Jets trade up to 3.1: Select WR Malachi Corley

4 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I'm watching this and see hack. And remember the gold zone and all the dumb crap he does. How does that guy have a job. I mean this offense is should be good but dn he worries me

Some of these calls are Cringe!

The perspective these guys must have who come from the streets and lay their bodies on the line, and they have to talk with the golden spoon-fed owners who probably never had to really work a day in their lives. Listening to Woody and his brother try to talk the talk must be hard for these players on the other end of the phone. I wish the owners would just let the staff handle these introductory calls.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I'm watching this and see hack. And remember the gold zone and all the dumb crap he does. How does that guy have a job. I mean this offense is should be good but dn he worries me

Coaching was my first and largest liability when thinking about the Jet’s power rankings.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 hours ago, doitny said:

hey are you still having problems getting on here? i had to open the page on private like we did when Max changed things. tells me the server is too busy in regular mode.

Me too. Had to switch from Safari to Chrome to get forums up and running 

• Upvote 2

One of the commentators on NFL network (don't remember which one) said that Corley was ranked in his top 50 players of the draft, so to get him at pick 65 was pretty good value.

After they traded up when the Jets were on the clock, somebody asked him who he thought the Jets might have traded up for, & he said well, "they have a need at WR & Malachi Corley is the last WR available, that's still in ranked in my top 50 players of the draft" and the Jets called his name about 10 seconds later - it was pretty cool to watch,

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, ARodJetsFan said:

One of the commentators on NFL network (don't remember which one) said that Corley was ranked in his top 50 players of the draft, so to get him at pick 65 was pretty good value.

Daniel Jeremiah had him at 48 in hisTop 50

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Love this kid.

I don't think it's 'part of' what makes his game. .. I think it IS his game.

He has some shiftiness and catches everything ... But his route running needs development and while fast ... Not blazing.

Strength and Determination..he will be a fan favorite.. I can definitely see that.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Great post!   Haven't been this excited for the unique potential of a 3rd round pick ever.

The big bonus is hearing him speak and how Saleh and JD got it wrong so wrong when they told him to bring that anger.... as what he brings is on a much higher plane that is above anger! I'm serious.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Jetfuel66 said:

Some of these calls are Cringe!

The perspective these guys must have who come from the streets and lay their bodies on the line, and they have to talk with the golden spoon-fed owners who probably never had to really work a day in their lives. Listening to Woody and his brother try to talk the talk must be hard for these players on the other end of the phone. I wish the owners would just let the staff handle these introductory calls.

Working Pay Day GIF by Bounce 
Woody writes the checks… you have to kiss the ring!

• Sympathy 1

Absolutely love the pick and can’t believe that he was actually there in 3. Great job by JD in being aggressive to get him.

Saleh…err…Hackett…err…Rodgers should have fun figuring out ways to use him.

Swiss army knife player that we never have and the few times we do, don’t know how to use. Here’s hoping to bucking that trend.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Costello’s main contribution to the Jets draft coverage will be 3 tweets complaining that he has to do Jets draft coverage

Dude, the Athletic Football Show does a series where they bring on the local beat guys to break down every team’s offseason, and Rosenblatt is by farrrr the least prepared of them. Other reporters can talk about cap situations, cash spending, contract structures, draft histories, scheme changes, coaching changes, etc. Rosenblatt comes on and consistently sounds like the most casual Jets fan you know who’s never stepped foot inside the Jets facility. It ends up being the host of the show educating Rosenblatt on the state of the team. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Absolutely love the pick and can’t believe that he was actually there in 3. Great job by JD in being aggressive to get him.

Swiss army knife player that we never have and the few times we do, don’t know how to use. Here’s hoping to bucking that trend.

Almost kinda sucks that we have Hackett because Corley would be perfect for Mike LaFleur’s offense. He’d be Jayden Reed here. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, T0mShane said:

Almost kinda sucks that we have Hackett because Corley would be perfect for Mike LaFleur’s offense. He’d be Jayden Reed here. 

It definitely sucks. I heard something once that Bill Parcells tells GMs or up and coming executives to never draft for “system” just get good players because the next coaching staff will know how to use them.

