Official NFL Draft Rumors and News Thread

2 minutes ago, slats said:

Last year, JD clearly went above and beyond to welcome AR’s friends with open arms. One of the things I wanted to see this off season was a lot less of that, and so far so good. I’ve been happy to see none of Rodgers’ washed up buddies signing here this year. 

Might mean nothing, but Jordy Nelson was seen driving around East Rutherford last week.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

Nabers suggests Daniels to the Patriots (only LSU WR who went in the draft last year was Kayshon Boutte, and we know he's not suggesting Daniels to a team picking twice in the first for him or BTJ)

Maybe the team that drafts Daniels trades for Aiyuk.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, slats said:

Last year, JD clearly went above and beyond to welcome AR’s friends with open arms. One of the things I wanted to see this off season was a lot less of that, and so far so good. I’ve been happy to see none of Rodgers’ washed up buddies signing here this year. 

Not yet.

Long offseason yet to go. 

And Lazard, one of the worst WR efforts I've ever seen in a NY Jet Uniform, remains on the team.

Is Cobb still under contract as of now?

2 hours ago, Alka said:

My prediction #1:  Bowers will be drafted somewhere between #15 and #25.

My prediction #2:  All 3 wide receivers will be gone before #10.

My prediction #3:  Jets will either draft a O tackle at #10, or trade down to pick up a 2nd round pick, which I believe JD would prefer.

This all seems accurate... There's no reason for these wr to be there at 10 

4 qbs 3 wr gone for sure 

For the record I'm hoping for olu Fashanu or fuaga 

I'd be sad with Latham 

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, slats said:

I think putting Lazard on the trading block was Joe showing he mean business. Obviously nobody was trading for that clown and that contract but Joe was being a big boy. Kind of. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, slats said:

I'd like it if we signed Baktahri now. If we did that I'd be all in favor of trading up a spot or two for Odunze.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, freestater said:

I'd like it if we signed Baktahri now. If we did that I'd be all in favor of trading up a spot or two for Odunze.

I think that makes sense.  

The Jets should be keeping at least 9 OL.  This would give us 5 tackles-Smith, Moses, Warren, Bakhtiari, 3rd round draft pick.   Those are ALL tackles only.   We would then have 4+ IOL.   I think they go with 5.  

QB3 would need to be on the practice squad, and it would not include Wilson because the only way Wilson is on this team is involuntarily as part of the 53.  With Hardee gone the ST spot goes to someone who also plays another position.  

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Jetkwondo said:

Heh heh, just saw this 6'8" 352 Lb,  Zach Kuntz unicorn type guy that ran a 4.96 40 at his pro day that the Jets are hosting for maybe a late round pick... Interesting as he's huge and not fat but considered a raw FA type  who's gaining interest!

Tongan, Giovanni Manu

https://heavy.com/sports/new-york-jets/giovanni-manu-aaron-rodgers-protection/?adt_ei=[email]

This guy has gotten attention based solely on his his freaky size and speed but he will need 2 years at least on a practice squad to see if he can handle the NFL. He played hoops as well ... I can see why so many teams are looking at him.

Here’s a fun one: The best kept secret in the NFL Draft is Tongan OT Giovanni Manu, who checks in at a freakish 6.073, 352lbs. Manu ran 4.96 at his Pro Day, which featured half the league in attendance. He also verted 33.5 inches. Manu just concluded his first 30 visit, with… Show more

Embedded video

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Jetkwondo said:

This guy has gotten attention based solely on his his freaky size and speed but he will need 2 years at least on a practice squad to see if he can handle the NFL. He played hoops as well ... I can see why so many teams are looking at him.

Familiarize with Jordan Mailata..Douglas was with the Eagles when they drafted him...I am not saying Manu will become Mailata II...But he could be worth a 7th round flyer...Maybe also Travis Clayton (see below)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordan_Mailata

Tom Pelissero ⁦‪@TomPelissero‬⁩

OL Travis Clayton — an English ex-boxer and rugby player — is a name to watch in the 2024 NFL Draft.

The NFL International Player Pathway prospect has had 5 private workouts plus 4 upcoming visits with NFL teams and recently ran a 4.79 40 at 6-7, 301 pounds with 35-inch arms. 👀 pic.twitter.com/CNZYyT5MFk

3/29/24, 3:23 PM

https://www.americanfootballinternational.com/2024-nfl-international-player-pathway-spotlight-travis-clayton-ol-england-nfl/

7 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

Shorter Joe Schoen: "Please don't trade ahead of us for a QB, you don't need to do that, we promise"

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/joe-schoen-people-assume-were-going-quarterback-but-we-have-other-needs

“If four quarterbacks go we’ll take the second best position player. No interest in Michael Penix whatsoever. Would this franchise reach for a quarterback at the sixth overall pick?”

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, C Mart said:

Familiarize with Jordan Mailata..Douglas was with the Eagles when they drafted him...I am not saying Manu will become Mailata II...But he could be worth a 7th round flyer...Maybe also Travis Clayton (see below)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordan_Mailata

Tom Pelissero ⁦‪@TomPelissero‬⁩

OL Travis Clayton — an English ex-boxer and rugby player — is a name to watch in the 2024 NFL Draft.

