****The Official Day 1 of the NFL Draft Thread****

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Islanders playoff game too. Trying to figure out how I can watch the Draft, Knicks and Islanders all at once. Islanders likely aren’t advancing so if I have to sacrifice 1 that’s who it’d be. 

Islanders crapped the bed, blowing a 3-0 lead in game 2....absolutely brutal!  They obviously need to win tonight or their season is over.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

@bitonti Is right though

It’s as if Rodgers owns the team 

They’re gonna pass on a LT because Rodgers is the functional GM

He wants Bowers and they won’t draft a LT because they need to save a roster spot for his BFF Bakhtiari

Rodgers will walk next Spring and the team will be stuck with 2 voids at the OT spots 

If I am JD I am taking Odunze/Bowers at 10 but then trading up as much as possible to take a Mims/Guyton/Paul after that.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

@bitonti Is right though

It’s as if Rodgers owns the team 

They’re gonna pass on a LT because Rodgers is the functional GM

He wants Bowers and they won’t draft a LT because they need to save a roster spot for his BFF Bakhtiari

Rodgers will walk next Spring and the team will be stuck with 2 voids at the OT spots 

Joe Douglas has no future plans. It's playoffs or the moving vans

He also thinks Carter Warren is awesome 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

So, to be clear, you believe Rodgers preferred Will McDonald over JSN or Mayer last year? Or, is Rodgers only the GM when it's convenient to pretend he is? 

You keep bringing this up

The Rodgers trade happened April 25. The draft was like 3 days away 

The Jets needed to work out a new contract with Aaron which took weeks 

They also spent the offseason signing all his vet buddies like lazard and Cobb.

It's questionable that Rodgers even wanted Jsn (or even wants nabers this year). Rodgers kind of hates rookie wide outs at this point in his journey. Rodgers might have asked for Mercedes Lewis or something 

I also think there's a big difference between Mayer at 15 and bowers at 10 in terms of the prospects themselves. Bowers at 10 is kind of a steal. Mayer is a good player but probably went a little high 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

so, to recap:

Rodgers was the GM in March when we signed Lazard, but then stopped being GM for awhile until well after the trade was completed.

Math is hard. 

5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

It's questionable that Rodgers even wanted Jsn (or even wants nabers this year). Rodgers kind of hates rookie wide outs at this point in his journey. Rodgers might have asked for Mercedes Lewis or something 

Rodgers kind of hates rookie wide-outs but loves situational pass rushers? 

• Haha 1

I also think there's a big difference between Mayer at 15 and bowers at 10 in terms of the prospects themselves. Bowers at 10 is kind of a steal. Mayer is a good player but probably went a little high 

Speculation here, but I think the idea last year was to give Rodgers a comfort level and familiarity with Lazard, Cobb and Turner who would also help others learn how to run his offense. 

Not a crazy idea.  Doesn’t make him GM. There has been a noticeable change in friends of Rodgers being brought in this season. 

was probably just a transition strategy 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Rodgers kind of hates rookie wide-outs but loves situational pass rushers? 

Yes He likes pass rushers that get the defense off the field and the ball into his hands more 

But even more broadly than that I'm not sure he had a draft preference last year. He already picked out the OC, wr2 and wr3

8 minutes ago, bitonti said:

But even more broadly than that I'm not sure he had a draft preference last year. He already picked out the OC, wr2 and wr3

Dude, I know. Rodgers only tells JD who to draft when it's convenient for you guys. I totally get it. 

10 minutes ago, Larz said:

Speculation here, but I think the idea last year was to give Rodgers a comfort level and familiarity with Lazard, Cobb and Turner who would also help others learn how to run his offense. 

Not a crazy idea.  Doesn’t make him GM. There has been a noticeable change in friends of Rodgers being brought in this season. 

It’s because the Jets can’t wait for Rodgers to gtfo out of the building and Rodgers can’t wait to gtfo of the building. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Larz said:

Of course. 

The Broncos did the same thing with Peyton Manning - they brought in Brandon Stokley and Jacob Tamme because they were Manning guys and he wanted them in the building. They catered to him. The Jets catered to Rodgers. That doesn't mean he was running the draft. 

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Dude, I know. Rodgers only tells JD who to draft when it's convenient for you guys. I totally get it. 

I'm not going to go through the man's entire career but Aaron Rodgers has said very nice things about pass rushers over the years 

An impact pass rusher forces fumbles, hurries qbs into ints, gets sacks on third down, all of which means more ball for Aaron 

• Upvote 1

Just now, bitonti said:

I'm not going to go through the man's entire career but Aaron Rodgers has said very nice things about pass rushers over the years 

An impact pass rusher forces fumbles, hurries qbs into ints, gets sacks on third down, all of which means more ball for Aaron 

So, to be clear, you believe Aaron Rodgers told the Jets to draft Will McDonald. Yes or no?

Which makes the fact that the Pack took Van Ness, our guy, with the pick swap  in the trade. The Packers finally listened to him.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Dude, give it a rest. Just take the L. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, JetsFlyer said:

When cooking for kids. One word "microwave"

In general, yes, I agree...but tonight, I don't mind.  While I'm cooking, gives me more time to sip my pre-game whiskey...whatever happens, it's gonna be a hell-of-a-night, gang!   

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

@Maxman the site is already running slow for me. I swear, if I can’t come on here and disparage the future potential of whatever twenty year old the Jets draft tonight based on my thirty second viewing of a JustBombsProductions highlight vid on YouTube, I will officially NOT sign up for JN Premium for the 22nd consecutive year. And don’t tell me it’s because my first-gen iPad is overburdened by the 52 open RedTube tabs I have cooking. That was one screen shot from seven years ago before piece of sh*t Apple allowed me to crop images without opening MSPaint, which I couldn’t do because of the tabs thing. You’ve been warned, buddy. Hose down the servers. 

Promise me that, whoever the Jets take, you'll hate the pick.  Including if they trade up for MHJ!

I don't think I can handle another mediocre Jets' season without your cynicism.

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s because the Jets can’t wait for Rodgers to gtfo out of the building and Rodgers can’t wait to gtfo of the building. 

He could have gone into the darkness and retired. He’s a lot of things but I think he’s made it clear he’s committed to winning.  He could have half assed his rehab but he attacked it to give the team hope. He’s here for voluntary ota’s. 

not sure where you came up with that 🤷‍♂️