Joe Douglas pre draft Press conference

12 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

That really sounded like a guy begging someone to jump them for bowers

This was my thought too.

Joe D is a respected voice in the World of GMs. Him saying the right TE is worthy of a 1st round pick, may be directed at the Titians, the 'other' team considering Bowers. If a team ahead of the Jets takes Bowers, that means some other player slides closer to the Jets. Alt?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Nevermind they just posted it.

Watching now…

Yeah, I'm watching it too.  I don't think they stream it live, just in case JD accidentally lets something slip - e.g. "we really want to take Chop Robinson at ten!" - which they need to edit out before they put it on the website.

• Haha 2

Sounds like he's very interested in drafting a QB on Day 2/3. Wants the Jets to become a "QB factory" like the Packers of the 1990s.

Yeah ... him and 31 other GMs. 😜

• Haha 1

Woody told JD to say that Zach Wilson was an asset.   i would not assume its happy time between the Jets FO and Team Zach Wilson.  They want Zach to arrange a trade where Zach agrees to a longer/cheaper deal.  that is a what a trading team would want to try and salvage him.  

Woody is saying, to his credit, that if I am paying for you (he is greedy and spiteful), you can sit in NJ and rot.   I agree with that. 

18 minutes ago, varjet said:

Woody told JD to say that Zach Wilson was an asset.   i would not assume its happy time between the Jets FO and Team Zach Wilson.  They want Zach to arrange a trade where Zach agrees to a longer/cheaper deal.  that is a what a trading team would want to try and salvage him.  

Woody is saying, to his credit, that if I am paying for you (he is greedy and spiteful), you can sit in NJ and rot.   I agree with that. 

And that scenario would more than likely squash any chance of getting another chance. 

These pre-draft pressers are counterproductive.

Joe Douglas might as well fly a plane with a banner over metro Detroit on day 3 reminding teams he is in the market to draft a QB. 

BTW, this also means they’re not keeping Zach.

Can’t have 4 QBs unless you designate Zach for PS.

3 hours ago, mrcoops said:

Yeah, I'm watching it too.  I don't think they stream it live, just in case JD accidentally lets something slip - e.g. "we really want to take Chop Robinson at ten!" - which they need to edit out before they put it on the website.

LOL

We’ll know whats up when Woody posts a tweet vid of him sipping Kool-Aid on draft day morning 🤣🤣 

• Haha 1

Just watched, there was too much talk about “The TE”. Little to no mention about WRers. JD is definitely trying to get a team that is hot for bowers to either trade with them or to move in front of them so he can draft the player he actually wants. Prior to this presser, I was starting to accept that bowers was a real possibility…but now, I don’t think he’s the target. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Guilhermezmc said:

That really sounded like a guy begging someone to jump them for bowers

or it could be a reverse ploy... they know that he knows that he is not taking bowers because he knows that they dont know he really wants bowers and they dont know what he knows they know

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

😂

Before you can have a QB “factory” don’t you need to be able to show you are capable of developing / producing one?

This is like Zach Wilson saying he’s aiming to break the NFL record for league MVP awards.

Woody please let me try again to be a qb factory

4 hours ago, Pac said:

Bunch of gobbledygook.  Dumb time for a PC when he's clearly not going to say anything.

The ones that he and Saleh do at the end of each draft night are interesting..  This one not so much. 

All GMs do this pre-draft..Have for years..Not sure if it's mandatory by NFL but all GMs have been doing this the past week+

• Sympathy 1

AVT will go down as another ridiculous unresearched draft pick if his option is not extended.  Who wants to give a 5th year option to a G?

2021 was another crappy draft, but JD could have picked Christian Darrishaw, and not given up 3rd round picks to trade up. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Ugh 1