Possible Suitor for Wilson

13 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Totally agree .. it is what it is. He either did not get the developmental coaching he needed, got bad coaching that derailed his development, or can't and could never play period. Any way you slice it, the talent he has flashed has not become consistent and with the exception of a few good games (only 1 or 2 complete games) of football, he has not demonstrated the improvement necessary to execute as a starter.

The differences of opinion ultimately only matter if you believe the coaching staff and OL play had something to do with the outcome. Because if the team drafts another developmental QB ( Penix for example ) you'd be crazy to believe this staff can get the job done. Has the team brought in a new QB coach yet ?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

I don't blame anyone except Zach but he's not a worthless 0 talent and should hang them up. I just don't think right now he's a starting player. He can go in make plays and give a team a jolt on offense. I'd suit him up as a backup but if he has to play for extended time and start like in 2023 I go in a different direction. He's a relief pitcher not a starting pitcher. Other players like Geno have come back and become good players after sucking like Zach. 

4 hours ago, doitny said:

this is it, right here.

Fields from the same draft class with the same years and 2 mil less money just got traded for a 6th rd pick.

HOF HC Mike Tomlin wanted Fields when he could have had Zach and his unbelievable talent..lol 

this has to tell you something. Tomlin is one of the best HCs in history and he didnt want Zach.

Not to mention, the following teams all seem to be looking pretty satisfied with their QB rooms with, at minimum, their QB2 spots well-filled with trustworthy options and/or several filling their QB3 slots as well:

• Bills:  Josh Allen, Trubisky
  • Dolphins:  Tua, Mike White, Skylar Thompson
  • Patriots:  Brissett, Zappe
  • Ravens:  Lamar, Josh Johnson
  • Bengals:  Burrow, Jake Browning
  • Browns:  Watson, Winston
  • Steelers:  R. Wilson, Fields, Kyle Allen
  • Texans:  Stroud, Davis Mills, Keenum, Tim Boyle
  • Colts:  Anthony Richardson, Flacco, Sam Ehlinger
  • Jaguars:  Lawrence, Mac Jones, CJ Beathard
  • Titans:  Levis, Mason Rudolph, Malik Willis
  • Chiefs:  Mahomes, Wentz, Ian Book
  • Raiders:  O'Connell, Minshew, Anthony Brown
  • Chargers:  Herbert, Easton Stick, Max Duggan
  • Cowboys:  Dak, Cooper Rush, Trey Lance
  • Giants:  D. Jones, Drew Lock, DeVito
  • Eagles:  Hurts, Kenny Pickett, Will Grier/Tanner McKee
  • Washington:  Mariota, Jeff Driskel, Jake Fromm
  • Lions:  Goff, Hendon Hooker, Nate Sudfeld
  • Vikings:  Darnold, Nick Mullens, Jaren Hall
  • Falcons:  Cousins, Heinicke
  • Panthers:  B. Young, Dalton
  • Bucs:  Mayfield, Kyle Trask, John Wolford
  • Saints:  Carr, Jake Haener, Peterman
  • Cardinals:  Murray, Desmond Ridder, Clayton Tune
  • Rams:  Stafford, Jimmy G, Stetson Bennett
  • 49ers:  Purdy, Josh Dobbs, Brandon Allen
  • Seahawks:  G. Smith, Sam Howell

Tack on the teams that will add QBs in the draft, and some adding alternative vet QBs yet to be signed (Tannehill, Gabbert, Hoyer, etc), and just how many teams are there that are going to be looking for a QB3 like Zach?  Denver and maybe Chicago?

• Post of the Week 2

17 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I don't blame anyone except Zach but he's not a worthless 0 talent and should hang them up. I just don't think right now he's a starting player. He can go in make plays and give a team a jolt on offense. I'd suit him up as a backup but if he has to play for extended time and start like in 2023 I go in a different direction. He's a relief pitcher not a starting pitcher. Other players like Geno have come back and become good players after sucking like Zach. 

He has some talent. He just has zero drive.

20 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

He's thrown 23 total touchdown passes in three years.

To put that in perspective, 14 QBs threw 23+ TDs last season alone.  3 of those (R. Wilson, Stafford, Stroud) did it in just 15 games.

20 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not to mention, the following teams all seem to be looking pretty satisfied with their QB rooms with, at minimum, their QB2 spots well-filled with trustworthy options and/or several filling their QB3 slots as well:

