Aaron Rodgers leaving Jets to be VP of United States?

8 minutes ago, Death2NE said:

Honestly I think it would be enough for me to finally throw the towel in on fandom and just love the sport because I love the game and have more fun gambling and fantasy . I wouldn’t be mad at Rodgers , Douglas , woody , nobody . There would just be nothing left to do but throw your hands in the air and say “**** THIS sh*t” . And I’ve never thought about not being a fan nor did I even think it was possible but this coming to fruition would just suck the fandom right out of me .

A qb that gets mono like a 12 year old girl ? I’ve never heard this from any other athlete ever . A qb legend makes his electric entrance onto your home field in week 1 prime time and goes down on the fourth play?

And none of those or any other example of this cursed franchises history would hold a candle to the overarching image of the Rodgers era as a jet ending with him on a debate stage vs a cackling Kamala Harris on a Thursday in week 2 at the same time that the jets are losing 19-2 at home vs the dolphins on TNF

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I'll always be a jets fan. Its embedded in my youth watching my father scream at the TV. But this is truly another level from some sick twisted dimension. Its like the football version of pinhead

Absolute masochism from another dimension. 

Can you imagine an snl skit like that? With Zach Wilson as pinhead. And instead of a box, it's a couple Twinkies rex Ryan never opened up 😂😂😂

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

I kinda feel bad for Moggz, because I just remembered he put me on ignore for laughing at him saying he had guys in the building when the Russini story came out. I quoted him 2 or 3 times here and he can’t defend himself, which kinda sucks.

Moggz is my bro, and I don't have a single bad word about about him tbh. 

I have always found him quite willing and able to engage and defend his ideas/beliefs, personally.

As he old saying goes, your mileage may vary.....

2 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Blocked or not, this guy is going off the rails now.

Are you for real? They do that they wouldn’t even get a job in the league cafeteria.

Jeez dude. You’re just doubling down on bullsh*t now.

Are you usually this dim or is today your birthday and you’re drunk or something?  You’ve followed me across two threads, quoting multiple posts, now as if I’ve been pulling a curtain back or something.

I’m not doubling down on anything.  I’m giving my opinion of a COMPLETELY HYPOTHETICAL situation, not anything sourced.  Leave me the f*ck alone.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Moggz is my bro, and I don't have a single bad word about about him tbh. 

I have always found him quite willing and able to engage and defend his ideas/beliefs, personally.

As he old saying goes, your mileage may vary.....

I love you ‘Fish, but nah.  Taking this opportunity to say F*CK that guy.  It goes beyond a difference of opinion with him and it takes a lot for anyone to make my ignore list, so he can pat himself on the back for that.

I hope he leaves the forum to go become a Giants fan for a year again, like he did the last time he threw a sh*t fit about this team, only to come back under a different username.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Grandy said:

There's something so wrong with our organization. We have our best roster since 2010, but I don't think I've ever hated the vibe of the team this much. I'm just not excited at all, and that bothers me.

Things feel very off. More so than any time since I’ve been a fan. Even during some of the dark years it at least felt someone inside the building recognized it was bad and needed change. 

• Upvote 2

I'll always be a jets fan. Its embedded in my youth watching my father scream at the TV. But this is truly another level from some sick twisted dimension. Its like the football version of pinhead

Absolute masochism from another dimension. 

Can you imagine an snl skit like that? With Zach Wilson as pinhead. And instead of a box, it's a couple Twinkies rex Ryan never opened up

🤣 haha seriously . I’m glad I know someone else understands just how crazy this would be . I mean every Jets fan knows it’s “Same old jets “ or think to themself “only the jets” and other fan bases will say the same but I’m not sure many people really can fathom how incredibly statistically unlikely this 1.5 year period would be if this is how it concluded . It’s SO OVER THE TOP that it really is enough for me to become permanently numb to fandom and I’ve known everything about this team every year since I was like 12 years old , probably could have named our entire practice squad 90% of that time period , this team is a part of me coworkers - friends - family associate this team with me (sadly). But I really think I’d just go numb to being a fan if this happened

The jets I think are LITERALLY indisputable evidence that the “thought manifests reality “ people got it right . It really could be the only way I’d be able to comprehend the unbelievably unlikely things that happen to this team over and over again .

And for anyone thinking this is whining or something it’s not , it’s just fact , even other historically poor franchises like the browns and lions are just not good because they are run like sh*t. There is no other team in sports that has endured so many truly unique and unbelievable circumstances that the jets have , it’s not even debatable . And this is true weather the VP thing happens or not

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Are you usually this f*cking stupid or is today your birthday or something.

