Let’s Review Some of the Remaining WR Talent

37 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

I highly doubt the Jets move up due to the cost to get in the second.  I would however, offer the 49'ers next year's 2nd for Aiyuk.

Otherwise, they need to just find this years Puka, St. Brown, Diggs, Hill, etc.  Every year an absolute stud goes in these 3-5 rounds.  Find one.  I like Javon Baker in the 3rd/4th if available. 

I wouldn’t expect anything dramatic, but the 4th they just got from Minnesota plus their third should be just enough to squeeze back into the bottom of the second, if that’s what they wanted to do. But as of now, the team has six day four picks and I wouldn’t mind if they used a couple of them on WRs rather than trading up for one. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

we've also got 2025 picks and a couple of guys that can be moved. JFM probably the most likely.

You are like a used car salesman when it come to JFM. But he continues to sit on the lot.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, derp said:

Burton has off field concerns and should slide to day three, FWIW.

Nabers evidently had issues but that didn't stop the Giants from picking him. With $Billions on the line, GM's are willing to take risks.

11 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Pats and bills likely gonna take one at the top off rd2.  I think this position is gonna be thinned out bad by time you reach 72,

Yup. There will still be guys better than what we have. But not guys moving the needle that much. Washington is who I guess we take. Having to stay put bc the price to move up for guys that will make a bigger difference will be too steep for us

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

I didn’t realize it was that high in the third for some reason I thought it was in the back of the third, they might move up now, good call out 

I've got to keep you on the straight and narrow sometimes.  lol

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Nabers evidently had issues but that didn't stop the Giants from picking him. With $Billions on the line, GM's are willing to take risks.

AD has off the field  concerns as well. Hopefully it makes him slide. I doubt it 

4 minutes ago, Claymation said:

You are like a used car salesman when it come to JFM. But he continues to sit on the lot.

I am also pushing this theory, lol. The team drafted McDonald last year and traded for Reddick this year. Reddick moves him inside in the starting lineup -if he’s still in the starting lineup- and the Jets still owe him $27M over the next two years with just $3M guaranteed. If Douglas can’t move him, he’ll almost certainly look to get him to take a haircut. 

If he wants to get back into the second round without spending future picks (again!), that’s a solid way to do it. 

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Off the field issue apparently though

Yeah that’s what you do in Rd 3 grab these types because they wouldn’t be there if they were clean prospects.

IE A Brown and T Hill

4 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

I see everyone wants to trade up to draft a 2nd round WR.  Let me remind you all of the Jets’ 2nd round WR curse.

LMAO!  Eli Moore, Denzel Mims, Devin Smith, Stephen Hill, Alex Van Dyke, Ryan Yarborough.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE, JD?!  WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

They're different off field issues and more well substantiated.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

we've also got 2025 picks and a couple of guys that can be moved. JFM probably the most likely.

I don't want to burn 4 picks to move up. This is a deep draft for DT,WR and OL pieces. Would rather give up a 3rd next year + #72 to move up. We're all in for this year.

4 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

I don't want to burn 4 picks to move up. This is a deep draft for DT,WR and OL pieces. Would rather give up a 3rd next year + #72 to move up. We're all in for this year.

Trading for future picks tightens the jeans of analytics nerds everywhere, while trading them away makes them sad. I don’t want to make them sad. JD’s first pick doesn’t scream, “all in,” quite as much as it calmly states, “steady as we go.” Personally, I would rather use two of their remaining seven picks on the WR position than trade up for one. The more shots you take, the more chances you have to hit. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, slats said:

Trading for future picks tightens the jeans of analytics nerds everywhere, while trading them away makes them sad. I don’t want to make them sad. JD’s first pick doesn’t scream, “all in,” quite as much as it calmly states, “steady as we go.” Personally, I would rather use two of their remaining seven picks on the WR position than trade up for one. The more shots you take, the more chances you have to hit. 

I’m guessing they use at least 1 of those 4th rounders to move up tonight.  They had 2 glaring needs entering this draft and they just addressed the key one and the most difficult one, LT.  Now you enter day 2 where they have no 2nd rounder yet the draft is so deep in wr that it almost offsets, the wr depth vs picking later tonight.  So with a solid roster and many picks remaining it makes good sense to see what wrs are left by the middle of round 2 and see what type of wr you want to add.  Corley intrigues me, he seems like a derivative of bowers. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, slats said:

Personally, I would rather use two of their remaining seven picks on the WR position than trade up for one. The more shots you take, the more chances you have to hit. 

Sounds like how you define "analytics nerds" thinking.

12 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

The jets cant wait around with their dick in their hands, we don't need to pick 10 players in the draft, move up a get another weapon

I concur.  I'd rather aim and shoot at the best prospect we can get our hands on than take the buckshot approach.  We already have two young WRs on the roster and a few more on the PS (Gipson, Brownlee, Charles, Taylor).  While none of these guys may be a WR1 or WR2, we don't really know for sure what we have with them.  Adding 2-3 more similar guys is an approach, but I'd rather add one more guy that we feel really strongly about as a possible WR3 and still get to see what we have with these guys already on our roster with AR throwing them the ball.

Fortunately, GW gives us a little bit of positional flexibility as well.  The picks we got for sliding down to 11 move us up to the bottom of R2 which would be pretty sound if one of the last guys we like is still on the board there.  Think of those picks as 'house money' if it makes it easier.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I concur.  I'd rather aim and shoot at the best prospect we can get our hands on than take the buckshot approach.  We already have two young WRs on the roster and a few more on the PS (Gipson, Brownlee, Charles, Taylor).  While none of these guys may be a WR1 or WR2, we don't really know for sure what we have with them.  Adding 2-3 more similar guys is an approach, but I'd rather add one more guy that we feel really strongly about as a possible WR3 and still get to see what we have with these guys already on our roster with AR throwing them the ball.

Fortunately, GW gives us a little bit of positional flexibility as well.  The picks we got for sliding down to 11 move us up to the bottom of R2 which would be pretty sound if one of the last guys we like is still on the board there.  Think of those picks as 'house money' if it makes it easier.

I would like a outside receiver but i feel like there are only 3 of those left and one of them is a head case so will be hard to get those guys

9 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Unless they absolutely love someone and feel they can move up inexpensively to get him, I strongly prefer the scattershot approach. I’m sure they have a few prospects that they see as potential fits, getting a couple between the third and fifth rounds would fill out the depth on this team well. Right now, it’s two first rounders and a few former UDFAs. Take a couple shots to try and find your very own Pacua. 

That said, I won’t bitch about trading up for a WR too much if that’s what they decide to do. 

13 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I agree with your post but who are are the 2 young WRs you're referring to?  GW is one.  Who is the 2nd one?  

Corley is worst case scenario.

Ainias Smith, I like him a lot in the late 3rd, early 4th.

I’d take a late round flier on Jalen Coker out of Holy Cross. 

Besides that Troy Franklin is an option if he drops.

2 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Corley is worst case scenario.

Ainias Smith, I like him a lot in the late 3rd, early 4th.

I’d take a late round flier on Jalen Coker out of Holy Cross. 

Besides that Troy Franklin is an option if he drops.

Worst case?  Isn't he somewhat highly regarded?  

• Upvote 1