Which of the 4 scenarios are you vibin' with as of March 1

Choose an offseason   

36 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one

• Trade 3rd rnd pick for Jeudy, sign QB Drew Lock, Van Jefferson, draft Safety/LBs/IOL on day 3
    • Sign Curtis Samuel, Mariota, Gardner-Johnson, draft IOL Rnd 3, QB Pratt/J Travis Rnd 4, WR/Def late.
    • Sign Mike Evans, QB J. Dobbs, back 7 rotational veterans on defense. Draft Safety in round 3, LB rnd 4, IOL/WR late.
    • Sign C Connor Williams, WR Tyler Boyd, J Brisset, DJ Chark, Draft all Defense.

Assume the following: 

1. Marquee name OT in FA + 1st Rnd OT
  2. Zach Wilson is traded for a 5th
  3. Huff walks
  4. Aaron Re-injuries achilles at OTAs
  5. Kidding about #4

(intentionally not putting too many names on the draft, stave off prospect arguments)

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, 83Kelly2Allen18 said:

There's no reason to trade anything for a wr. The draft is loaded there. 

Sign fas to fill holes and if you're not going QB I'm taking Bowers. After that id still like a wr from this class and oline depth. Pretty much bpa after that 

They just need a speedy slot like the Ravens Flowers.  Lazard should bounce back with Rodgers back.  They can get Malik Washington in round 4, Cole Bishop safety in round 3, and a tackle in round 1. But now that they have moved on from Laken, they will need to sign a vet OL -  a guard and a tackle. OR, they can go vet LT, Tippman at LG, resign McGovern at center, AVT RG and draft a RT Fugua. or trade their #1 and get a 2nd rounder. A good tackle will be there like Guyton or Mims. 

OR vet LT, vet Zeiter @guard, Tippman at center, with McGovern backing him up, AVT at guard and rookie RT.  Then draft a guard or center in round 2 or 3 if they trade back.  We have lots of options.  JD just has to find a few top quality OL guys to slide in instead of these walking wounded types he's been messing with since being the GM.    

• Upvote 2

Those are all kinda gross, but I chose the fourth one because Williams/Brissett/Boyd is the best group of players. You can’t bring either Jeudy or CJGJ here because they’d both steamroll this coaching staff—particularly Jeudy, who quit on Hackett every time out. Connor Williams is a good player coming off a bad knee, so it’s possible the market for him would be weak enough for the Jets to have a chance. You add Connor Williams and Bakhtiari (🤮), sign Brissett for $8 mil, sign Boyd for $9? mil, and keep some powder dry if the Titans want to move DeAndre Hopkins post 6/1, and you got yourself a stew.

Your OL is Bakhtiari/AVT/Williams/Tippman/Fuaga. Receivers are Wilson/Hopkins/Boyd. 

• Upvote 3

I'm leaning towards signing Offensive Lineman Mike Onwnu to fill one of our needs. He is still young, plays well and has shown to be a dominant player.  This would be a pick up in the Parcells mold who would be an immediate impact for us. While I love ALT's game he will not be there at 10.  My feeling is at that spot not to be infatuated with one specific name, trade back, perhaps twice and get more picks.  Select  one of the other O line later (Morgan, Guytan, Paul, Fontinau), draft Kris Jenkins (DT), draft Braden Rice (WR), draft a young QB (Rattler/Pratt), draft safety (Williams (Miami) or Proctor (OSU), Draft Zinter (Guard). Hey Both Jamal Adams ad Marcus Maye are free agents if you want to try that again (LOL). Draft me a Mike Alstott type back in the later rounds as well.  Oh yes and re sign Bryce Huff and bring in Minshew or Brissett and give Corey Davis a call to come back.

That is what I am vibing. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

They just need a speedy slot like the Ravens Flowers.  Lazard should bounce back with Rodgers back.  They can get Malik Washington in round 4, Cole Bishop safety in round 3, and a tackle in round 1. But now that they have moved on from Laken, they will need to sign a vet OL -  a guard and a tackle. OR, they can go vet LT, Tippman at LG, resign McGovern at center, AVT RG and draft a RT Fugua. or trade their #1 and get a 2nd rounder. A good tackle will be there like Guyton or Mims. 

OR vet LT, vet Zeiter @guard, Tippman at center, with McGovern backing him up, AVT at guard and rookie RT.  Then draft a guard or center in round 2 or 3 if they trade back.  We have lots of options.  JD just has to find a few top quality OL guys to slide in instead of these walking wounded types he's been messing with since being the GM.    

Yup I agree with everything

Id simply attack the oline in free agency

Sign Trent Brown

Sign Jonah Jackson

Sign Bakhitari

Sign David Edwards

Resign Bryce Huff 

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I think the last choice because Brissett is my preferred option at QB and given what we’re trying to do this year vets on offense who are unlikely to mutiny are the guys you want.

I don't hate brissett id try to get a higher end backup tho. I want real insurance if Rodgers gets hurt for a few games 

9 hours ago, Paradis said:

Assume the following: 

3. Huff walks
  5. Kidding about #4

(intentionally not putting too many names on the draft, stave off prospect arguments)

You also intentionally put good and bad in each of the four options. I went with #3 just because I think that highly of what Mike Evans can do for this offense individually as well as what he'll open up for others in both the run and pass game, but I don't like anything else in #3, and I don't love any of the others enough to squander Mike Evans.

Right now I think we have 8 draft picks but Douglas unlikely we end up with 8 but lets say we do after getting a pick for Wilson and moving around a bit.

