Let’s Review Some of the Remaining WR Talent

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Worst case?  Isn't he somewhat highly regarded?  

I like to watch players myself and have opinion on those guys. I’m wrong sometimes, I’m right a bunch too. Corley does not look like a player that can translate his game to the pro-level. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

not impressed

With Roman or my joke. Not to pat myself on the back but I thought it was quite clever.

Roman was the best player at the Senior bowl. Good hands, good body control and ran a sub 4.4 forty. He would be an asset in the slot and off the ball.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, slats said:

I wouldn’t expect anything dramatic, but the 4th they just got from Minnesota plus their third should be just enough to squeeze back into the bottom of the second, if that’s what they wanted to do. But as of now, the team has six day four picks and I wouldn’t mind if they used a couple of them on WRs rather than trading up for one. 

I didnt realize that 3rd was so high, thanks @TuscanyTile2, I could see them moving up now after having that knowledge, for some reason I thought it was a late 3rd, def could see it happen if they really love a WR, just not sure who that is.  I was listening to Denny Thompson on the local radio this morning, he mentioned that every pro day he was at w/ his QB's, the Jets were all over the WR's.  That said, it could also mean they've done their home work and have identified guys they like in the later rounds. 

W/ all the 1 year rental they have, I personally keep those picks and try to acquire future development talent vs. trading a bunch of picks for the 10th WR off the board.  Go get Aiyuk in that case.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Claymation said:

With Roman or my joke. Not to pat myself on the back but I thought it was quite clever.

Roman was the best player at the Senior bowl. Good hands, good body control and ran a sub 4.4 forty. He would be an asset in the slot and off the ball.

O the joke was superb I just watched some Michigan games and wasnt feeling it but hope im wrong

2 hours ago, derp said:

Burton has off field concerns and should slide to day three, FWIW.

Yeah I think it’s hard to find that guy but if you do you’re set. I think better chance of finding one if you take receivers at 72 and 129 than trading 129 to move from 72 to 64 and taking one there - just as an example. And I like Baker too. The depth chart beyond Lazard - who I’m not sure should make the roster - is three UDFA’s. Reasonable to beef up the depth chart a little.

Yep, as I've said a few times, didnt realize how high that 3rd was.  I'm good w/ that move if they do it, just not for Keon Coleman @Beerfish lol

14 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I like to watch players myself and have opinion on those guys. I’m wrong sometimes, I’m right a bunch too. Corley does not look like a player that can translate his game to the pro-level. 

Ah okay.  From the little I watched, he looks a little small to play the type of game that he does.  I also wasn't fully sold on him.  I watched a few WRs and the one that stood out to me was Pearsall but I guess there was no way we were getting him, considering how high he got taken (I think 31st overall).

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I agree with your post but who are are the 2 young WRs you're referring to?  GW is one.  Who is the 2nd one?  

No GW is a sure thing.

I meant Brownlee and Gipson.  Both were on the roster at the end of the year.  Both contributed albeit in small measure, but given the state of our OL and QB, I can't hold that against them.  There is at least potential there.

• Upvote 1

Daniel Jeremiah Best Available WR (position Rank): 

Adonai Mitchell, Texas (27) - zero percent chance even if we gave up our whole draft 

Ladd McConkey, UGA (30) zero percent chance even if we gave up our whole draft 

Keon Coleman, FSU (42) would have to drop and we'd have to trade up 

Malachi Corley, WKU (44) would have to drop and we'd have to trade up 

Roman Wilson, Michigan (58) - realistic trade up target - top 30 visit for the Jets

Ja'Lynn Polk, Washington (59) - realistic trade up target 

Troy Franklin, Oregon (76) - realistic trade up target - my choice if he makes it to 72 

Tez Walker, UNC (93) - want nothing to do with him 

Malik Washington, UVA (94) - SUPER interesting 

Not included in here is Brendan Rice and Tehjaun Palmer both of whom had top - 30 visits. I really like Brendan Rice and don't know why he isn't ranked higher by most analysts. Wouldn't hate him at 72 and would love him in the 4th or 5th. 

Also Jermaine Burton from Alabama by all accounts is a total head case - but man his highlights are fun to watch. If we get with one of our late 4s or 5th rounder I think its worth the gamble. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

Daniel Jeremiah Best Available WR (position Rank): 

Adonai Mitchell, Texas (27) - zero percent chance even if we gave up our whole draft 

Ladd McConkey, UGA (30) zero percent chance even if we gave up our whole draft 

Keon Coleman, FSU (42) would have to drop and we'd have to trade up 

Malachi Corley, WKU (44) would have to drop and we'd have to trade up 

Roman Wilson, Michigan (58) - realistic trade up target - top 30 visit for the Jets

Ja'Lynn Polk, Washington (59) - realistic trade up target 

Troy Franklin, Oregon (76) - realistic trade up target - my choice if he makes it to 72 

Tez Walker, UNC (93) - want nothing to do with him 

Malik Washington, UVA (94) - SUPER interesting 

Not included in here is Brendan Rice and Tehjaun Palmer both of whom had top - 30 visits. I really like Brendan Rice and don't know why he isn't ranked higher by most analysts. Wouldn't hate him at 72 and would love him in the 4th or 5th. 

Also Jermaine Burton from Alabama by all accounts is a total head case - but man his highlights are fun to watch. If we get with one of our late 4s or 5th rounder I think its worth the gamble. 

I would add McCaffery to the back end of that mix

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I could se 3 of the 1st 5 picks today being WR. 2 of those teams in our division in BUF and NE. Add the chargers to that too.

absolutely.  Patriots just invested in Maye.  They are going to give him a weapon to grow with.  Or they are just stupid.

The other two are desperate.    I think JD has his list and will wait to trade up until the last one on it is still there.  

Just now, Dcat said:

absolutely.  Patriots just invested in Maye.  They are going to give him a weapon to grow with.  Or they are just stupid.

The other two are desperate.    I think JD has his list and will wait to trade up until the last one on it is still there.  

I kind of feel like they'll be in the Higgins / Deebo / Aiyuk trade talks post-draft.

14 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Interesting discussion, Jets met with him @ the combine and he's light:

image.thumb.png.2aeeae05eb0857acd197226980a02d1b.png

I prefer hands that size on my left tackle over any WR, lol. 

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, slats said:

I prefer hands that size on my left tackle over any WR, lol. 

I'm still laughing over T0m's comment that they can't call you for holding if your hands are not visible to the naked eye (something like that).  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, slats said:

Trading for future picks tightens the jeans of analytics nerds everywhere, while trading them away makes them sad. I don’t want to make them sad. JD’s first pick doesn’t scream, “all in,” quite as much as it calmly states, “steady as we go.” Personally, I would rather use two of their remaining seven picks on the WR position than trade up for one. The more shots you take, the more chances you have to hit. 

"Slats for GM" line starts right here

41 minutes ago, nycdan said:

No GW is a sure thing.

I meant Brownlee and Gipson.  Both were on the roster at the end of the year.  Both contributed albeit in small measure, but given the state of our OL and QB, I can't hold that against them.  There is at least potential there.

I think these 2 are pretty much throwaways.  Though I have to admit, I really think Brownlee "looks the part".  

1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

Love him. Seems like a Swiss army/Deebo like WR. Would be thrilled if we got him

• Upvote 1