Tony Pauline (from JA board) on Malik Nabers Character Concerns: Merged

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I had read about the diva stuff and then saw a clip him acting like a diva when they asked him what he thought about the Giants drafting him. Basically he said they need to figure out the QB situation if they draft him. 🤣

haven't heard the other crap

I saw this and was quite put off.

Think he said something in the lines of they have to be able to get me the ball.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Larz said:

Every team has a talent/BS ratio they can live with. If he’s fast enough he’ll get a chance 

Saleh's too soft for head cases.  No way JD throws gasoline in the locker room knowing they are both toast this year if no playoffs...

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I think the Giants probably felt the same way. But then maybe that was the point.

I don't disagree.  Unfortunately, some team (probably most) will reward the behavior.

51 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Let all of the Nabers hate flow and funnel right into pick 10.

I heard he follows ISIS on instagram.

I heard clubs baby seals with the decapitated statue head of Walt Disney.

I heard he eats pork on Passover.

I heard he opened up a Daycare at a Catholic Church called “Shhh It’s Okay Daycare.”

I heard he puts pineapple on pizza.

I heard he say in Elijah’s chair

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ncjetman said:

interesting stuff about nabors - did anyone else see anything about this? seems like it would be widely reported

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Malik responded about 2 weeks back, though his QB Jayden Daniels threw some shade at Brian Thomas which he kinda snickered at which gives me bad vibes... 

(Edit ) I was mistaken Daniels said Brian Thomas to the Saints? Not Brian Thomas is a Saint? Which is totally different and he wasn't throwing shade

I was heavy pushing for him..., on the fence now, but think our locker room has some strong leaders to keep him in line if he is the pick.

https://www.mensjournal.com/pursuits/the-nfl-life/nfl-draft-lsu-wr-malik-nabers-high-maintenance-rumors

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Saleh's too soft for head cases.  No way JD throws gasoline in the locker room knowing they are both toast this year if no playoffs...

Saleh has slogans all over the building with the word “violence”.  He lacks a lot but not sure where the soft thing is coming from. 

Echols has a dui and Quinnen had the gun at the airport thing. 

Actually it’s the desperation to win that could make them look the other way with a very talented player 

3 hours ago, hmhertz said:

Brief chat w Tony last night. Confirmed the "diva issues" about Nabers.

1. Busted w a gun during Mardi Gras. Plead down, promised ot never carry a handgun again and charges were dropped.
2. Punched a teammate in the jaw
3. Refused to get up at 9am during combine and "was a real bitch" the entire time there.
4. Refused to do certain things bec "MH Jr didnt have to do them so why do I?"
5. May have assaulted a girl on campus that was covered up.

Guys...this guy scares the sh*t out of me. Sometimes talent isnt enough to overcome personality. See OBJ, Diggs and Antonio Brown as great examples.

Other small tidbits:

1. Rumors swirling that Jets leaning towards OLman at 10
2. Doesnt think Fuaga can play LT but can play OG.
3. Made a good pt about Fanuata...Penix is a lefty so technically Rosengarten was protecting his blind side
4. LOVES Fanashu and thinks that should be the Jets pick at 10 unless Odunze falls to them
5. Very high on Bowers...says he was never really asked to block at GA but has ability to. Thinks he may not get to 10 anyway.
6. Rumor he heard was Pats moving down to 11 and taking Pennix there

I now want Nabers if only to watch him break Saleh down like a shotgun.

• Haha 2

Draft him, feed him 90+ balls a year, then trade him for a couple high picks to draft his replacement.

ALL receivers are crazy.  Some just hide it better.  Draft one in the first round every 2-3 years and move them out before paying them 30 million a year.

Keep the assembly line going. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

This one?

meh. Doesn’t seem that bad. 

Sounds like he just talked himself into some word salad trying to address the “Daniel Jones might not be the guy” part of the question.

• Upvote 1

I thought Jayden Daniels said Brian Thomas is a Saint? But he instead said "Brian Thomas to the Saints? " To which they both laugh.... 

I know it's a  stretch, but are they insinuating the Saints are floating rumors to try to get Nabers to drop to them at 14?... 

1 hour ago, k-met57 said:

i feel like all of the noise on the jets is mis-information, perhaps to get someone to jump them for bowers or odundze. when push comes to shove they will take OL.

Maybe but I hope not. OL is not a safe pick any more and it has a ton of opportunity cost. Just not a good use of resources IMO. Yes, I realize the Jets gave an OL held together with post-it notes.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Gotta find out what happened to Pauline at Pro Football Network. I like reading his stuff, but that site he’s on is some serious backwater sh*t. 

More importantly what did you do to Tony that causes him to not post here?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyLV said:

Maybe but I hope not. OL is not a safe pick any more and it has a ton of opportunity cost. Just not a good use of resources IMO. Yes, I realize the Jets gave an OL held together with post-it notes.

Huge upgrade from the dry erase board they ran out there last year.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

More importantly what did you do to Tony that causes him to not post here?

Pretty sure I’m personally responsible for, at this point, 576 different high-volume poster defections. 

• Haha 2

• Maxman changed the title to Tony Pauline (from JA board) on Malik Nabers Character Concerns: Merged

Daniel Kelly who is a former NFL scout (If you know you know) wrote this:

LSU wide receiver Malik Nabers is one of the more challenging evaluations I’ve done because he has elite traits, but they don’t always translate on game film.

He leaves me with an unsettled feeling in my gut ⎯ and that’s after studying him in a good number of games in 2022 and 2023.

I can’t ignore that feeling.

For every ‘wow’ play Nabers produces when he blows the doors off a secondary, there are a couple of passes thrown his way when he lacks concentration and his route running looks undisciplined.

Nabers loses focus and/or interest at times. Occasionally, he’s not in the right spot or he’ll drop one he shouldn’t have.

That scares me as someone who has aspirations of getting back into the league as a scout and one day running a team. From a management standpoint, that risk has to be accounted for. The only way to do that is to drop his value on the board.

Two years of tape doesn’t lie.

• Haha 1