Keenan Allen traded to Bears

2 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I’d rather have a 2nd round pick and Ladd McConkey than pay a 4th for a washed Keenan Allen

The Jets need to find a way to multiply picks in a talent-rich WR and OL class

They try, they give away good players like Zach Wilson and Alan Lazard - the bidding war just started 

5 hours ago, Jdeet said:

One good thing about this is, the Chargers likely were taking an OT with the 5th pick. Now they likely will take one of the WRs. 

Alt might be in play for us, with the Giants also likely taking a QB. 

Alt won't get to us. Our pick will be either fashanu or bowers. Unless odunze makes it to us in which case he might be the pick. But it's one of those 3 guys. Fyaga probably out since we got moses

Maybe. But that puts the Chargers in line to draft a WR
Cardinals
Chargers
Giants
All could take a WR

Chargers were always highly likely to go WR anyway. This probably removes that as a position the Bears will go after.

Doesn't stop them trading down if someone else likes a WR at #9 though.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

I am not concerned about this one. There are still very good options out there like Mike Williams and Tyler Boyd. Not to mention there could be trade talks in the works, similar to Morgan Moses whom no one expected and/or knew was occurring.

Further, this draft is LOADED with talent at WR as well. Lots of directions to go for sure.

1 minute ago, Falco21 said:

I am not concerned about this one. There are still very good options out there like Mike Williams and Tyler Boyd. Not to mention there could be trade talks in the works, similar to Morgan Moses whom no one expected and/or knew was occurring.

Not to also mention, this draft is LOADED with talent at WR

It’s a game of musical chairs. Time is running out. Jets couldn’t top that offer by doing a 4th and a 6th/7th rd pick?? Let’s go already. Christ. 

he is $ and always injured or playing hurt

to everyone saying he would restructure, he isn't giving up $...so you are either giving him an extension at 31 or pushing out existing money

there are other receivers out there....have to think JD has a plan (if he doesn't we can all kill him together later)

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

he is $ and always injured or playing hurt

to everyone saying he would restructure, he isn't giving up $...so you are either giving him an extension at 31 or pushing out existing money

there are other receivers out there....have to think JD has a plan (if he doesn't we can all kill him together later)

His production is elite and we have an old qb we have to be win now lol 

1 hour ago, jamesr said:

Chargers were always highly likely to go WR anyway. This probably removes that as a position the Bears will go after.

Doesn't stop them trading down if someone else likes a WR at #9 though.

I think the chargers could go alt and then go wr in round 2.  Harbaugh loves his OL

I think the chargers could go alt and then go wr in round 2.  Harbaugh loves his OL
Would be nice if they did I guess ... more likely for one of the three WRs to be available for us.

49 minutes ago, Falco21 said:

Further, this draft is LOADED with talent at WR as well. Lots of directions to go for sure.

Mike Williams and Tyler Boyd are not close to the level of Keenan Allen. You make it sound like they're one in the same.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Would be nice if they did I guess ... more likely for one of the three WRs to be available for us.

Now the bears are probably not taking one at 9, so it was either them or the chargers.  Still think bowers is falling to the jets

Now the bears are probably not taking one at 9, so it was either them or the chargers.  Still think bowers is falling to the jets
I still wonder about Bowers. Not as a prospect, but where he ranks overall on team draft boards. I see a lot of people wondering if he'll fall to #10, but I also see a lot of mocks where he's still on the board in the late teens / early twenties.

Probably more to do with the position he plays than the player himself, but I still don't feel like him being there at 10 will be a big surprise.

10 minutes ago, jamesr said:

I still wonder about Bowers. Not as a prospect, but where he ranks overall on team draft boards. I see a lot of people wondering if he'll fall to #10, but I also see a lot of mocks where he's still on the board in the late teens / early twenties.

Probably more to do with the position he plays than the player himself, but I still don't feel like him being there at 10 will be a big surprise.

I suspect that’s more of a function of where the fit would be for a TE more so than how he’s perceived.  The more football you watch you realize a weapon at any position is good, even at rb (ala breece).  Ideally we’d like a guy like rome to get here and complement wilson but if the worst case is they get Brock and use him correctly that would take pressure off both garrett and the run game.  Just get guys here who can catch and run, not stiffs like Lazard, uzemoh and davis and his drops. 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Barton said:

It’s a game of musical chairs. Time is running out. Jets couldn’t top that offer by doing a 4th and a 6th/7th rd pick?? Let’s go already. Christ. 

It's a game of musical chairs and when the music stops here's our seat!

Screenshot_20240315-080831_Google.jpg

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I think Chargers are a lock to go OL. They want to run the ball.

I think 3 qbs go 1-3, then Harrison and the chargers go alt.  Agree that harbaugh is going to do this.  They can still go wr in round 2 in this draft.  Tenn would take Fashanu, giants take nabers and either rome or bowers would fall to the jets.  Increasingly I’m thinking the jets are not going OL in round 1.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

I think 3 qbs go 1-3, then Harrison and the chargers go alt.  Agree that harbaugh is going to do this.  They can still go wr in round 2 in this draft.  Tenn would take Fashanu, giants take nabers and either rome or bowers would fall to the jets.  Increasingly I’m thinking the jets are not going OL in round 1.

Agree with all of this. My fear is that Bowers is the “obvious” pick that falls to us.

The moves we’ve made in FA made WR more likely and OT less likely, I’ll say that.

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Agree with all of this. My fear is that Bowers is the “obvious” pick that falls to us.

The moves we’ve made in FA made WR more likely and OT less likely, I’ll say that.

Whether the jets are still all in on rodgers for 2 more years, or if they plan on drafting a qb at some point on day 1 or 2, you look at the current roster and say they still need 2 legit more weapons on this offense.  I think they’d love it if rome fell (ha) to 10.  That’s a great scenario.  Maybe that happens if tenn does go OL and now that chicago traded for a wr, and maybe LV or denver trades up with atlanta to get mccarthy.  It’s possible.  But even if the jets wind up with bowers, you’d hope the offensive staff (hope) they would use him like georgia did and just keep throwing him short passes which would open up the run lanes.

• Upvote 1

Who knows that they will do at 10 but there isn't a snowman's chance in hell that they select a QB there unless Maye or Daniels miraculously falls. McCarthy at 10 would be Daniel Jones like.

1 minute ago, playtowinthegame said:

Keenan Allen would never play for the Jets right now with the crackpot we have at quarterback. 

He would have refused to report if he had been traded! 😅

14 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Jets are having a mediocre to poor off-season thus far. It's gonna be another year of excuses if JD doesn't luck out in the draft. 

Jets need to sign Iron Man Jimmy Garoppolo. The Jets start Tyrod the first two games while Jimmy sits out his suspension. Have a 3rd string guy ready to finish the 2nd game when Tyrod gets snapped in two. Jimmy G then starts game 3 and a tackling dummy takes over in game 4 when Jimmy ends up in the ER. Sounds like a plan!