****The Official Day 1 of the NFL Draft Thread****

8 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Does anyone have a Twitter account I can follow who spoils the picks early?

I absolutely LOATHE all media and specifically the coverage of this BS production.

I promise I will not spoil any here.

IMG_3475.jpeg

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Aiyuk and the late 1st from the 49ers to give them #10.  I'd do that if all of the Top 3 WRs are gone.  But you have to then pay Aiyuk a huge bag of $$$.

JUst spoke with long time sf49ers fan on his way ot the draft party the team throw, they are basically saying that all the good lineman which they said was top 6, would be gone for their pick so they hope to trade back or trade up. Specifically for Lineman. 

Draft memory from my Aaron Rodgers book-The famous 2005 plunge was put in motion by Tampa Bay, after Bucs coach Jon Gruden told AR they would take him at No. 5. At midnight, eve of the draft, Bucs GM Bruce Allen called AR agent Mike Sullivan to say, "We're not taking him."...Sullivan's heart sank. He knew the client once seen as the likely No. 1 overall pick was now falling down a staircase. On the morning of that draft at the Javits Center in NYC, Sullivan told Rodgers, "This could be rough. I don't have a team saying they'll take you if you're there. I'm really sorry to tell you that I don't know where you might go or how far you will fall, and I apologize." Tampa took RB Cadillac Williams, who played 7 NFL seasons. Aaron Rodgers, #Packers pick No. 24, is now preparing for his 20th NFL season. #Jets

5 minutes ago, Larz said:

Draft memory from my Aaron Rodgers book-The famous 2005 plunge was put in motion by Tampa Bay, after Bucs coach Jon Gruden told AR they would take him at No. 5. At midnight, eve of the draft, Bucs GM Bruce Allen called AR agent Mike Sullivan to say, "We're not taking him."...Sullivan's heart sank. He knew the client once seen as the likely No. 1 overall pick was now falling down a staircase. On the morning of that draft at the Javits Center in NYC, Sullivan told Rodgers, "This could be rough. I don't have a team saying they'll take you if you're there. I'm really sorry to tell you that I don't know where you might go or how far you will fall, and I apologize." Tampa took RB Cadillac Williams, who played 7 NFL seasons. Aaron Rodgers, #Packers pick No. 24, is now preparing for his 20th NFL season. #Jets

IIRC, we didn't have a 1st rounder that year.  Though I'm sure we could've traded up.  Oh well.

6 minutes ago, Larz said:

Uhhhhh and will be a 1st ballot HOF QB upon retiring. Which makes all the other teams behind the Packers look like morons for passing on him. Rodgeres is the Johnny Unitas of the modern football age.

4 minutes ago, Larz said:

Who is the most pro ready prospect ?

Nick Saban : Brock Bowers. 

The support for him is pretty unanimous. I still don’t think the Jets go in that direction unless the WRs are gone but how could you be upset about picking that?

3 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

The support for him is pretty unanimous. I still don’t think the Jets go in that direction unless the WRs are gone but how could you be upset about picking that?

Especially the Alabama coach. I mean I don’t think I’ve been more interested in anyone else’s opinion.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Yucatan Jetfan said:

Anyone think we go after JJ McCarthy if he's there at 10?

Sent from my TFY-LX3 using Tapatalk

1) No

2) Hell no

3) I'll carve my eyes out if we drafted a taller Stetson Bennett at 10.

McCarthy is  WORSE prospect than Zach Wilson was,

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

The Jets seriously tried to trade for Tyreek Hill and he turned down Jets for Fins reportedly because no state income tax in FLA. in this draft the closest player to Hill is Nabers. So if Jets still desire that kind of receiver if they do trade up could be for Nabers. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

As I've said many times.

If a team has a sharp oc and QB and makes big changes to their offense to accommodate Brock Bowers and what he brings?  He will be a pro bowler an big factor with the team.

If a team drafts him as a standard TE and make no accomodation to get him the ball then he will be a disappointing TE pick drafted too high.

I like the player a lot.

I have ZERO confidence that Nat Hackett will have a foggy clue how to use him.

Hackett is going to put him in a three point stance and ask him to block down on a defensive end which will result in him living on IR. Dude is a balding 22 year old. That body is ready to collapse under its own weight. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Man, you hear these broadcasts talk Brock Bowers and you wonder how this could at all be a controversial pick. Immediate all-star potential? Yeah that’s fine with me

the majority of these broadcasters are brainless drones who repeat the flavor of the day ad nauseam.

15 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

As I've said many times.

If a team has a sharp oc and QB and makes big changes to their offense to accommodate Brock Bowers and what he brings?  He will be a pro bowler an big factor with the team.

If a team drafts him as a standard TE and make no accomodation to get him the ball then he will be a disappointing TE pick drafted too high.

I like the player a lot.

I have ZERO confidence that Nat Hackett will have a foggy clue how to use him.

Well said. Agreed.

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

remember this when you get mad that the Jets don't take the guy the draft experts told you to want.

I might be 1 of the very few people that know who the 2 people in that pic are lol