Bears trade Fields to Steelers

This is nothing. Fields is a million times the QB Wilson will ever be. 

Wish we had a GM. 
A million times zero is still ... zero.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Good trade for the Steelers. Cheap with potential future upside. They weren’t getting this kind of talent at that pick.

They revamped their QB room by signing Wilson for $1.2mm and flipping one guy on a rookie deal for another and “ throwing in” a 6th rd pick. I’d say that was a pretty fantastic feat.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Wilson’s remaining money is to high 11 million? - No one’s taking that on for Zach, we are defo cutting him, he’s to toxic to be even the 3rd QB on this team. I’m thinking just before or just after the Draft.

His $11M cap number is the Jets problem. If the Jets manage a clean trade, his new team would only be taking on about $5.5M in salary. Sure, no one’s taking that on either, but just wanted to set the record straight. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Good trade for the Steelers. Cheap with potential future upside. They weren’t getting this kind of talent at that pick.

It’s a weird trade, imho, but they can certainly suck some value out of it. It’s a one year rental with an option to buy, but there’s no chance that they’ll buy in at the fifth-year option cost of over $25M. He’s being brought in as the backup, and probably to hedge their bets with Russ, too, who will also be a free agent next year. Already read a piece speculating that Fields could be the new Slash, brought in mostly to run the ball and change things up. That could be fun to watch. I think if they need to rely on him as a starter for any amount of time, that could be rough. Frankly, I prefer Tyrod in that role. 

Steelers could easily be looking at 2026 comp picks for both of their QBs after the season. In fact, I think it’s the most likely outcome. 

• Upvote 3

I woke up this morning, and I thought, the Steelers got Russell Wilson and Justin Fields for the cost of only a 6th round pick in the 2025 Draft, that can become a 4th round pick. I'm a little jealous. At least the Jets got Rodgers and a great ayahuasca dealer.

It’s a weird trade, imho, but they can certainly suck some value out of it. It’s a one year rental with an option to buy, but there’s no chance that they’ll buy in at the fifth-year option cost of over $25M. He’s being brought in as the backup, and probably to hedge their bets with Russ, too, who will also be a free agent next year. Already read a piece speculating that Fields could be the new Slash, brought in mostly to run the ball and change things up. That could be fun to watch. I think if they need to rely on him as a starter for any amount of time, that could be rough. Frankly, I prefer Tyrod in that role. 

Steelers could easily be looking at 2026 comp picks for both of their QBs after the season. In fact, I think it’s the most likely outcome. 
Makes sense .. it's what Fields really is .. a RB that can sometimes throw .. perfect fit.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

What a terrible draft class for QBs

Yeah really the 2021 class looks insanely God awful.  Lawrence is the only qb in the draft class that deserves to even be a starter.  I thought Mac Jones was the second best qb in that draft class and even he ended up busting.  Fields is trash.  Is Lance even going to be in the league a year for now? Same can be said for Zach once his rookie contract mercifully expires next January 

lawrence has been good but not great 

7 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Wow, I guess there really was no market for him. I guess on the last year of that deal nobody wanted to pay him, which i get but shockingly little comp.

Funny to think Trey Lance netted the most comp of the four 2021 QB busts. Time to cut Zach, imo.

Zach is on the roster next September 

• Sympathy 1
  • Ugh 1

On 3/16/2024 at 7:14 PM, BigRy56 said:

What a terrible draft class for QBs

LOL yup. Remember all the hype? "Epic Draft Class For QBs". "First ever draft with 6 QBs go in 1st round". Even Trevor Lawrence is being compared to Daniel Jones. Ouch!

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, slats said:

His $11M cap number is the Jets problem. If the Jets manage a clean trade, his new team would only be taking on about $5.5M in salary. Sure, no one’s taking that on either, but just wanted to set the record straight. 

Fair enough, but it’s moot we are defo cutting him. No one’s taking that on. He gets cut and signs for league minimum.

He’s the Jets worst ever draft pick. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, BurnleyJet said:

Fair enough, but it’s moot we are defo cutting him. No one’s taking that on. He gets cut and signs for league minimum.

He’s the Jets worst ever draft pick. 

The fact that he hasn’t been cut yet suggests that JD still thinks he can -at least- get someone to take on some of that salary. Even that would exceed expectations. 

If Chris Simms endorses Drake Maye i truly am scared.  Talk about 100% lock to bust.
Simms has Drake Maye ranked 6th in this draft behind JJ, Nix and Penix. He was not high on him at all.

On 3/17/2024 at 7:31 AM, bicketybam said:

In the 2025 draft no less 😅 It shows you how little Chicago thought of Justin Fields. They just wanted him out.

That whole class was a joke. Hell, even Trevor Lawrence, imo, is not all that great. He is just a victim of being the best of a horrible group of QBs. 

Unfortunately, as is the Jet way, we got the sh*t end of that deal.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Falco21 said:

That whole class was a joke. Hell, even Trevor Lawrence, imo, is not all that great. He is just a victim of being the best of a horrible group of QBs. 

Unfortunately, as is the Jet way, we got the sh*t end of that deal.

I think the Urban Meyer debacle set Lawrence back.  Yes, he’s been gone 2 years but that was an entire year of development and learning that missed out on because he had an empty suit clown head coach

5 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

I think the Urban Meyer debacle set Lawrence back.  Yes, he’s been gone 2 years but that was an entire year of development and learning that missed out on because he had an empty suit clown head coach

Imagine what the Zach defenders would be saying right now had his rookie year HC been Urban Meyer rather than Bobby Club Med