****The Official Day 1 of the NFL Draft Thread****

15 minutes ago, Larz said:

Still to this day can’t believe the bozo that let the NFL leave radio city. 

The NFL draft has been held in New York every year since 1965

A scheduling conflict with an Easter show at Radio City Music Hall will force it to move from April to May next year

Roger Goodell quipped recently the NFL is getting "bumped by the Easter Bunny" out of their late-April slot at Radio City Music Hall because of a yet-to-be-announced event.

The commissioner suggested Tuesday the league could be run out of Manhattan altogether.

Who gives a sh*t where the draft is held 

• More Ugh 1

16 minutes ago, Larz said:

Still to this day can’t believe the bozo that let the NFL leave radio city. 

The NFL draft has been held in New York every year since 1965

A scheduling conflict with an Easter show at Radio City Music Hall will force it to move from April to May next year

Roger Goodell quipped recently the NFL is getting "bumped by the Easter Bunny" out of their late-April slot at Radio City Music Hall because of a yet-to-be-announced event.

The commissioner suggested Tuesday the league could be run out of Manhattan altogether.

The 2014 National Football League draft was held at Radio City Music Hall a couple weeks later than usual, simply because the iconic venue had an event conflict. Or so it was thought. Now, according to a report by Sports Illustrated,  the NFL is seriously considering moving the draft out of New York City.

Radio City Music Hall ended up canceling the special show that was to go on during the usual draft weekend, leaving the NFL running its draft later than it wanted, unnecessarily, the report said. That upset officials enough, Sports Illustrated went on, that the league may take the draft to one of the other cities that has lobbied to be a host, such as Chicago, Los Angeles, Boston, or Arlington, Texas.

Tbh, I think it's kind of cool how you can now make a road trip to watch the draft.  But it truly is incredible that Radio City let this event get away.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I’m pretty confident somebody is going to fall to us we’re not expecting.  Kind of felt something similar to Garrett Wilson 

Yeah man, be nice. Possible with the way QB’s fly off board. I still can’t believe when we took Sauce he was second the DB off the board. Proof anything can happen, 

• Upvote 2

I woke up this morning, thanked Jesus for another day, and drank a coffee in my hot tub loosening up the back for my morning 9. 

We have Arron Rodgers, Breece Hall, G Wilson, Q, Sauce, T SMITH, M Williams, and are about to add Rome!

It’s a great day to be alive! 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I woke up this morning, thanked Jesus for another day, and drank a coffee in my hot tub loosening up the back for my morning 9. 

We have Arron Rodgers, Breece Hall, G Wilson, Q, Sauce, T SMITH, M Williams, and are about to add Rome!

It’s a great day to be alive! 

Be the thing I’d like to see most but not sure he makes it to us. 

• Upvote 1

nyc will always be special for the draft - specifically because of the Jets and their fans.

No one really paid much attention to the draft until it became common for the Jets to f it up and a few of their fans were present with reactions. Once the media got a hold of this they got smart and moved it to a larger place (Felt Forum) and eventually Radio City.

Moreso then who was going 1 overall was making sure there was a large contingent of local NYJ fans present for their reactions. Sadly, the Jets usually complied with some of their classic 1st rounders.

• Post of the Week 1

Scouting

Jon Carr Director , College Scouting

Ryan Darcey Personnel Operations Assistant

Andy Davis College Scout

Andrew Dollak College Scout

Dom Green National Scout

Jason Mandolesi National Scout

Chris Nolan College Scout

Phil Savage Senior Football Advisor

Johnathon Stigall Senior  Regional Scout

Dan Zbojovsky Director Personnel Operations

Drew Morris College Scout

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

My overall preferences in order:

1. Trade back in the mid-teens. Are the Broncos or Raiders willing to trade up for Penix? Nix? I’d trade back, acquire an additional pick, and then select the best overall offensive lineman or wide receiver or even Bowers, if available. 

2. Stay at 10 and pray that Alt, MHJ, Or Nabers falls to us. The more tape I watch on Odunze, the more I dislike him. I feel like he is being massively overrated by being even remotely compared to Devante Adams. I’d stick at 10 and if Alt, MHJ, Nabers are NOT there, I would go with Fautanu. He gives you positional flexibility and can practically play 80% of the positions on the offensive lineman. Reminds me a lot of AVT. 

3. Lastly, I’d trade up for MHJ or Alt. I think both are going to be great players for an extremely long time. Are the Jets willing to trade a future 1st to move up though? Somehow I doubt it although JD has done it in the past. 

I worry about Alt's height, what is he 6'8".  Hard to stop guys from getting under you at that height.  So I'd hope JD plays it safer and goes for one of the other OT's.   Otherwise nice post. 

The trade back for WR #4 is starting to appeal to me.  For example, can ROME's very good contested catch rate be seen as glass half empty instead, as in he doesn't get seperation.    

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Knicks game 3 and the 1st rd of the NFL DRAFT all in one day. I'm going to burn the sage today. Lol

JB needs to get it going tonight. 76ers will be on a revenge tour. Take 1 game in Philly, and its' over

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Knicks game 3 and the 1st rd of the NFL DRAFT all in one day. I'm going to burn the sage today. 

Islanders playoff game too. Trying to figure out how I can watch the Draft, Knicks and Islanders all at once. Islanders likely aren’t advancing so if I have to sacrifice 1 that’s who it’d be. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Lith said:

I just hope we don't pick at 10 tonight.  Trade up a couple slots and get Rome, or trade back a few slots and take Fuaga/Fashanu and add some draft capital.  Options 1a and 1b for me.

Trade back and get BTJ

• Post of the Week 1

38 minutes ago, Larz said:

Scouting

Jon Carr Director , College Scouting

Ryan Darcey Personnel Operations Assistant

Andy Davis College Scout

Andrew Dollak College Scout

Dom Green National Scout

Jason Mandolesi National Scout

Chris Nolan College Scout

Phil Savage Senior Football Advisor