Two Wide Receivers

Two olineman

Developmental QB

Developmental RB

Defensive Tackle

Stout tackling Linebacker (Not the usual jets draft of shrimp speed #3 LB)

That is how the draft SHOULD play out.

I have little confidence Douglas will indeed go super heavy offense, he'll sign some vet WR's and then say 'we good!' after picking one WR.

• Upvote 1

I am just gong to focus on offense and forget the IDL + S needs for this post...

I'm sort of vibing / hoping with:

• Sign two 2nd tier guards for about the $ it would cost to sign one 1st tier guard (each one in the $4-6 million per year range)
  • Sign best vet LT option that will have injury concerns
  • Sign spot starter LT as backup
  • Either sign Calvin Ridley or go the depth by numbers route and sign both Hollywood Brown and Curtis Samuel
  • Draft BPA (out of OT, WR, BOWERS)
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Paradis said:

Assume the following: 

3. Huff walks
  5. Kidding about #4

Aren't you the one who jokes that your wife has the ability to will things into being and tell the future.  And then you go ahead and tempt the fates by throwing the idea of item 4 into the ethosphere.

As to your scenarios, I chose option 2, but I might prefer that we go WR R3 and leave interior OL to late rounds if we have already added two OTs to the line.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I’m not really “vibin” with any of these completely, but if forced to choose, I’m signing Mike Evans (which I don’t think is happening, but would be fun) 

no to Jeudy who has been a huge disappointment 

1 hour ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

I guess if you're telling me we sign a very good OT and Mike Evans then draft a OL with #10. That's not a terrible start to the season. 

I'd add a developmental QB in the draft to this and I'd call it a homerun

I mean, none of these. These are too specific for I would like to do. If I had to choose it would be #2. 

My ideal scenario would be :

1. Alaric Jackson in FA to play LT (I don;t think we will get a 'marquee OT in FA', who? I mean this is they most 'top tier' type of guy we could get. And even then it will be tough to pry him away from LA. 

2. Draft Fuaga and plug him in at RT. 

3. Kevin Zeitler in FA to play G. Plug him ight in and your 5 starters are complete - Jackson, Zeitler, Tippy, AVT, Fuaga. 

4. Sign Ridley-WR in FA. 

5. Draft Pearsall-WR (Florida) in Rd. 3. If you have to move up to the back end of Rd. 2 to take him. Do it. Plug directly into the slot. 

6. Sign Tyrod Taylor to be our QB2. I keep saying this but a lot of these quality backups from 2023 will NOT want to sign with the Jets to sit on the bench behind Arod. They will want to go somewhere to compete for a starting spot, if not get a starting spot off the bat. Furthermore, I don't want to invest a ton more $$$ at the QB position if we don't have to. Taylor is kind of the perfect backup. Experienced, still has the ability to extend drives with his legs, cheap, good leader, happy to accept the backup role, and he's not a 'system' QB.

7. D-line Depth: Resign our current guys where possible. I want Solomon Thomas, Jefferson, even Al Woods back. If we can't get some of these guys back. look at cheap FAs to fill these holes.

8. Safety: Resign Ash Davis and Chuck Clark. Those are your potential starters. Adams is your third Safety. Whitehead can kick rocks. 

8. More O-line depth later in the draft - Rd. 4, 5  in particular. Get developmental OGs, OTs, Cs, etc. Keep that pipeline going. With the above moves and current players under contract we should be ok with depth. But keeping that pipeline of developmental talent going on the o-line is critical. Otherwise, BAP. Could be LB, could be S, could be WR, could be Edge (yes I said Edge), could be CB. After all, we have 5 draft picks between Rounds 4 and 6.

On 2/29/2024 at 11:47 PM, Paradis said:

Assume the following: 

3. Huff walks
  5. Kidding about #4

sir..... this is on you next season... better get the witchcraft remedy ready

so disappointed lolololo

• Haha 2

I don't care how they're acquired, but we must acquire (in order of need):

1. Several O-linemen including a high-end starter OT.

2. A legit #2 WR to pair with Wilson.  Lazard, Davis, Gipson, etc. not even close.

Without this two above, we don't win even with Aaron Rodgers.

3. A legitimate backup QB, preferably a veteran with a solid resume of W/L and QB production

Without this one above, we don't have any chance to win without Aaron Rodgers again.

4. Sort out the MLB position (Mosely contract issue).

5. Figure out the D-Line (Huff let go, are the guys left enough?  2023 would say no IMO).

9 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

Lazard should bounce back with Rodgers back.  

You are aware that Lazard has never been near a 1,000 yard WR in his career? Lazard was a decent blocking WR and that is it. The Packers dumped him for a reason. He is not good, and kind of a doofus. 

9 hours ago, PackersNation said:

You are aware that Lazard has never been near a 1,000 yard WR in his career? Lazard was a decent blocking WR and that is it. The Packers dumped him for a reason. He is not good, and kind of a doofus. 

Seen him make some great catches with Rodgers who likes him. Good enough for me.

10 hours ago, JohnnyLV said:

Not picking one. They all suck balls

10 hours ago, HighPitch said:

none of the above? paradis must be drunk again

11 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

None of the above.

Jeudy, Lock and Van Jefferson all suck.

Sweet, thanks for playing. Smh, you guys wants to paint your nails black and wear eyeliner while you're at it? 

I don't know how to break this to you, but the jets won't be signing Santa clause to the roster. The point of that exercise that you morose fcks missed, was the notion that you may have to settle for what it is. 

New poll

1) Win a SB

2) Not win one.

there you go. grab a cheese string on your way out. 

• Upvote 1