****The Official Day 1 of the NFL Draft Thread****

3 hours ago, JetsYanks13 said:

Don’t watch college football, what’s the deal with Brian Thomas? Is he compatible to the big 3 or clearly far below? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I probably don't know a whole lot more than you but I've spent a few days binge-listening to Podcasts to get a bit prepped.  He's clearly outside the Top 3 WRs (Nabers, MHJ, Odunze).  The questions around him are how much did he benefit from Nabers getting more attention on the opposite side and was he a bit of a one-year wonder because his production took a huge jump this year.  Obviously Jayden Daniels at QB helped him.  BUT, the speed and talent are clearly there.  He doesn't seem as polished as other guys, some think he's a bit of a basket catcher or body catcher rather than a hands catcher or high pointer (a criticism Denzel Mims got a bit too).

Bottom line - He definitely seems to be the #4 guy.  Some think he's in his own tier, not in the Top 3 but "the best of the rest."  I wouldn't mind the Jets drafting him but only in a trade down situation.  I don't want him at 10.  Not even sure I'd want him inside the Top 20 with so many other good WR prospects that should be available late in Round 1 and early Round 2.  Just my two cents.

3 hours ago, JetsYanks13 said:

Don’t watch college football, what’s the deal with Brian Thomas? Is he compatible to the big 3 or clearly far below? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Report on the Athletic podcast yesterday that he has been flagged for medicals by some teams.  Have not seen any details though.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

If true, has to be the Jets no? 

Doesn't make sense for Bears @ 9, Falcons @ 8, Titans @ 7, and it feels like too much of a move to get up to NYG? 

I would think it was the Jets.  4 QBs and MHJ, Nabers and Odunze should account for 7 teams.

3 minutes ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

Doesn't make sense for Bears @ 9, Falcons @ 8, Titans @ 7, and it feels like too much of a move to get up to NYG? 

So the 49ers want a top 10 pick and the team would have to pay them.

I'd pass.

Just now, Claymation said:

So the 49ers want a top 10 pick and the team would have to pay them.

I'd pass.

She said to move up. My guess is the trade would be 31 + Aiyuk for 10 as the general framework. 

Although now that I'm thinking about it I have no idea how the cap works at this time of the year. Don't see how the Jets could fit him in w/o doing major restructures which would take time. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Columbia Jet Fan said:

She said to move up. My guess is the trade would be 31 + Aiyuk for 10 as the general framework. 

Although now that I'm thinking about it I have no idea how the cap works at this time of the year. Don't see how the Jets could fit him in w/o doing major restructures which would take time. 

Exactly. You have to wonder who leaked this, most likely its the agent of the player.

49 minutes ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

Aiyuk and the late 1st from the 49ers to give them #10.  I'd do that if all of the Top 3 WRs are gone.  But you have to then pay Aiyuk a huge bag of $$$.

• Upvote 1

Does anyone have a Twitter account I can follow who spoils the picks early?

I absolutely LOATHE all media and specifically the coverage of this BS production.

I promise I will not spoil any here.

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

remember this when you get mad that the Jets don't take the guy the draft experts told you to want.

Not sure I get the joke but "Team Admin" is looking mighty fine! 

7 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Does anyone have a Twitter account I can follow who spoils the picks early?

I absolutely LOATHE all media and specifically the coverage of this BS production.

I promise I will not spoil any here.

If we end up with Jayden Daniels then you have my permission to spoil.

• Haha 1