****The Official Day 3 of the 2024 NFL Draft****

11 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Pointless trade back.

Because why?  They moved down 14 spots, which tells me they have lots of options for these picks (since they have 3 this round), and got an extra pick.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, green&white said:

I think there are a few reasons you trade back.  First, I think there has to be several players that you like equally, or you don't do in the first place.  Also, sixth round picks are kind of like raffle tickets.  If you have a few of them, your chances of hitting on one of them are greater.  I also think some of it is relationship building with other GMs.  You do another GM a solid and at some point you call in the favor

Are salaries that much different at this point?

1 minute ago, southparkcpa said:

I’m wondering who is our QB of the future?  I would have drafted a QB to sit behind AR.  

Zach wilson will be available next off season 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, CanadaSteve said:

Because why?  They moved down 14 spots, which tells me they have lots of options for these picks (since they have 3 this round), and got an extra pick.

Yes. Those are factual statements. 

Still pointless. If there's a guy you like in the 4th, draft him. 6th rounders are pennies on the dollar. 

3 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

14 Most Likely Better players than the Jets will eventually draft.

This trade was stupid, the trade up yesterday was stupid. Most of his draft-day trades over the years have been awful, especially the trade up for AVT. This guy has no feel for the draft whatsoever. This GM plays the draft like a drunk Atlantic City gambler.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 2
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Still pointless. If there's a guy you like in the 4th, draft him. 6th rounders are pennies on the dollar. 

Obviously felt whoever he wanted will be there 14 picks later -Malik Washington.

2 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Devil’s advocate statement: if he doesn’t have any clear favorite over the next 20 selections or so, getting the extra pick gives him another dart to throw without missing on anyone that they perceive as special. 

I don’t like it on its surface, either, but we’ll see how it plays out. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Maynard13 said:

Obviously felt whoever he wanted will be there 11 picks later -Malik Washington.

I wasn't going to say any specific names, but if he's who they like and he goes, then JD is a moron. 

2 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

JEsus.....JEts fans.

Guy drafts quite possibly the LT of the future, a GREAT WR prospect in the 3rd round while adding more draft capital, and Jets fans bitch because JD has ruined the 3rd day without actually making a pick yet because he moved down a dozen spots. 

And some wonder why this fan base is despised.   Dragons Den No GIF by CBC

Yeah, I mean, they've been SO AWESOME at this, how DARE we question their illogical moves.... yeah, I agree that Olu is promising, but Corley is NOT a "GREAT WR prospect", he's a shifty, quick, elusive guy who needs to learn HOW to be an actual Wide Receiver...

FFS

• Upvote 2

Just now, CanadaSteve said:

JEsus.....JEts fans.

Guy drafts quite possibly the LT of the future, a GREAT WR prospect in the 3rd round while adding more draft capital, and Jets fans bitch because JD has ruined the 3rd day without actually making a pick yet because he moved down a dozen spots. 

And some wonder why this fan base is despised.   Dragons Den No GIF by CBC

This is a message board of fans who on a Saturday morning instead of anything else are checking the draft. Over analysis is precisely what we do. Do not get involved. LOL

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1