Jordan Willis

NYJ Today:

Haason Reddick

Quincy Williams

Jermaine Johnson

John Franklin-Myers

Will McDonald

Michael Clemons

JD was hire in June 2019 so are we blaming him?  NO!

21 minutes ago, Warfish said:

2019 Jets Offense - ranked 31st in the NFL.

Since then, 32nd, 28th, 29th, 29th.

That horrible roster 2019 D?  Finished 7th in yards, 16th in points, more than decent enough.

JD and Saleh now have what, like 8 first round pick projected starters on D?  Guess they won't be happy till it's all 11.

Meanwhile, we're one or a few sprains or strains away from being dead last in the NFL in offense....again.  SMH.

Most offenses are “a few sprains or strains away” from being bad, especially if one of those strains happens to the QB. 

the biggest thing the jets have to do on offense this year is sacrifice to the correct injury God 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

45 minutes ago, Warfish said:

That horrible roster 2019 D?  Finished 7th in yards, 16th in points, more than decent enough.

JD and Saleh now have what, like 8 first round pick projected starters on D?  Guess they won't be happy till it's all 11.

Meanwhile, we're one or a few sprains or strains away from being dead last in the NFL in offense....again.  SMH.

Cool.  You should start a thread about the offense.

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Most offenses are “a few sprains or strains away” from being bad, especially if one of those strains happens to the QB. 

Except in our case, injuries are the norm for many of our key players, not the exception.

23 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

the biggest thing the jets have to do on offense this year is sacrifice to the correct injury God 

Dear lord, you trying to start a Jihad here at JN?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Naaa, I'll just post here.

Sh*t talentless 2019 D, top 7 Defense.

Amazing Saleh 2023 D, top 3 Defense.

2019 record, 7-9.

2023 record, 7-10.

"Defense Wins Championships", lol.

It's almost as if all 53 players matter and injuries are important.

Nah, couldn't be that.

Zach Wilson and Aaron Rodgers are the same dude.

Fantastic observation.

• Upvote 3

Just now, AFJF said:

It's almost as if all 53 players matter and injuries are important.

Nah, couldn't be that.

Zach Wilson and Aaron Rodgers are the same dude.

Fantastic observation.

At least one of us is making observations.  

That 'talentless' D was near-on just as good as our recent all-in full-of-studs D.

So give JD a hot blowie for upgrading the D if it pleases you, but it means absolutely nothing without the O.

And our O has been utter sh*t under JD, and is very likely to be utter sh*t again this coming year after a few weeks of play and few entirely predictable injuries and IR visits.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • More Ugh 2

They are going to be fun to watch (just like last year). JJ became one of my fav players last year. With that said, I hope we get to make a thread like this about the o-line very soon. 

42 minutes ago, Warfish said:

At least one of us is making observations.  

That 'talentless' D was near-on just as good as our recent all-in full-of-studs D.

So give JD a hot blowie for upgrading the D if it pleases you, but it means absolutely nothing without the O.

And our O has been utter sh*t under JD, and is very likely to be utter sh*t again this coming year after a few weeks of play and few entirely predictable injuries and IR visits.

You have really added to the discussion of how the Jets have significantly upgraded the defensive line since 2019. Bringing in the offense was a nice touch. Excellent work.

good-job-pooping.gif

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/30/2024 at 10:13 AM, slimjasi said:

I don’t know if I believe entirely with that.  True the qb is the most important piece but can you imagine if a guy like Andy Reid were coach?  He’d find a way to adapt his offense pdq.  It also depends on how solid a team is to begin with.  Established teams like the chiefs, Steelers, and even the patsies of a few seasons ago can easily manage the usual assortment of injuries teams get, even to the qb.  I can’t see any of the really good coaches basically entering a season thinking about a satisfactory win total ( or even one after the first game when the qb goes down).

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, rangerous said:

I don’t know if I believe entirely with that.  True the qb is the most important piece but can you imagine if a guy like Andy Reid were coach?  He’d find a way to adapt his offense pdq.  It also depends on how solid a team is to begin with.  Established teams like the chiefs, Steelers, and even the patsies of a few seasons ago can easily manage the usual assortment of injuries teams get, even to the qb.  I can’t see any of the really good coaches basically entering a season thinking about a satisfactory win total ( or even one after the first game when the qb goes down).

Sure, but Andy Reid is one of the best offensive coaches of all time. Sure, maybe you can also throw a handful of the best coaches in the league into the same pot. 

I still think our biggest issues on offense the past two years have been bad QB play and ridiculously poor OL health. We lost 2 of our most important offensive players within the first six weeks of the year in each of the past two seasons - AVT + Hall in 2022 and AR + AVT in 2023. As you are implying, we haven’t had the offensive coaching (or depth) to overcome that. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Sure, but Andy Reid is one of the best offensive coaches of all time. Sure, maybe you can also throw a handful of the best coaches in the league into the same pot. 

I still think our biggest issues on offense the past two years have been bad QB play and ridiculously poor OL health. We lost 2 of our most important offensive players within the first six weeks of the year in each of the past two seasons - AVT + Hall in 2022 and AR + AVT in 2023. As you are implying, we haven’t had the offensive coaching (or depth) to overcome that. 

It’s not just the coach.  It’s the whole thing about the team being together.  The coach is one piece.  The team needs a refuse to lose attitude.  You just can’t go around saying next man up.

On 3/30/2024 at 9:52 AM, Warfish said:

Over 4 drafts, Douglas has made 11 picks in rounds 1-2 (generally considered premium picks). Of those, 8/11 have been on offense.

4/7 first round picks have been on offense (O: Becton, Zach, AVT, G. Wilson, 😧 Sauce, JJ, McDonald)

4/4 2d rounders have been on offense (O: Mims, Moore, Breece, Tippmann) 

Hard to argue we're overallocating draft resources to the D or neglecting the O with our premium picks

• Upvote 1

On 3/30/2024 at 10:17 AM, LIJetsFan said:

When you post things like this I want to instantly down vote but since it would harm your rep I restrain myself.  A Herculean effort I might add.   

the picture of mac smiling alone warrants some breaking of pretzels.  

On 3/30/2024 at 6:52 AM, Warfish said:

Post of the year 

• Upvote 1

On 3/30/2024 at 9:46 AM, AFJF said:

NYJ 2019 top OLB/DE/Edge personnel:

Jordan Jenkins

Tarell Basham

Brandon Copeland

Kyle Phillips

Henry Anderson

Jordan Willis

NYJ Today:

Haason Reddick

Quincy Williams

Jermaine Johnson

John Franklin-Myers

Will McDonald

Michael Clemons

The Jets are the best looking team on paper ... going on 50 years.

• Haha 1