*** The official 2024 free agency thread***

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I am legit wondering if the jets will go wr at 10, or after a trade back, and then grab an OL in the 2nd round.  They can still find quality OL in round 2, and if there’s a stud wr there after a trade (ie, Bryan Thomas), maybe they go playmaker.

I wouldn't mind it. I really like the WRs at the top of this draft. 

5 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

There are people who will never see things for what they are.

Sam Darnold is in all likelihood, a solid backup QB. Not Rich Gannon.

He’s unlikely to ever “resurrect” his career. But he’s always had intriguing physical tools and will only be 27 at the start of the season so a team in QB no man’s land like Minnesota will give him a shot.

And the Jets didn’t just give Tyrod 2 years, $18 million to play 3rd fiddle.

Sam will probably earn 130mm or more when all is said and done. Most of us w

ould sign up for bring that kind of a “ bust.”😎

8 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I wouldn't mind it. I really like the WRs at the top of this draft. 

If they did it, i would think they’d need to secure a 2nd rounder so they could still draft a legit OL prospect.  If not you would still think they go OL at 10, which at this point I’m predicting is fuaga.  

43 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

unreal contract for Mooney.   I've liked him as a player but he has done almost nothing for two years.

We are going to get fleeced for our #2  wr if we pursue one.

Maybe this means they don’t go WR if they stay at 8. They desperately need a pass rusher. Could help us. Could also trade out of a QB sitting there.

14 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I like Ridley more than you do. I don't love him as your WR1, but I think he would be a high quality WR2 and complement Wilson nicely. 

Brown could also be a good WR2 in the right system. 

Neither player is can't miss. It has to be a good fit. 

Ridleys play is a wee bit scary, his missing time risk is far more scary for me.    When you miss time from the league twice due to non injury reasons it is a potential big hazard.   If gambling or his mental heath issues crop up again it's akin to a major injury.

I've never liked Brown, I'd far rather have Boyd or Samuel than Brown.

• Upvote 1

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

New England is pushing to sign free-agent WR Calvin Ridley, but sources believe that he currently prefers to return to Jacksonville and he has been discussing a deal with the Jaguars.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Ridleys play is a wee bit scary, his missing time risk is far more scary for me.    When you miss time from the league twice due to non injury reasons it is a potential big hazard.   If gambling or his mental heath issues crop up again it's akin to a major injury.

I've never liked Brown, I'd far rather have Boyd or Samuel than Brown.

Good depth at WR. Can probably get1-2 guys as low as 4th rd that are better than guys on that list.

1 minute ago, section314 said:

Good depth at WR. Can probably get1-2 guys as low as 4th rd that are better than guys on that list.

Regardless of anything we do in FA this year Douglas has to pick at least two WRs in this draft.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Regardless of anything we do in FA this year Douglas has to pick at least two WRs in this draft.

The better their FA with OL the more of a chance they consider wr in round 1.  Esp. If they trade back.  If they don’t get a 2nd, that first rounder has to be a tackle.  

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

There’s no logical reason to think that it isn’t.

As long as Rodgers wants to play, short of him falling off a cliff head first into a barrel of sh*t, he’ll be the Jets starting QB.

Why wouldn’t he be?

We haven’t had more than 2 seasons of sustained “good” QB play since Namath.

Kenny O’Brien is this teams best QB in the last half a century for f*ck sake.

While you guys dupe yourselves into thinking this team is going to find the next Mahomes through the draft, they can’t even find their own Kirk Cousins or Derek Carr.

So you better pray that Aaron Rodgers comes back at full health and plays as long as he remains a viable starter.

40 year old declining QB that lasted 4 snaps this season. Shoo in for playing 2 more years

52 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Surprised at so much RB movement, one teams trash is another teams gold it seems.

Ekler to Washington

Mixon traded to Houston

Thank. Beer. This thread sucks, and has gone off the rails with guys debating the merits of people like Sam Howell rather than posting actual trades and signings.

For a team so desperate for offense talent; its crazy to me we haven’t brought in a high end skill position player.

We needed the improvement on the o-line and I fully expect us to grab another OT or two but we need some spark and creativity outside of GW. 

1 hour ago, CTJetsFan said:

I'd add Curtis Samuel to that list

I’d be happy with Samuel as a plan B to Ridley.

If we miss out on both, plan C should be to fill out the entire starting OL in FA and use pick 10 on playmaker.

We need a number 2. And those two are the only ones that qualify. 

• Upvote 1