what’s important to him and if football is actually it. He doesn’t seem to be all that committed. 

I am shocked no one neg repped you but it is all relevant.  He is more concerned about his personal life. He technically now has enough money to live the rest of his life.  He seems to be driven by things other than a SB.