I’m not doubling down on anything.  Im giving my opinion of the situation, not anything sourced, you illiterate f*cking moron.

You mad bro? Aw, what a shame.

You want answers, go back and read what I said. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Nah.  F*CK that guy.

I hope he leaves the forum to go become a Giants fan for a year again, like he did the last time he threw a sh*t fit about this team, only to come back under a different username.

Making stuff up again huh? I thought you only did that when you talk about your sauces.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

We'll see in next few weeks if it's a serious story and he's willing to toss out 50 million for a few months of shame. 

Wouldn't think the money would be an impediment. 40 is old for a QB, but it's a baby in a career of politics. He can make a lot more in that game going forward than he can in this one. What better way to burst onto the scene than the 2024 Election (maybe the only circus bigger than the NY Jets).

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Trotter said:

Woody loves money but what impact?

i am guessing based on attendance that the jets are 70% sold in season tickets

mist likely last year they saw a 10% or greater increases 

do we think this story is going to affect maybe the additional 1 or 2 % they might sell?

Ok let’s say rodgers leaves then maybe the 30% avail for a specific home game could be affected but that is not reality until it happens

thus is a story nothing more until something factual occurs

The media smear campaign has started less than 24 hours after the rumor surfaced.

Somebody somewhere in the world of media politics is taking it seriously.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

36 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

35 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Making stuff up again huh? I thought you only did that when you talk about your sauces.

I’m not mad about anything other than your inability to comprehend what you’re reading.

You can claim I’m making things up all you want.  Idrgaf anymore.  I’ve proved it to enough people here in the past when asked and I don’t owe you any sort of explanation.  When I’m wrong, I’m wrong, when I’m right, I don’t go around flaunting it like I won some magical prize because, again, this isn’t my job, nor do I want it to be my job.  I have no idea what pissed you off so badly that you have to keep pulling this sh*t where you comment on all my posts, knowing you’re blocked, like a lost puppy dog.  All I get out out of it is being happy something I was told worked out and we have real football conversations that come out of it so if the fact that I share/d things infuriates you to the point where you can’t seem to shut the f*ck up about it, go cry to a therapist or something. 

I’m going to keep you on ignore and as long as I don’t have to sift through 30 “you’ve chosen to ignore…” messages or quotes that show what you’re saying about me, I’ll stay away from you and you can stay away from me.  Just.  Leave.  Me alone.

• Upvote 4

59 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

😂😂😂😂😂

Imagine the nerve of this guy, thinking about asking “your QB” to be his running mate!

Has he no shame?

asking any QB, ...or LB....or Pitcher  who is still playing the game.

if Rodgers says no who is he going to ask next Justin Verlander? 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Drums said:

If this were to happen, we should be awarded the first pick in the draft.

The entire rest of the NFL is going to be laughing too hard at the Jets to even think of that kind of bail-out

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, doitny said:

asking any QB, ...or LB....or Pitcher  who is still playing the game.

if Rodgers says no who is he going to ask next Justin Verlander? 

Kate Upton would be the better choice, don’t you think? At least we’d watch the VP debate.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

How about we chip in, buy you this, and you go away? Deal? 

Screenshot_20240313-212244_Google.jpg

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

The entire rest of the NFL is going to be laughing too hard at the Jets to even think of that kind of bail-out

Obviously wouldn't happen but it may help dampen the curse.

14 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Yeah. If that claim is real it's ******* awful. I'm hoping it's not real.

I generally don’t care about famous people’s personal lives or opinions on things. To me, performers are performers - whether they’re athletes, musicians, actors, etc. They’re only famous because they have a specific skillset, so as long as they perform at that skillset, I don’t concern myself with anything else.

I’ve disagreed with a lot of Rodgers political and personal views over the years, but I’ve dismissed it because I’ve loved Rodgers as a football fan for years. I still believe he’s going to prove everyone wrong and at least have us in the running for a SB, and I strongly believe he’s one of the best 3 QBs I’ve ever seen play.

All of that being said, if this sandy hook nonsense has even a kernel of truth to it, he, Rogan, Alex Jones, and anyone else perpetuating that absolute bullsh*t can go die in a ditch tomorrow and I wouldn’t bat an eye. Thats dangerous, psychotic sh*t.

• Upvote 3