I kind of feel thank God Rodgers will know what to do and hopefully the next staff will too after Saleh/Hackett work for Michigan State in 2026 and Rodgers researches UFO sightings and starts a podcast of nothing but silence and calls it Louder Than Noise - The True Endzone

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

image.thumb.png.7dd38fb97a28ee8f43da260adb82e05c.png

No wonder Saleh & JD told him to “bring that anger” This kid is built like a brick house! DBs will have a tough time bringing him to the ground.

straight outta compton GIF by HBO

Also impressed he had a watch party in small Kentucky town where all were invited. 

• Upvote 1

ESPN ranked Corley as the #10 receiver in 2023... 

10.Malachi Corley, Western Kentucky

Year:Junior

2022 stats:101 receptions, 1,293 receiving yards, 11 receiving touchdowns.

Corley has done nothing but impress since arriving in Bowling Green, Kentucky. Corley set a WKU record for freshman receiving yards in 2021, then followed it up this past season by setting the record for sophomore receiving yards. Corley ranked fourth in the nation in receiving yards and seventh in receiving touchdowns, and his 101 catches was the fourth most in college football. Once Corley got the football in his hands, he was one of the most dangerous players in the sport. He ranked first in the nation in yards after catch with 975 and was also first in the nation in missed tackles forced with 40.

Corley will be a threat to win the Biletnikoff Award this coming season. -- Harry Lyles Jr.

_ It's funny but his last name jarred my memory of another similar type WR who became a fan favorite that was picked in the 5th Rd by the Jets, Jeremy Kerley.

Except Malichi is a much bigger, rocked up version of Jeremy! Hope he becomes a fan favorite as well!

3 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

It definitely sucks. I heard something once that Bill Parcells tells GMs or up and coming executives to never draft for “system” just get good players because the next coaching staff will know how to use them.

I kind of feel thank God Rodgers will know what to do and hopefully the next staff will too after Saleh/Hackett work for Michigan State in 2026 and Rodgers researches UFO sightings and starts a podcast of nothing but silence and calls it Louder Than Noise - The True Endzone

Very curious to see if there’s any discussion of extensions for Douglas and Saleh this offseason. I believe they both have one year left after this season, so they’re effectively coaching/GMing for their lives this year. 

4 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

image.thumb.png.7dd38fb97a28ee8f43da260adb82e05c.png

No wonder Saleh & JD told him to “bring that anger” This kid is built like a brick house! DBs will have a tough time bringing him to the ground.

straight outta compton GIF by HBO

Also impressed he had a watch party in small Kentucky town where all were invited. 

This is a late 1st / early 2nd talent in last year’s draft. Really excited that we got this dude.

Love his attitude too.

Just now, T0mShane said:

Very curious to see if there’s any discussion of extensions for Douglas and Saleh this offseason. I believe they both have one year left after this season, so they’re effectively coaching/GMing for their lives this year. 

I have 0 connections / sources but my impressions from reading the tea leaves is Woody hates Saleh. He will have to at least the conference game to justify a return.

I really think in Woody’s mind after this offseason Douglas is back. He will only see “this guy closed on Aaron Freakin’ Rodgers” which is what he did with Tanny / Mangini. He clipped Mangini cause he felt Tanny stocked talent and closed on Brett Freakin’ Favre.

Coffee is for closers baby and I don’t see any coffee in Saleh’s mug 2025.

Hackett figuring anything out scares me baby .. yeah baby yeah ... no no no

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

A little media criticism: We have a pack of lazy career reporters who get paid to cover this team, who complain non-stop about what a grind it is, and then you have a kid like Nania who’s out here doing this kind of work on his own. Sure, he’s nerdy and monotone, but he’s not whining about getting paid to watch bad Marvel movies while waiting for Eric Allen to puke propaganda down their throats like baby birds at dinnertime. If I’m an editor at The Athletic, SNY, The NYP, etc, I’m wondering why no one on my payroll even suggested the Jets were taking Fashanu this year, or Will McDonald last year. What are they doing with their time? Reviews of Blue Beetle?

A great comp for him would be what Donald Driver was with Rodgers.

