Jets trade up to 3.1: Select WR Malachi Corley

6 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

I wanted Brocky baby but I can't complain with how it's played out.  My raging "I want to see a dangerous offense" pogo-stick told me Bowers, but my head knew that OT was the safest choice, and probably the best choice for the long-term future of this team.  Still managing to get Corley even without a 2nd is a pretty big dub.  Not to mention we still have three picks in the 4th.  We're still going to add some studs, which is exciting.

The depth chart is taking shape and it's only going to get better by early tomorrow.

IMO, you never, ever, ever pass on a player like Bowers. We were devastated with this pick. 

• Thumb Down 6
  • WTF? 3
  • More Ugh 2
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, DonCorleone said:

IMO, you never, ever, ever pass on a player like Bowers. We were devastated with this pick. 

It’ll suck watching him succeed, and this place will be insufferable if he’s dominating while Olu is on the bench, but it is what it is. Olu fills a long-term need so it’s at least different than taking McDonald last year. Maybe now Ruckert gets an opportunity he otherwise wouldn’t have gotten. We’ll see how it plays out. 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Brilliant job by JD waiting until the 1st pick of the 3rd round to take him, avoiding the 2nd round WR jinx!

hey are you still having problems getting on here? i had to open the page on private like we did when Max changed things. tells me the server is too busy in regular mode.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, DonCorleone said:

IMO u pass on Bowers, u have an LT, that’s not brittle and old, Conklin and Ruckert got it covered 

• Upvote 3

55 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Led the nation in YAC, I think.

Productive WR each year of his college career.

Not a 1y wonder.

If Hackett is smart, he will run him on those Tyreek style Jet motions to get him a running start and free releases.

At the very least he should be effective in a WR4 type / gadget role as a rookie, Braxton Berrios except actually good. 😂

Bro plays hard with attitude and heart.

In that regard he is the anti-Denzel Mims 🤣

He isn’t.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

There will come a day when players like Malachi Corley are no longer on the jets.

I revisited that thread. Maybe top 5 all time since I’ve been on the site. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Led the nation in YAC, I think.

Productive WR each year of his college career.

Not a 1y wonder.

If Hackett is smart, he will run him on those Tyreek style Jet motions to get him a running start and free releases.

At the very least he should be effective in a WR4 type / gadget role as a rookie, Braxton Berrios except actually good. 😂

Bro plays hard with attitude and heart.

In that regard he is the anti-Denzel Mims 🤣

7D6CF8D7-122C-4180-ABF7-A3D95AA29900.png

• Haha 3