The NFL International Player Pathway prospect has had 5 private workouts plus 4 upcoming visits with NFL teams and recently ran a 4.79 40 at 6-7, 301 pounds with 35-inch arms. 👀 pic.twitter.com/CNZYyT5MFk

3/29/24, 3:23 PM

https://www.americanfootballinternational.com/2024-nfl-international-player-pathway-spotlight-travis-clayton-ol-england-nfl/

Just read up on Mailata which was pretty impressive as I wasn't aware! Good call and Info, thanks!

Interesting that Mailata is Samoan and the same height and weight as Manu who is from nearby Tonga in Polynesia. Described as a Rugby player  having Low body fat and extremely quick for a guy his size who was projected as a practice squad player needing development due to inexperience playing football. Became a valuable starter for the Eagles... Manu is described in the same exact manner except he has some experience playing football but it was Div 2 type Canadian Football.  I agree he seems worth taking a flyer on in the 7th round. 

Forgot to post that the basketball video I posted of Manu is 5 years old so he's more developed now.

Clayton also looks interesting and he's 2 tenth's of a second faster then Manu which both are deemed exceptional!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Allbright is pretty plugged in and since there's no way Minnesota takes him at 11,that means he's looking at bowers going in the top 10

Anywhere between 1-9 will be fine. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Alka said:

My prediction #1:  Bowers will be drafted somewhere between #15 and #25.

My prediction #2:  All 3 wide receivers will be gone before #10.

My prediction #3:  Jets will either draft a O tackle at #10, or trade down to pick up a 2nd round pick, which I believe JD would prefer.

Oh man, gutsy calls on this one.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

Allbright is pretty plugged in and since there's no way Minnesota takes him at 11,that means he's looking at bowers going in the top 10

Minnesota almost certainly isn’t picking at 11 though.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Ghost said:

15 days away. All this sh*t will be over. 

And then we can start to post about how all they guys we missed will be All Pros, and the guys we got will be out of the league in no time at all.

Happy times. :D  

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Oh boy.  Wouldn't that be typical Jets' luck.  Enjoy this win all offseason!

I don’t think Daniels gets good for a few years so this is fine. Assuming this is real, do Commies go Drake Maye? So much Maye slander right now.

Just now, T0mShane said:

I don’t think Daniels gets good for a few years so this is fine. Assuming this is real, do Commies go Drake Maye? So much Maye slander right now.

I just have a fear (rational?  irrational?) that the Pats are going to get their next FQB as a result of the Jets again.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Daniels seems to confirm that he had a rough visit with the Commanders?

He’s kind of specific and not a great fit with the Shanahan tree so I wonder if he’s the guy who slides a little. Hoping the #3 team wants you doesn’t seem like the spot he wants to be in.

Feels like someone the Raiders want to give a haul for. Have the Giants shown interest?

There’s been McCarthy buzz to Washington.

The flip side to all of this is if I’m Daniels and I know Washington is taking me that’s probably exactly how I respond to that tweet.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Jetkwondo said:

Just read up on Mailata which was pretty impressive as I wasn't aware! Good call and Info, thanks!

Interesting that Mailata is Samoan and the same height and weight as Manu who is from nearby Tonga in Polynesia. Described as a Rugby player  having Low body fat and extremely quick for a guy his size who was projected as a practice squad player needing development due to inexperience playing football. Became a valuable starter for the Eagles... Manu is described in the same exact manner except he has some experience playing football but it was Div 2 type Canadian Football.  I agree he seems worth taking a flyer on in the 7th round. 

Forgot to post that the basketball video I posted of Manu is 5 years old so he's more developed now.

Clayton also looks interesting and he's 2 tenth's of a second faster then Manu which both are deemed exceptional!

I watched some video of Manu playing football and I was not impressed all.  He did not look like he moved well at all.  Watching those low tier videos is always strange, but usually when you see an NFL athlete in one he jumps out at you.  This guy kinda didn't. 

23 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Also, Daniels on the Patriots would be in one of the worst possible offensive contexts for a rookie QB. His starting WRs right now are Kendrick Bourne, KJ Osbourne, and Pop Douglas. Connor McDermott is their current starting LT. The OC is Alex Van Pelt, who has never developed a QB anywhere as OC, and oversaw Baker Mayfield's regression in Cleveland. The QB coach, TC McCartney, was a backup QB at LSU who never threw a pass in 4 years on the team and has never been a QB coach before. Their HC came from the defensive side of the ball. The single best thing whoever they draft will have going for them is Bob McAdoo is there as an offensive assistant.

Unless they pick an absolutely transcendent talent, whoever they draft at QB is going to bust.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I watched some video of Manu playing football and I was not impressed all.  He did not look like he moved well at all.  Watching those low tier videos is always strange, but usually when you see an NFL athlete in one he jumps out at you.  This guy kinda didn't. 

Yeah, I agree as I saw a video done by a Cowboy's fan that left me thinking the same thing.  In the highlights Manu does dominate at times, just not enough considering the competition he was facing.

Which I guess is why he's considered a FA long shot...  if he's picked it's like having the normal extremely low odds in buying a lottery ticket except for a drawing that won't be decided for a couple of years. 

Pre draft interest to pass the time!

• Upvote 1