Chargers Hire Jets Director of Player Personnel Chad Alexander

1 hour ago, JetPotato said:

The two places I'd least like to live in are NJ and LA.

LA is also an abbreviation for Louisiana, add that to the list. I spent 2 luxurious years at Ft. Polk in Louisiana. Temps and humidity were both 95.

12 hours ago, oatmeal said:

It’s crazy that people directly involved with this front office are jumping ship but the gaslighters want to tell us that a 40 year old hippie and another JD offseason is the solution. 

God speed you gullible simpletons 

Independence Day Usa GIF by Broad City

Jumping ship? When RB coaches leave to become offensive coordinators for another team, is that jumping ship? The guy got a promotion on a team that just signed one of the best coaches. The guy is moving up the ranks, as what happens in the NFL everywhere.

and let’s be honest here, until this news was released, how many people even knew who this guy was? 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

As usual, there are two ways of looking at this:

• Other than the 2022 draft where the Jets made picks that some of us thought were easy and obvious (but they did outdraft other teams), I believe the general and statistical consensus is that the Jets have drafted mediocrely supported by this team of Rex and Chad.   I do note that:
    • Gareth was sitting there and was the result of the Falcons preferring Drake London, who is much bigger.
    • Sauce was a great pick, but also a Gettleman like pick where you pick the obvious most likely All Pro, even though you don’t fill the critical spots your team needs.
    • JJ2 is very good and so is Karlaftis.  
    • Breece is also obviously great, but it is possible he never plays on a team that wins 8 games 
  • But other than Woody saving money, who is now going to do the work here to sign FAs and find good draft picks?  Saleh is not scouting either.   Who is signing up for this mess.

I think Woody’s Lame Duck Plan is in the process of backfiring. 

• Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, NYDreamer said:

Yes, Alexander coming from Baltimore at that time was a great hire.  The other guy on our staff that I thought was a good hire was Savage who used to be a GM and ran the Senior bowl.  I believe he is still on staff as write this. 

Ah yes. Savage was a another big get for Douglas. I forgot about him. Looks like he is still on the team. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Ah yes. Savage was a another big get for Douglas. I forgot about him. Looks like he is still on the team. 

As the Great Bill Parcells said, "you are what your record says you are."

All of these big gets have not produced a great record.  Yes, it is better than the last program, and it feels better than the record.   But they still have not accomplished that they should have.  Most owners would have fired them already.

Why haven't they done better?  IMHO, because they have missed on the QBs and OL mostly, and then not focused on building a team-finding the right pieces to get right-as opposed to finding good players.  You don't need Breece hall if there is no one to block for him.  

BH is traded in 2025 after AR8 is done.  So likely is Garrett. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I just rewatched  1 Jets Drive on the past two drafts.  First I will say they really do a good job with that production.  Two:  I wanted to watch specifically the conversations that Rex and Alexander had during the process.  The conversations all seemed great to build in the trenches.  Unfortunately the results did not show.  I also looked to see who from our current staff might be next in line for a promotion to fill those roles:

1 hour ago, NYDreamer said:

I just rewatched  1 Jets Drive on the past two drafts.  First I will say they really do a good job with that production.  Two:  I wanted to watch specifically the conversations that Rex and Alexander had during the process.  The conversations all seemed great to build in the trenches.  Unfortunately the results did not show.  I also looked to see who from our current staff might be next in line for a promotion to fill those roles:

Everybody left are basically the guys that Mac/Idzik/Tanny left here.   Rex and Alexander were the "new blood."   The other guys are sleepy lifers that fill out forms.  

This ship is adrift in the water.  

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, GreenFish said:

Wow. Alexander and Hogan were the two big gets when Douglas formed his staff. Daniel Jeremiah talked up Alexander when we got him.

Those are the only two people I knew on Douglas’ staff and both are now gone.

Only high ranked left is director of college scouting. Dont know who that is but we’ll look him up.

You never heard of Phil Savage?   I don't think he was a big get since he was doing the Senior Bowl and AAF, but Savage is a pretty big name.  Former GM of the Browns with big roles under Ozzie in Baltimore and in Philly.  I don't know who you are talking about as Director of College Scouting, I think Savage is some kind of senior assistant.   I think the director of college scouting is Jon Carr.  I don't know much about him, but he has been here for awhile and came from the Texans.

• Upvote 2

Everybody left are basically the guys that Mac/Idzik/Tanny left here.   Rex and Alexander were the "new blood."   The other guys are sleepy lifers that fill out forms.  
Rex was here when Mac was here.

49 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
2 hours ago, varjet said:

Rex was here when Mac was here.

Rex Hogan

22 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Both Douglas and Saleh are lame ducks. I assume neither will be extended this offseason. I doubt they fill these roles. Saves Woody money anyways.

Would you like to wager on filling those roles?

free money if you are correct. 

12 hours ago, Joejet said:

So the rising star was responsible for recommending players like Hardman, Tomlinson, and Uzomah?

exactly. 

they kill JD for the FAs and some draft picks but now are crying that the 2 guys who helped with that are gone.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Douglas decided to go without an assistant gm.  Alexander chose to be assistant gm in San Diego.  You can’t fault a guy for taking a better job.  But maybe Douglas should’ve offered him the same position.  The past two drafts have been pretty darn good.  If Alexander had influence then maybe he should’ve been kept on.

Hogan and now Alexander.....this screams what we prob know

JD and Saleh prob pushed for extensions and were denied pretty promptly by Woody. The latest interviews with Woody oozes he is not happy with them. Anyone with a pulse sees a cleaning of the house coming in Jan 2025 unless the Jets go on a Super Bowl run....and it appears some are not willing to bet careers on that. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, rangerous said:

Douglas decided to go without an assistant gm.  Alexander chose to be assistant gm in San Diego.  You can’t fault a guy for taking a better job.  But maybe Douglas should’ve offered him the same position.  The past two drafts have been pretty darn good.  If Alexander had influence then maybe he should’ve been kept on.

Why be a lame duck here versus getting a fresh slate in San diego

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, rangerous said:

I get that but just because Douglas might go doesn’t mean Alexander would.  He might’ve been promoted to gm.

might!, thats a big word.

he going to a team with Harbaugh and Herbert over maybe getting promoted here with no HC if Saleh gets fired and no QB after next year with no replacement on the roster.

easy move.

there is a good chance the Chargers are very successful over the next few year which would raise his profile and make him a real hot candidate by 2027. plus he knows how Woody is and maybe doesnt want to work for him.