Justin Jefferson could be available via trade

5 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

Jefferson is like a Top 3 receiver in the NFL. "Available via trade" just makes the red flag light blink out of control.

Same franchise that traded prime Randy Moss and Stefan Diggs 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think we also need to ask why the Vikings would trade a guy of this caliber.  I would have to assume it's because he's a diva/head-case type.  

Money, no qb, and potential assets they can get in return. The return Jefferson could produce could speed up a rebuild significantly. Send him to the right team and he can easily bring back a couple of top 10 picks plus. KC traded Tyreek who got a 30 mill a year deal. We’ve already seen it happen. Cap just jumped, Jefferson could command 30-35 mill a year….hes a great player but that money could be used to fill 2-3 starters easily plus pick up a huge haul of draft capital.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

The best WR in the league is not worth the hassle? lol ok… and he’s a head case? I’ve never seen anything saying that, where’d you get that from?

Yeah, it’s pretty common for elite WRs to not really be worth the hassle if you follow NFL history. Guys who have massive egos and are never happy with their targets or contracts aren’t great for the locker room.

Garrett Wilson is awesome — I’d rather draft a rookie who can compliment him over trading tons of assets to make JJ the highest paid WR in history.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

I don’t think a WR has ever netted two 1s. Especially considering the team trading for his has to give him a record setting contract. When the Vikings traded Moss to the Raiders I believe it was just for one first rd pick. 

Tyreek trade is probably the closest we’ve seen in recent times, but Tyreek also had some off the field issues. Jefferson is only 25 vs Tyreek being around 27 too. Could throw in Deandre Hopkins but that was such an odd situation in Houston.

I can’t really think of a squeaky clean, top 3 WR hit the trade market before at such a young age. You extend Jefferson to a 5 year deal, you’re getting all prime years. Two 1’s seems pretty fair even if the contract would be a market setting one.

• Upvote 3

For the Jets this would have to be a player + a pick type of trade.  They simply don't have the Draft pick ammo to pull this off right now in my opinion.

Would you be willing to send one of the Jets Top 4 defenders plus next year's 1st or a 2nd for Jefferson?

I might.  The talent on this team is still a bit lopsided towards the defense.  And, the Jets can't part with #10 this year because this is a loaded OT class.  They need that 1st, even if they trade back a bit for the 4th or 5th best OT.

You could really force Saleh to put his money where his mouth is in terms of coaching D if you offered up QW or JJ in a trade.  On paper, the Jets have told us they're a team that gets the most out of defensive linemen, turning Huff into a star, drafting Will McDonald because they think by Year 2 he could be similar to JJ and replace Carl Lawson, etc.

If you TRULY want to jumpstart the Offense then you outfit the team with a WR1, WR1, WR3, and bypass trying to get a Calvin Ridley as your WR2.  JMHO.

4 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think we also need to ask why the Vikings would trade a guy of this caliber.  I would have to assume it's because he's a diva/head-case type.  

If he was, "that" would have made its way to the mainstream by now ... or it could be that he's going to be looking for a major payday & the Vikes aren't interested in that... next year he's an UFA.

18 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

For the Jets this would have to be a player + a pick type of trade.  They simply don't have the Draft pick ammo to pull this off right now in my opinion.

Would you be willing to send one of the Jets Top 4 defenders plus next year's 1st or a 2nd for Jefferson?

I might.  The talent on this team is still a bit lopsided towards the defense.  And, the Jets can't part with #10 this year because this is a loaded OT class.  They need that 1st, even if they trade back a bit for the 4th or 5th best OT.

You could really force Saleh to put his money where his mouth is in terms of coaching D if you offered up QW or JJ in a trade.  On paper, the Jets have told us they're a team that gets the most out of defensive linemen, turning Huff into a star, drafting Will McDonald because they think by Year 2 he could be similar to JJ and replace Carl Lawson, etc.

If you TRULY want to jumpstart the Offense then you outfit the team with a WR1, WR1, WR3, and bypass trying to get a Calvin Ridley as your WR2.  JMHO.

