****The Official Day 1 of the NFL Draft Thread****

1 hour ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

This is kinda where I'm at. Even with Bowers there. If they want him - I'd kinda hope they're able to trade back a few slots and still grab him. 

I agree. Its a value thing. If Joe D has a certain number of first round grades on offensive players, he should trade back further than that. 

5 minutes ago, Wit said:

You get way better value/bang for your buck. Its like picking the TE at 20 instead of 10. 

I think the latest he goes is to the Colts and some people are saying Indy could actually trade up for him.  There's no doubt that a couple of teams really prize this guy and might even have him in their Top 8.  Teams with young QBs (think Colts with Richardson) see Bowers as a really high-end safety blanket for a young QB.

13 minutes ago, Wit said:

Congrats! To you and Jet nut!

Thank you 🥰!!!

11 minutes ago, Xtina said:

On a Thursday?  Who does that?? 

10 minutes ago, Wit said:

You get way better value/bang for your buck. Its like picking the TE at 20 instead of 10. 

It’s true.  It’s becoming more and more common amongst my generation because the discount is substantial.  I was very close to pulling the trigger but decided I would meet in the middle and do a Friday evening in October.  The only day that was truly “off-the-table” for me was a Sunday.  

5 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

"I'd like congratulate the Bride and Groom on this wonderful.......Wait!  We have a trade...."

Will Ferrell Oscars GIF by The Academy Awards

I might actually have my other brother (the twin who is the best man) incorporate this into his speech.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I do think they think about this to a point. Obviously the clear and most obvious thing is to draft a guy that’s worth the pick and you think fits the team. But I do think that GMs think about this when they’re drafting. That they just can’t keep using valuable picks on the same area. Because you can’t pay everyone. And it’s not exactly a great use of resources. Look how much it set us back just continuously drafting DL in the 1st very year. We were talented there but were awful darn near everywhere else. Bc we spent valuable picks on just DL and tied money up there. To where our offense was embarrassing.

is taking DL in the 1st every year a cap problem or just stupid at face value?

43 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I really hope our GM isn't considering "I might have to pay this guy in 4-5 years" as a part of draft ranking. You want that to be the case with every pick you make. Like, wtf?

We need to get talent to pay before worrying about that. I hate when people bring that up! It’s a good issue to have. 

37 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Homemade ribs? I can’t make ribs to save my life. 

yes, i do them the easy way these days though probably not the 'best way'  i slow cook them in the slow cooker until they are almost fall off the bone and then bbq the last bit and they turn out really well.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Screenshot2024-04-25080915.png.6b984d074abd3d3b66786677b8ce32ce.png

Yes, this is a fake tweet :D

@bitonti Is right though

It’s as if Rodgers owns the team 

They’re gonna pass on a LT because Rodgers is the functional GM

He wants Bowers and they won’t draft a LT because they need to save a roster spot for his BFF Bakhtiari

Rodgers will walk next Spring and the team will be stuck with 2 voids at the OT spots 

• Upvote 2

Our Super Bowl is here!!!

J E T S Jets Jets Jets!!!

Let’s Go!

I’m thinking about throwing on a suit, pocket square and mixing up a cocktail. I won’t wear a tie to keep it a little casual.

It’s the best time of year to be a Jets fan. Got to bring your A Game.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Screenshot2024-04-25080915.png.6b984d074abd3d3b66786677b8ce32ce.png

Yes, this is a fake tweet :D

Obviously it's fake.  If it were real, it would've said Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh are expected in the #Jets Draft War Room this evening alongside Aaron Rodgers. :)

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

35 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Best case scenario imo. McCarthy going three starts a stampede to get up for Maye. 

Having the pats take mccarthy would make round one a success no matter who the jets pick.  Facing tall Stetson Bennett the next 4 years until he is dumped by the pats is very appealing to me.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

@Maxman the site is already running slow for me. I swear, if I can’t come on here and disparage the future potential of whatever twenty year old the Jets draft tonight based on my thirty second viewing of a JustBombsProductions highlight vid on YouTube, I will officially NOT sign up for JN Premium for the 22nd consecutive year. And don’t tell me it’s because my first-gen iPad is overburdened by the 52 open RedTube tabs I have cooking. That was one screen shot from seven years ago before piece of sh*t Apple allowed me to crop images without opening MSPaint, which I couldn’t do because of the tabs thing. You’ve been warned, buddy. Hose down the servers. 

Was literally just going to post this (that the site is running like dogsh-t already).

Just like the first bunch of games in regular season that had issues, I'm expecting this site to be a disaster again tonight.  But don't worry!  It'll be up by Sunday.