• Bills:  Josh Allen, Trubisky
  • Dolphins:  Tua, Mike White, Skylar Thompson
  • Patriots:  Brissett, Zappe
  • Ravens:  Lamar, Josh Johnson
  • Bengals:  Burrow, Jake Browning
  • Browns:  Watson, Winston
  • Steelers:  R. Wilson, Fields, Kyle Allen
  • Texans:  Stroud, Davis Mills, Keenum, Tim Boyle
  • Colts:  Anthony Richardson, Flacco, Sam Ehlinger
  • Jaguars:  Lawrence, Mac Jones, CJ Beathard
  • Titans:  Levis, Mason Rudolph, Malik Willis
  • Chiefs:  Mahomes, Wentz, Ian Book
  • Raiders:  O'Connell, Minshew, Anthony Brown
  • Chargers:  Herbert, Easton Stick, Max Duggan
  • Cowboys:  Dak, Cooper Rush, Trey Lance
  • Giants:  D. Jones, Drew Lock, DeVito
  • Eagles:  Hurts, Kenny Pickett, Will Grier/Tanner McKee
  • Washington:  Mariota, Jeff Driskel, Jake Fromm
  • Lions:  Goff, Hendon Hooker, Nate Sudfeld
  • Vikings:  Darnold, Nick Mullens, Jaren Hall
  • Falcons:  Cousins, Heinicke
  • Panthers:  B. Young, Dalton
  • Bucs:  Mayfield, Kyle Trask, John Wolford
  • Saints:  Carr, Jake Haener, Peterman
  • Cardinals:  Murray, Desmond Ridder, Clayton Tune
  • Rams:  Stafford, Stetson Bennett
  • 49ers:  Purdy, Josh Dobbs, Brandon Allen
  • Seahawks:  G. Smith, Sam Howell

Tack on the teams that will add QBs in the draft, and some adding alternative vet QBs yet to be signed (Tannehill, Gabbert, Hoyer, etc), and just how many teams are there that are going to be looking for a QB3 like Zach?  Denver and maybe Chicago?

great list. the thing that stands out to me the most are the Rams having Stetson Bennett at 2. at 26 he has never played in a NFL game and there choosing him over Zach. and Stafford who is 35 missed 2 games last year and 8 the year before.

then you have Easton Stick as the #2 with the Chargers.

Ried went with Wentz who is supposed to be such a bad guy.

those are the backup spots he could have had but they instead went with nobodys and a bad guy.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

He has some talent. He just has zero drive.

I don't see that. I thought always he gave a good effort and wasn't afraid of contact. He got creamed on that concussion play. Look AR was out for the season based on one play was he trying to jake it too? His teammates don't think that about him that he was a chicken. The only time they were pissed at him was after his dumb comments after that Patriots game when he wouldn't take any blame for a bad game. He's a young guy made a mistake and fixed it. 

58 minutes ago, doitny said:

great list. the thing that stands out to me the most are the Rams having Stetson Bennett at 2. at 26 he has never played in a NFL game and there choosing him over Zach. and Stafford who is 35 missed 2 games last year and 8 the year before.

then you have Easton Stick as the #2 with the Chargers.

Ried went with Wentz who is supposed to be such a bad guy.

those are the backup spots he could have had but they instead went with nobodys and a bad guy.

Rams signed Jimmy G

• Upvote 2

Remember last year when Zach supposedly "couldn't hurt us any longer" because we had Rodgers?  How'd that work out for the PVO crowd?
Yeah, I'm good with bumping this thread until the second he's gone.  There are 2 things you can do about it if you are upset:  1) Nothing, and 2) Like it.
I quite enjoy your tirades ... They offer unique and compelling insights every time.

• Haha 2

Siemian took sacks at less than half the rate as Zach Wilson did, killing the "OL ruined Zach" argument.  But you keep fighting that good fight!
Explain the need to revamp the line entirely....

532a3ede3e9cde077cb6329c2ce99839.gif
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

The line was bad. Zach holds the ball for a very long time. You take the good, you take the bad, and there you have the facts of life, the facts of life. Also a cumulative effect of the linemen saying “**** this guy” after the millionth time they carved out a pocket for him and he bails on it because every snap provided a wondrous new adventure for the whelp

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

The line was bad. Zach holds the ball for a very long time. You take the good, you take the bad, and there you have the facts of life, the facts of life. Also a cumulative effect of the linemen saying “**** this guy” after the millionth time they carved out a pocket for him and he bails on it because every snap provided a wondrous new adventure for the whelp
Yes both can be true Zach was not good ... The OLine was atrocious.. I agree with that.

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

No team should ever try to improve ever.  Just let things rot so that you and Tuscany can have forever excuses for horrific play by your boo face.

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

Yes both can be true Zach was not good ... The OLine was atrocious.. I agree with that.

Saying Zach Wilson was “not good” is like saying the Hindenburg Disaster was a “minor inconvenience”.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, bitonti said:

This is the daily reminder thread that Zach wilson is a bum 

Only when it comes to being an NFL QB. Mostly cause he ain’t one. Other than that kids pretty solid. Got bank, gets nice tail and got one of those Billionare Uncles. 

We should all be so Bummy Bit! 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Only when it comes to being an NFL QB. Mostly cause he ain’t one. Other than that kids pretty solid. Got bank, gets nice tail and got one of those Billionare Uncles. 

We should all be so Bummy Bit! 

The Big Lebowski Brandt GIF

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Last two years

Zach Wilson 10 wins

Aaron Rodgers 8 wins!

Boo ya!

An upturned bucket for a head with a broom handle body could have done the same as Zach for all he contributed to those wins. 

• Haha 1