If the price was to tag and trade Bryce Huff plus #10 for Justin Jefferson, who says no?

sorry but i dont see this happening, doesnt make sense for both sides.

if we look at the Adams and Hill trades they both sign big money extensions right after the trade. in fact they were probably already done with the trade. but why would Jefferson sign an extension with us? we only have Rodgers for 2 more years and then most likely going the young unproven draft choice. not a situation i think Jefferson will want to go to. 

and our track record with drafted QBs is horrendous. no matter who is GM.

and Minn is going to want alot so we must sign him right away or its not worth it.

but we already have a Justin Jefferson. his name is Garett Wilson. and he is going to have to be paid by 2024 along with Hall, Sause and JJ. i dont think tying up 50 million dollars on 2 WR spot is wise. and before someone tells me that the cap goes up every year well so does the players salaries. what you would pay today for Jefferson it would be more a year from now.

2 hours ago, 83Kelly2Allen18 said:

I forgot about Randy

I still can't believe the Patriots with Brady got him for a 4th lol

Wtf

Moss was his usual pain in the ass, if not worse and was coming off a 500+ yard season under talk he was done.  
Turned out he just didn’t give a shlt with the Raiders 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, doitny said:

sorry but i dont see this happening, doesnt make sense for both sides.

if we look at the Adams and Hill trades they both sign big money extensions right after the trade. in fact they were probably already done with the trade. but why would Jefferson sign an extension with us? we only have Rodgers for 2 more years and then most likely going the young unproven draft choice. not a situation i think Jefferson will want to go to. 

and our track record with drafted QBs is horrendous. no matter who is GM.

and Minn is going to want alot so we must sign him right away or its not worth it.

but we already have a Justin Jefferson. his name is Garett Wilson. and he is going to have to be paid by 2024 along with Hall, Sause and JJ. i dont think tying up 50 million dollars on 2 WR spot is wise. and before someone tells me that the cap goes up every year well so does the players salaries. what you would pay today for Jefferson it would be more a year from now.

One injury and your career changes forever. Jefferson’s value is as high as it can be. I get this argument if he were in free agency. If he had his choice, this team wouldnt be high on his list. This isn’t an ideal situation. Hypothetically, Jefferson being traded here? with 2 years of team control at minimum? You take the money and reset the market with the team that trades for you. Really wouldn’t matter what team it is. You take the money. Too much money on the line to not sign an extension as soon as you can.

3 hours ago, 83Kelly2Allen18 said:

I forgot about Randy

Wtf

Pats traded for Randy Moss after he had 2 not so great years with Oakland. At the time of that trade, Randy Moss was viewed as a problem player that was falling off.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, 83Kelly2Allen18 said:

I forgot about Randy

Wtf

The Pats got him from the Raiders though.  

Vikings don't want to pay Jefferson a record breaking deal, and he may not want to stay if Cousins leaves.

4 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The Patriots traded for Randy Moss and turned into the most prolific offense in NFL history and went undefeated. There's more than one way to skin a cat, I am not a fan of these type of declarations of what is and is not fundamental to winning in the NFL.

Aaron Rodgers throwing to Jefferson & Wilson with Breece Hall coming out of the back field could potentially be one of the best offenses in league history. Of course they also need to upgrade o-line but that's a prolific skill group.

Add that to a top 5 defense and it's a Superbowl team provided the main characters stay healthy.

I agree. But I prefer the Patriots method of buying low, selling high. 

I just don't agree with giving up the farm for Jefferson. Plus Jefferson is really good, he's not Randy Moss

But I understand what you're saying

Maybe if it was just a first and some other middle rd picks

But I suspect they'll want more 

1 hour ago, extmenace said:

Pats traded for Randy Moss after he had 2 not so great years with Oakland. At the time of that trade, Randy Moss was viewed as a problem player that was falling off.

Its completely insane they didn't win the super bowl. Its the best team I've ever seen for one year

91 Washington team is up there along with the 98 Vikings

89 49ers

85 bears

But the 07 pats are the best I ever saw

56 minutes ago, extmenace said:

One injury and your career changes forever. Jefferson’s value is as high as it can be. I get this argument if he were in free agency. If he had his choice, this team wouldnt be high on his list. This isn’t an ideal situation. Hypothetically, Jefferson being traded here? with 2 years of team control at minimum? You take the money and reset the market with the team that trades for you. Really wouldn’t matter what team it is. You take the money. Too much money on the line to not sign an extension as soon as you can.

true but he does have a choice just like Adams and Hill did. that extension must be done and only need his signature before the trade or you dont do it. he could say no. then JD has to decide if he still wants to do it for just 2 years of control.

with the uncertainty at QB after 2 years it doesnt make sense for either party to do this. there will be plenty of teams who want him and will give him his money.