• Upvote 2

http://content.invisioncic.com/y326398/monthly_2024_04/image.thumb.png.7dd38fb97a28ee8f43da260adb82e05c.png
200.gif?cid=d9212ad9ned3bxb8rdic7i19m3hejqx3axk50clkignluzc6&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200.gif&ct=g

This is meant to make you laugh ... But reading your post brought this to me ...e2a9d75f5366b22ef9b7001c2f83a602.jpg

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

A little media criticism: We have a pack of lazy career reporters who get paid to cover this team, who complain non-stop about what a grind it is, and then you have a kid like Nania who’s out here doing this kind of work on his own. Sure, he’s nerdy and monotone, but he’s not whining about getting paid to watch bad Marvel movies while waiting for Eric Allen to puke propaganda down their throats like baby birds at dinnertime. If I’m an editor at The Athletic, SNY, The NYP, etc, I’m wondering why no one on my payroll even suggested the Jets were taking Fashanu this year, or Will McDonald last year. What are they doing with their time? Reviews of Blue Beetle?

There was an argument made on Thursday afternoon to draft Bowers because he’d be a big help in the dump off game. Looks like this kid has that covered, too. 

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Kid looks tough and strong.  Doesnt go down easy.  A solid 215lbs.  Has running back legs.  

I can see him playing the berrios role and being much better than him.

Thank you Joe Douglas!  Thank you!!

After watching his highlights and in terms of what he can do and how you use him, to me he's a smaller Bowers.  Obviously not asking him to block tho it sure seems like he'll hit you too

19 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Coffee is for closers baby and I don’t see any coffee in Saleh’s mug 2025.

Saleh has no excuse to not winning AFC East. It will be tough, but we have the horses to beat the Bills & Dolphins. I expect we won’t lose to the Pats in the next 3 years

Robby should play less golf & watch more tape on how to manage an organization.

ON DECK….. A leader of men

Happy Amazon GIF by NFL On Prime Video

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

Daniel Jeremiah had him at 48 in hisTop 50

His final Top 150:

Rank 44

Malachi Corley  Western Kentucky · WR · Senior
Corley is a compact, physical slot receiver with outstanding run-after-the-catch ability. He lives on quick hitters, with an average depth of target of 6.1 yards in 2023 (according to Pro Football Focus). When he's not running screens or quick hitters, he is very explosive working down the seam. He wasn't asked to run a lot of traditional routes in the system at Western Kentucky, but I don't see any physical limitations or stiffness that would preclude him from developing a more diverse route repertoire. He has some drops on tape, but he can offset a few of those with special catches outside his frame. After the catch, he runs through tackles, makes defenders miss and has legit top-end speed. Overall, Corley can have an immediate role as a starting slot receiver next fall.

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-s-top-150-prospects-in-the-2024-nfl-draft-class

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, bonkertons said:

It’ll suck watching him succeed, and this place will be insufferable if he’s dominating while Olu is on the bench, but it is what it is. Olu fills a long-term need so it’s at least different than taking McDonald last year. Maybe now Ruckert gets an opportunity he otherwise wouldn’t have gotten. We’ll see how it plays out. 

Olu will be playing this season. Let's also see if Kuntz takes a step up this season.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

WOW

Stoked

I’m officially back in 😂 

Honestly this has to be the best Jets roster on paper EVER.

Coaching sucks unfortunately.

Hopefully Rodgers offsets the coaching.

You can't say that when the D & STs have been playoff caliber the past two seasons. 

We all know it's been the O and specifically the QB that has held this team back from the playoffs the past two season. 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Dude, the Athletic Football Show does a series where they bring on the local beat guys to break down every team’s offseason, and Rosenblatt is by farrrr the least prepared of them. Other reporters can talk about cap situations, cash spending, contract structures, draft histories, scheme changes, coaching changes, etc. Rosenblatt comes on and consistently sounds like the most casual Jets fan you know who’s never stepped foot inside the Jets facility. It ends up being the host of the show educating Rosenblatt on the state of the team. 

Been saying it for a while but the Jets easily have the worst crop of beat writers in the league. I get that the industry is different now and all the major news goes to the national guys. But it seems like every other teams’ beat is at least plugged in on the day to day and behind the scenes stuff in the building. For the Jets it’s whatever slant they purposely feed to Hughes and maybe some tidbits from a mostly checked out Cimini and that’s about it. On the one hand it’s nice that they aren’t all just fans of the team like in other cities, but on the other hand half of them just don’t even care to put in any effort at all (Costello and Rosenblatt being the worst).